Thread: ESE-SEE quasi-identical relations (ESFj & ESFp)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESE-SEE quasi-identical relations (ESFj & ESFp)

Wow. This looks like a train wreck in the making. But they are both young and inexperienced, and it seems like the ESFj is unaware of the ESTp's game, he sees her as a pity case or someone who needs to be taken care of.

Any experience with this type of relation?

Possibly ESFp for the female. Definitely Se, not sure if Fi > Fe yet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd stay FAR away

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ESTp female + ESFj male

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Wow. This looks like a train wreck in the making. But they are both young and inexperienced, and it seems like the ESFj is unaware of the ESTp's game, he sees her as a pity case or someone who needs to be taken care of.

Any experience with this type of relation?

Possibly ESFp for the female. Definitely Se, not sure if Fi > Fe yet.
    not in a romantic relation. but my daughter is esfj and her dad is estp. you definitely see benefit between them. the key though is that she is young and innocent and his daughter. which i believe keeps his intentions totally pure.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AH, I put this in the wrong section of the forum. Darn

Mods, could you move this please? to intertype relations?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've changed my story, this individual seems way to concerned with other people to be ESFp. Politician comes out very easily with her, Fi manipulation indeed.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I worked in a small office with one ESTp male colleague and an ESFj female secretary.

I think on the whole she definitely enjoyed his company, far more than mine, because they'd go for the "jokey Fe mode" that Alphas and Betas enjoy. Also, she preferred to have "straight answers" and instructions, rather than explanations, obviously, preferring his Ti to my Te.

However, I think she was slightly put off when he went into overly aggressive Se rants, of the "everyone is an idiot but me -- they all prevent me from getting work done" sort.

It's worth mentioning that it was a work relationship and she was some 15 years older.

On the other hand --

On a weekend, I stopped at the office to get something, and my ESFj then-gf was with me. The ESTp was there, on the net (and, incidentally, drinking scotch). Apparently he felt the need to impress her, and my ESFj later told me, "what an asshole, he was obviously trying to make an impression on me by putting up a show and putting you down."
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The title says ESFp, and then you say ESTp in your first paragraph, and then ESFp at the bottom and talk of Se and Fi.

Are they an ESTp or ESFp?!
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    I've changed my story, this individual seems way to concerned with other people to be ESFp. Politician comes out very easily with her, Fi manipulation indeed.

That should have read ESFp when i wrote the post.

Right now I'll have to say ESFp still.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother is an ESFj, and there have been a lot of ESFps and ESTps in his life. We've observed significant differences in the relation patterns (he knows a bit about Socionics, and retains more of what he learns than I do). He has sworn off of ESFps, although there is often an initial attraction. ESFps seem attracted to his friendliness, genuine love of people (although eventually this annoys), "get things going" communication style, physical attractiveness and his sense of style. Also, like most ESFjs, he's a little quirky. He fits in but doesn't quite fit in, you know? It's hard to describe, but ESFjs all seem a little...off, in their eagerness, earnest attitudes, sense of humor, whatever. It's one of the reasons I really love them. ESFps like the quirky at first. Maybe they think 'here is someone I can boss'.

But it always goes bad with ESFps if the relationship gets far. The couple will argue A LOT. My brother has a habit of challenging everything they say that he disagrees with, and ESFps do not seem to like being challenged. Especially since he usually seems to be challenging their values and perceived self-centeredness. Also, ESFps like people who will listen to them and take their advice on how to better himself. My brother is so not that person, it's very hard for him to take the advice of an ESFp. I think the fact that both types are so involved with other people is another major problem. They're competing in a similar area, and a lot of their disagreements are going to stem from that.

On the other hand, rarely does my brother argue with ESTps. The relationship seems much more amiable. He often ends up being hurt by them, but the hurt doesn't last, since he's very forgiving of them in a way I could never, ever be no matter how hard I try. He has been close friends with male ESTps and had romantic relationships and friendships with female ESTps. My brother definitely sees them as needing him in a childlike way, but then he gets burned because they are not really infantile at all. But the two types seem to have fun together, which both value, and I've noticed the ESTps look up to him sometimes.

My brother is a great way for me to observe intertype relationships in action because he has a lot of relationships and knows a lot of people, and he loves talking about Socionics with me. He's also naturally good at identifying type, including visual identification, which I can't do. Although he doesn't seem to use anyone else's VI theory. He's just known a lot of people, and he can identify who physically mimics a bunch of other people he's already known. He was doing VI before he'd ever heard of it.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx