Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: Socioninfo type test results

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Socion.info type test results ...

    I am not sure how reliable this is since I basically wrote the whole thing, but have at it ...

    http://socion.info/cgi-bin/beta3test...556516237.html

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    703
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Primary/Secondary modes look to lean towards ENTp/ILE. But the rest says you've got Fe in your ego. Intuitive definately. My guess is INFp/IEI or ENFj/EIE.

    Since this is your test, how are the modes calculated?
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The primary and secondary modes are not always as relaiable with the type test as they are when actually looking at someone in person, but from watching myself and the functions I have noticed myself using I would go with either being ENTp or ENFj, personally. Other than that my relationships point towards ENTp.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    heh. the only thing this test says is that you're an ENFp.. but since you've all but rebuked that type as being a match for you, I'm not sure.

    Definite P. You're kinda unorganized, digitally. Definite N, you present things as though they are already self-evident.

    xNxP. So from that, as you will..

    (btw, look at your test.. everything says F, so maybe you are an INFp).

    Ni - Fe - Ti - Se .....
    thing.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Question, why are you so sure that you're an extravert?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Question, why are you so sure that you're an extravert?
    Because I feel bad and lethargic if I am not socializing with people, and I feel really really great after I have socialized with people. I can not stand to be alone and if I am and have no one to associate with, I get super depressed.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    703
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Question, why are you so sure that you're an extravert?
    Because I feel lethargic if I am not socializing with people and I feel really really great after I have socialized with people. I can not stand to be alone and if I am and have no one to associate with, I get super depressed.
    Does that necessarily point to an extroverted base function? Could that not be a result of being a strong feeler and not getting to excercise that function?

    I'm somewhat still new to this stuff.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    heh. the only thing this test says is that you're an ENFp.. but since you've all but rebuked that type as being a match for you, I'm not sure.

    Definite P. You're kinda unorganized, digitally. Definite N, you present things as though they are already self-evident.

    xNxP. So from that, as you will..

    (btw, look at your test.. everything says F, so maybe you are an INFp).
    Well, I have recently begun to reconsider being an ENFp ... I may make a thread as to why later on.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    heh. the only thing this test says is that you're an ENFp.. but since you've all but rebuked that type as being a match for you, I'm not sure.

    Definite P. You're kinda unorganized, digitally. Definite N, you present things as though they are already self-evident.

    xNxP. So from that, as you will..

    (btw, look at your test.. everything says F, so maybe you are an INFp).
    Well, I have recently begun to reconsider being an ENFp ... I may make a thread as to why later on.
    I've edited my post. I made a mistake when ordering your functions. The test says that your preferred function order of relevance is: Ni - Fe - Ti - Se ... pointing to INFp.

    From http://socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/te.html:

    5. A struggler for the emotional naturalness of people. He feels responsibility for mood of his friends and relatives, for their vital tonus. He uses his fine sense of humor to make them laugh, shake them up. In a company he scans the attendees not in order to find out what they are wearing, but in order to remark how each is feeling: this is exactly what he needs to relate to others. In general, he dreams of bringing harmony into society. History means to him history of the arts. He strives for beauty, which may be – poetry, arts, even nice trinkets. He himself strives to be refined. He adores communication with artists, poets, bohemians, and in general with exotic people.
    thing.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niveK
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Question, why are you so sure that you're an extravert?
    Because I feel lethargic if I am not socializing with people and I feel really really great after I have socialized with people. I can not stand to be alone and if I am and have no one to associate with, I get super depressed.
    Does that necessarily point to an extroverted base function? Could that not be a result of being a strong feeler and not getting to excercise that function?

    I'm somewhat still new to this stuff.
    Well, everyone uses extroverted and introverted functions to some degree, but not everyone places the same confidence in the same functions. In my case, I tend to display alot of .

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    heh. the only thing this test says is that you're an ENFp.. but since you've all but rebuked that type as being a match for you, I'm not sure.

    Definite P. You're kinda unorganized, digitally. Definite N, you present things as though they are already self-evident.

    xNxP. So from that, as you will..

    (btw, look at your test.. everything says F, so maybe you are an INFp).
    Well, I have recently begun to reconsider being an ENFp ... I may make a thread as to why later on.
    I've edited my post. I made a mistake when ordering your functions. The test says that your preferred function order of relevance is: Ni - Fe - Ti - Se ... pointing to INFp.
    Not sure where you are getting the perfered ... I actually see the test as saying that I am close to being split between and with an preferance over . I would actually say that that is rather accurate.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    703
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

    Well, everyone uses extroverted and introverted functions to some degree, but not everyone places the same confidence in the same functions. In my case, I tend to display alot of :Fe::Se::Ti::Ne:.
    Not quite the question I asked, but I see some of your reasoning behind why you might be extroverted.

    I was specifically referring to what you described, which seemed to me more of a general idea of outgoingness.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    heh. the only thing this test says is that you're an ENFp.. but since you've all but rebuked that type as being a match for you, I'm not sure.

    Definite P. You're kinda unorganized, digitally. Definite N, you present things as though they are already self-evident.

    xNxP. So from that, as you will..

    (btw, look at your test.. everything says F, so maybe you are an INFp).
    Well, I have recently begun to reconsider being an ENFp ... I may make a thread as to why later on.
    I've edited my post. I made a mistake when ordering your functions. The test says that your preferred function order of relevance is: Ni - Fe - Ti - Se ... pointing to INFp.
    Not sure where you are getting the perfered ... I actually see the test as saying that I am close to being split between and with an preferance over . I would actually say that that is rather accurate.
    no, no.. I looked at the preferred function order.. so basically, I compared the function order of each different type with the one you have on the page. And of all 16 possibilities INFp is the only type that matched.

    You could very well be ENTp, as ENTp's tend to test as INFp when they are depressed, or so.
    thing.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    703
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Not sure where you are getting the perfered ... I actually see the test as saying that I am close to being split between and with an preferance over . I would actually say that that is rather accurate.
    I can't speak for MySaviour, but I thought based on the fact that while both N's were fairly strong (though leaning towards ), you're judging function seemed a very strong . And since one's ego cannot have homoverted functions, made the most sense.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niveK
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

    Well, everyone uses extroverted and introverted functions to some degree, but not everyone places the same confidence in the same functions. In my case, I tend to display alot of .
    Not quite the question I asked, but I see some of your reasoning behind why you might be extroverted.

    I was specifically referring to what you described, which seemed to me more of a general idea of outgoingness.
    As far as introversion and extroversion goes, I agree with the Jung/socionic definition of introversion and extroversion in that outgoingness and unsociability has little to do in determining whether you have a dominant first introverted or extroverted function. I really really hate it when people try to determine whether someone has a dominant introverted or extroverted function by using concrete or stereotypical examples for that very reason.

    In my case, I tend to focus alot and expend actual energy on comprehending what other people believe and making contrast on the good and negitive points, which is a manifestation of and . Because I also have noticed myself using some and and almost almost totally ignoring using and I say that is a good reason to believe I am an extrovert just for that reason alone.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Introverts can get lonely or bored when they are by themselves TOO MUCH as well. I'd say if an introvert is alone for an extended period of time, he may consider himself an extravert because he sees himself needing some kind of social stimulation. Same thing with extraverts needy some time alone after too much time with people. The diffrence is that extraverts seem to have more of a tolerance for being with people, while introverts have more of a tolerance for being along. But it is only relative, and the degree depends on how far to the extra- intro- verted "scale" you are.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Introverts can get lonely or bored when they are by themselves TOO MUCH as well. I'd say if an introvert is alone for an extended period of time, he may consider himself an extravert because he sees himself needing some kind of social stimulation. Same thing with extraverts needy some time alone after too much time with people. The diffrence is that extraverts seem to have more of a tolerance for being with people, while introverts have more of a tolerance for being along. But it is only relative, and the degree depends on how far to the extra- intro- verted "scale" you are.
    Exactly... Yin/Yang.
    thing.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Because I also have noticed myself using some and and almost almost totally ignoring using and I say that is a good reason to believe I am an extrovert just for that reason alone.
    Are you sure that you're not confusing Fe for Se?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    703
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Introverts can get lonely or bored when they are by themselves TOO MUCH as well. I'd say if an introvert is alone for an extended period of time, he may consider himself an extravert because he sees himself needing some kind of social stimulation. Same thing with extraverts needy some time alone after too much time with people. The diffrence is that extraverts seem to have more of a tolerance for being with people, while introverts have more of a tolerance for being along. But it is only relative, and the degree depends on how far to the extra- intro- verted "scale" you are.
    That would fit with the fact that humans are social creatures and require socialization, no matter who they are. It would also fit with the socionics premise that we're psychologically deficient and need relationships to complement what we lack.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Because I also have noticed myself using some and and almost almost totally ignoring using and I say that is a good reason to believe I am an extrovert just for that reason alone.
    Are you sure that you're not confusing Fe for Se?
    Yup ... unless using means not handling being put under pressure very well and trying to compensate by acting overly agressive.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niveK
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Introverts can get lonely or bored when they are by themselves TOO MUCH as well. I'd say if an introvert is alone for an extended period of time, he may consider himself an extravert because he sees himself needing some kind of social stimulation. Same thing with extraverts needy some time alone after too much time with people. The diffrence is that extraverts seem to have more of a tolerance for being with people, while introverts have more of a tolerance for being along. But it is only relative, and the degree depends on how far to the extra- intro- verted "scale" you are.
    That would fit with the fact that humans are social creatures and require socialization, no matter who they are. It would also fit with the socionics premise that we're psychologically deficient and need relationships to complement what we lack.
    Actually, I agree with both of these points.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    703
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So once again...

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Because I feel bad and lethargic if I am not socializing with people, and I feel really really great after I have socialized with people. I can not stand to be alone and if I am and have no one to associate with, I get super depressed.
    Does that indicate the base function is extraverted?
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niveK
    So once again...

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Because I feel bad and lethargic if I am not socializing with people, and I feel really really great after I have socialized with people. I can not stand to be alone and if I am and have no one to associate with, I get super depressed.
    Does that indicate the base function is extraverted?
    Good question, I think the the fact that there are so many varying opinions as to what type I am makes me want to consider them and might confuse me a little. I will get back with you tomorow after I have sorted through this chaotic mess of thoughts.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And I also have to contend with the fact that others may point out that I have contradicted myself, which in that case I shall admit I tend to use alot of abstract examples and may not always be concrete enough in my methods. I suppose that may be as rediculously irritating to some who may be too concrete and not abstract enough.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    And I also have to contend with the fact that others may try to cause me to contradict myself, which in that case I tend to use alot of abstract examples and may not always be concrete enough in my methods.
    Fair enough. Something was brought to my attention about socionic's order of functions.. it was a rather enlightening experience; however, it didn't change the fact that you could be Ni - Fe - Si - Te, but it did add to the mix: Ne - Ti - Se - Fi.

    So, I'll conclude my additions to this thread, and converge upon your being either INFp, or ENTp (with a leaning towards ENTp).
    thing.

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The thing is that the way model-a is structured it is impossible to make an argument that I am an INFp without making an equally viable argument that I am ENTp. Neither one of them use much and the 8th function and 4th function are together dual phobic functions. Also, I am not always very aware that I use or can use , but I am aware when I use which could mean I am ENTp on the account that is a conscious function and is an unconscious function that may not be known as a conscious skill to me.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    703
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is the test designed to notice functions that you may use but not consciously realize you use them?
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Because I also have noticed myself using some and and almost almost totally ignoring using and I say that is a good reason to believe I am an extrovert just for that reason alone.
    Are you sure that you're not confusing Fe for Se?
    Yup ... unless using means not handling being put under pressure very well and trying to compensate by acting overly agressive.
    Well...

