Thread: ESFjs and enneagram type 6

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESFjs and enneagram type 6

Could an ESFj possibly be an E-6? My husband is convinced he's a 6 (and I kind of agree) but that doesn't seem to work with ESE. I'm beginning to wonder if he could be SEE instead. hmph. I dunno anymore.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's impossibly stupid to blindly discount some socionics type based on enneagram. socionics and enneagram measure completely different motivations. any enneagram type can be any socionics type, and vice versa. you are not likely to get a whole lot of EII 8w7s, but for some people that combination probably works.

even beyond that: type 6 is probably the most socionically universal of the enneagram types. its hard to be skeptical about any type being a 6.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    it's impossibly stupid to blindly discount some socionics type based on enneagram. socionics and enneagram measure completely different motivations. any enneagram type can be any socionics type, and vice versa. you are not likely to get a whole lot of EII 8w7s, but for some people that combination probably works.

even beyond that: type 6 is probably the most socionically universal of the enneagram types. its hard to be skeptical about any type being a 6.
    yeah okay.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's impossibly stupid to blindly discount some socionics type based on enneagram. socionics and enneagram measure completely different motivations. any enneagram type can be any socionics type, and vice versa. you are not likely to get a whole lot of EII 8w7s, but for some people that combination probably works..
    Hey. Wait a second. Aren't you the one who told me I was crazy for thinking my SEI Dad could be E-4? :wink:
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no. no way I would ever have said anything like that.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right, it wasn't you! Sorry about that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    it's impossibly stupid to blindly discount some socionics type based on enneagram. socionics and enneagram measure completely different motivations. any enneagram type can be any socionics type, and vice versa. you are not likely to get a whole lot of EII 8w7s, but for some people that combination probably works..
    Hey. Wait a second. Aren't you the one who told me I was crazy for thinking my SEI Dad could be E-4? :wink:
    It was Ezra (if i remember well).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    It's was Ezra (if i remember well).
    Yes, you're right.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's an entirely plausible combination, especially 6w7. I think 6w5 is unlikely, but not to be excluded. He thinks he's 6w7, right?

In any case ESE 6s are more common than SEE 6s (the latter being mostly 7s and 3s)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Yeah, it's an entirely plausible combination, especially 6w7. I think 6w5 is unlikely, but not to be excluded. He thinks he's 6w7, right?

In any case ESE 6s are more common than SEE 6s (the latter being mostly 7s and 3s)
    Yes, that's exactly what I think he is--6w7 ESE. Okay. I'm glad you think it makes sense.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could see it. but my ESE daughter is clearly a 2.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    That is fair enough. ESE 2s are, I'd say, one of if not the most common correlation(s) there is. 2w1 perhaps EIE, 2w3 ESE. The same goes for the 3. 3w2, ESE, 3w4 EIE. LSEs are more likely to be 3w2s (both Van Damme and Schwarzenegger are 3w2 LSEs), and LIEs are more likely to be 3w4s (they care less about their appearance that 3w2s (Si PoLR)).
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    That is fair enough. ESE 2s are, I'd say, one of if not the most common correlation(s) there is. 2w1 perhaps EIE, 2w3 ESE. The same goes for the 3. 3w2, ESE, 3w4 EIE. LSEs are more likely to be 3w2s (both Van Damme and Schwarzenegger are 3w2 LSEs), and LIEs are more likely to be 3w4s (they care less about their appearance that 3w2s (Si PoLR)).
    Stereotypical, strict, not coincident with the real-world

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typically, yes. Not stereotypical though. Could you see an LIE 3w2? A 3w2 who doesn't care about their image? I couldn't.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typically, yes. Not stereotypical though. Could you see an LIE 3w2? A 3w2 who doesn't care about their image? I couldn't.
    Si PoLR doesn't mean not caring about one's own image, it means being uncertain about it, generally spekaing.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si PoLR doesn't mean not caring about one's own image, it means being uncertain about it, generally spekaing.
    What do you mean 'uncertain'?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean 'uncertain'?
    "If I wear these pants will I look awesome or a complete fool?". Weak Si has a hard time evaluating.

"If I stand in this position will I look incredible sexy or pretty lame". Weak Si has a hard time evaluating.

Perhaps something like that.

If someone says to a strong Si type "you are ugly" when they perceive they are not. They just shrug it.
    If someone says to a weak Si type "you are ugly" they have a hard time evaluating whether they are or not and might feel really insecure about their looks from there on.