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Gulenko: Dynamic = servant or victim/ Static = aggressor or unbound child
    Reinin: Dynamic = importance given to change / Static = importance given to the not-changing
    Lev Kamensky: Dynamic = much aroused by environmental cues / static = little aroused by environmental cues
    (BTW, the Gulenko and Reinin descriptions are bullshit, but dynamic/static do exsit)

    What I was hinting at is that you may have Fe as a creative function, which you are confusing for having some Se. Fe as a creative funciton makes you reactionary. The dynamical types all seem like "spark plugs" to me. I think that is possibly why the SiXe types in MBTI may have been confused for being Se. Of course we know, that's not true. Se has other qualities to it, but being aggressive or reactionary isn't really one of them. You can notice a lot of irrational introverts getting animated, actually. That is, if you can spark their second, judging function. Se has more to do with knowing how much pressure to apply, appealing to authority, and usually some kind of persistance (that is, unless they become lazy).

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I am not really all that disciplined and I can not stand to be put under alot of pressure. I have a fear of looking too passive and I can become overly agressive and demeaning when I must assert myself and may at times unintentionally lose control of my own strength. Sometimes I will intentionally act more agressive than I should if I get the impression that other people think I am acting passive in an attempt to prove to them that I am not a passive person. I am also sort of sensitive and defensive for really odd reasons as well if certain buttons are hit, everyone has those though.
    .. I pointed this out awhile ago, but you might have misunderstood me...


    So what I'm saying is that, yes, Fe types can act overly agressive.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  29. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niveK
    Is the test designed to notice functions that you may use but not consciously realize you use them?
    Since you asked this, I will say that one potential problem I have perceived about my typology test is between the EGO and ID block. Not everyone is consciously aware that they can use their 7th and specifically 8th functions and so people come out weak on those when they are really strong. So, the best answer I can give you is that the ID functions may show on the test as weak functions even though they are strong functions.

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Because I also have noticed myself using some and and almost almost totally ignoring using and I say that is a good reason to believe I am an extrovert just for that reason alone.
    Are you sure that you're not confusing Fe for Se?
    Yup ... unless using means not handling being put under pressure very well and trying to compensate by acting overly agressive.
    Well...

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Gulenko: Dynamic = servant or victim/ Static = aggressor or unbound child
    Reinin: Dynamic = importance given to change / Static = importance given to the not-changing
    Lev Kamensky: Dynamic = much aroused by environmental cues / static = little aroused by environmental cues
    (BTW, the Gulenko and Reinin descriptions are bullshit, but dynamic/static do exsit)

    What I was hinting at is that you may have Fe as a creative function, which you are confusing for having some Se. Fe as a creative funciton makes you reactionary. The dynamical types all seem like "spark plugs" to me. I think that is possibly why the SiXe types in MBTI may have been confused for being Se. Of course we know, that's not true. Se has other qualities to it, but being aggressive or reactionary isn't really one of them. You can notice a lot of irrational introverts getting animated, actually. That is, if you can spark their second, judging function. Se has more to do with knowing how much pressure to apply, appealing to authority, and usually some kind of persistance (that is, unless they become lazy).

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I am not really all that disciplined and I can not stand to be put under alot of pressure. I have a fear of looking too passive and I can become overly agressive and demeaning when I must assert myself and may at times unintentionally lose control of my own strength. Sometimes I will intentionally act more agressive than I should if I get the impression that other people think I am acting passive in an attempt to prove to them that I am not a passive person. I am also sort of sensitive and defensive for really odd reasons as well if certain buttons are hit, everyone has those though.
    .. I pointed this out awhile ago, but you might have misunderstood me...


    So what I'm saying is that, yes, Fe types can act overly agressive.
    The problem with this argument is that what you described is not just an problem, it has everything to do with a weak and is also manifested the same ways in ENTjs as it is in ENFjs. However, I think pointing this out actually shows a greater possibility of having an hidden agenda or a really weak ROLE function than it does actually having as a creative function. Plus, I am knowledgable enough to know when the facts are being twisted around with . I am not sure if I agree with that even though I am making considerations for it.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    The problem with this argument is that what you described is not just an problem, it has everything to do with a weak and is also manifested the same ways in ENTjs as it is in ENFjs.
    Yes, you're right, it does... but because they are both still dynamical types. That kind of animation or reactions is tied to the Extraverted Judging functions, Te and Fe. In other words, if you have concious Extraverted Judging functions, you will appear more reactionary. I don't think it's realted to Se because you can see that it is not apparent in dominant Se types.

    However, I think pointing this out actually shows a greater possibility of having an hidden agenda or a really weak ROLE function than it does actually having as a creative function.
    Well, then I'd like to hear from someone who has Se as a Role funciton.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung
    9. The Introverted Intuitive Type

    The peculiar nature of introverted intuition, when given the priority, also produces a peculiar type of man, viz. the mystical dreamer and seer on the one hand, or the fantastical crank and artist on the other. The latter might be regarded as the normal case, since there is a general tendency of this type to confine himself to the perceptive character of intuition. As a rule, the intuitive stops at perception; perception is his principal problem, and -- in the case of a productive artist-the shaping of perception. But the crank contents himself with the intuition by which he himself is shaped and determined. Intensification of intuition naturally often results in an extraordinary aloofness of the individual from tangible reality; he may even become a complete enigma to his own immediate circle. [p. 509]

    If an artist, he reveals extraordinary, remote things in his art, which in iridescent profusion embrace both the significant and the banal, the lovely and the grotesque, the whimsical and the sublime. If not an artist, he is frequently an unappreciated genius, a great man 'gone wrong', a sort of wise simpleton, a figure for 'psychological' novels.

    Although it is not altogether in the line of the introverted intuitive type to make of perception a moral problem, since a certain reinforcement of the rational functions is required for this, yet even a relatively slight differentiation of judgment would suffice to transfer intuitive perception from the purely ęsthetic into the moral sphere. A variety of this type is thus produced which differs essentially from its ęsthetic form, although none the less characteristic of the introverted intuitive. The moral problem comes into being when the intuitive tries to relate himself to his vision, when he is no longer satisfied with mere perception and its ęsthetic shaping and estimation, but confronts the question: What does this mean for me and for the world? What emerges from this vision in the way of a duty or task, either for me or for the world? The pure intuitive who represses judgment or possesses it only under the spell of perception never meets this question fundamentally, since his only problem is the How of perception. He, therefore, finds the moral problem unintelligible, even absurd, and as far as possible forbids his thoughts to dwell upon the disconcerting vision. It is different with the morally orientated intuitive. He concerns himself with the meaning of his vision; he troubles less about its further ęsthetic possibilities than about the possible moral effects which emerge from its intrinsic significance. His judgment allows him to discern, though often only darkly, that he, as a man and as a totality, is in some way inter-related with his vision, that [p. 510] it is something which cannot just be perceived but which also would fain become the life of the subject. Through this realization he feels bound to transform his vision into his own life. But, since he tends to rely exclusively upon his vision, his moral effort becomes one-sided; he makes himself and his life symbolic, adapted, it is true, to the inner and eternal meaning of events, but unadapted to the actual present-day reality. Therewith he also deprives himself of any influence upon it, because he remains unintelligible. His language is not that which is commonly spoken -- it becomes too subjective. His argument lacks convincing reason. He can only confess or pronounce. His is the 'voice of one crying in the wilderness'.

    The introverted intuitive's chief repression falls upon the sensation of the object. His unconscious is characterized by this fact. For we find in his unconscious a compensatory extraverted sensation function of an archaic character. The unconscious personality may, therefore, best be described as an extraverted sensation-type of a rather low and primitive order. Impulsiveness and unrestraint are the characters of this sensation, combined with an extraordinary dependence upon the sense impression. This latter quality is a compensation to the thin upper air of the conscious attitude, giving it a certain weight, so that complete 'sublimation' is prevented. But if, through a forced exaggeration of the conscious attitude, a complete subordination to the inner perception should develop, the unconscious becomes an opposition, giving rise to compulsive sensations whose excessive dependence upon the object is in frank conflict with the conscious attitude. The form of neurosis is a compulsion-neurosis, exhibiting symptoms that are partly hypochondriacal manifestations, partly hypersensibility of the sense organs and partly compulsive ties to definite persons or other objects. [p. 511]
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •