0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics Test [link broken]

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were 2 choice buttons on the last question, but the 2nd one was empty. ???

I got isfp/estj (depending on the last answer)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got ENTp
    Suomea

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gave me ILE.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some tough choices there. ENTp.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got SEE.

I don't know where this came from:

They quickly recognize who is strong and who is weak, and on whom it is possible to put pressure on, and on whom it is better not to put any pressure on. They sense the weak spots of people with who they are closely familiar with. They influence the weak spots of people and change their behavior to their benefit. They do not submit to pressure that someone puts on them, which they skillfully side-step. They react roughly when their choices are limited. They give orders to those that are less firm and less confident. With those of equal strength to them, they treat them as their equal. They always find ways of attracting attention to themselves.
    ...but it describes me. As such, I'm not entirely sure that it's a good way to identify ESFps.

This:

They foresee the prospects of new ideas and projects well. They are interested in finding one unique thing after another. They quickly reject ideas that prove to be hopeless, and they turn to something new. They have varied interests. Their enthusiasm is not usually connected to their day-to-day work. They seek to gather all information they come across and innovations that are useful in solving a problem. They generate daring ideas with regards to any issue. They do not follow routines or traditions. If they are compelled to engage in a matter, they will give it a completely new twist rather than deal with it in the usual way. They can present a large number of applications for inventions and discoveries. They are persistent and expansive in propagating something they have developed, such as an idea. For them to be enthusiastic about an idea, the idea must be theirs.
    ...sucks, quite frankly. This "person" has no personality; it's like an idea generating machine. It says nothing about how they interact with people. Essentially, in terms of Socionics, this is useless.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Good at holding in their emotions. Very consistent and predictable behavior. Their actions don't depend on the changes in their surroundings. Rigid moral and practical norms. Need activities that give them emotional and physical relaxation.
    Rapid changes in mood. Can't tolerate routine and predictability. Their emotions depend on external changes, not on the inner psychological reasons. They try to get everything done at the same time. Keep switching between various activities.

<input type='submit' name='submit' value='Results />"

WTH!
    Anyone can help?

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got ESI. Guess I'm a 6w5 according to that. I'm Expat, Joy and Thunder's dual.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keeps fucking up. boo
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It gives me ILI.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah the test is fucked up on the second parts once you clicked on your first choices.

I give it about a B, because some of those descriptions were straight-out copycats of other sites. I knew what description correlated to what type the *second* I read it, and that's bad for me because I like to be shocked out of my conscious comfort zone. It was quite easy to tell what the INFp and INFj and ESTp ones were, especially. Please re-word the test to make it where I just couldn't guess so easily what type relates to what; more pleasantly surprising and harder to figure out.

You should also probably get other people to take the test for you. Do people really know their own selves more than others see them? I thought socionics was supposed to be about the inter-connectedness of all living human beings. Or something.

But that would require actually having real-life interactions where people are around you a lot and basically know the kind of person you are (ie "the real you"), which I feel that's actually a rare thing and always will be.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    "Good at holding in their emotions. Very consistent and predictable behavior. Their actions don't depend on the changes in their surroundings. Rigid moral and practical norms. Need activities that give them emotional and physical relaxation.
    Rapid changes in mood. Can't tolerate routine and predictability. Their emotions depend on external changes, not on the inner psychological reasons. They try to get everything done at the same time. Keep switching between various activities.

<input type='submit' name='submit' value='Results />"

WTH!
    Anyone can help?
    Same here.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj...

I don't like the statements, they're not differentiated enough (or are too vague) and often use exactly the same language in both options.
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see a test that isn't for someone who actually understands Socionics.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Socionics type: enfp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Socionics type: istp
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It didn't work for me.

To be honest, I don't think there were any answers that I related to 100%. Each seemed to have something that didn't quite fit.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Socionics type: isfj

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Socionics type: infj
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa that was weird! I couldn't always tell (unlike some other tests) which answer would give the expected result. But I still got INFp.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right. I got ISFj.

Anyway, I agree with Gilly on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    I don't know where this came from:

They quickly recognize who is strong and who is weak, and on whom it is possible to put pressure on, and on whom it is better not to put any pressure on. They sense the weak spots of people with who they are closely familiar with. They influence the weak spots of people and change their behavior to their benefit. They do not submit to pressure that someone puts on them, which they skillfully side-step. They react roughly when their choices are limited. They give orders to those that are less firm and less confident. With those of equal strength to them, they treat them as their equal. They always find ways of attracting attention to themselves.
    ...but it describes me. As such, I'm not entirely sure that it's a good way to identify ESFps.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Socionics type: intj

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got INTj. I don't think the test is THAT predictable (compared to other tests) - the first page asks you to choose between two descriptions of the same function (i.e. ENTj Te and ESTj Te), which is why they might seem similar - it would be fairly difficult to choose one answer just to get the type you want . I like how it forces you to actually think about which answer is more you.

But there was one bit where I had to decide between Ti and Fi that I found difficult to answer - I went with the Ti one because I found it more satisfactory overall.

For both the Ti question and the Fi question, I chose the second part - in the face off, I chose the Ti description - the bold bits are the parts I mostly agree with.

They thoroughly investigate matters in which they are engaged. They persistently gather information to completely manage a situation. They are a collector or a book-lover. They are particularly interested in reference books. They uphold a strict order and rigid system. They reject anything that is not within that system. In matters they are interested in, they check its progress. They respect subordination of people. When they deal with a matter, they do not take personal sympathy into account. They place things in strictly allocated positions.

They are able to logically and convincingly state their thoughts/ideas. They construct concepts. They precisely separate the main thing from the secondary/minor things. After developing a general system, they try to apply that system to the real world and try to make it work in practice. According to them, a system should be logically consistent within itself. They are able to easily alter the framework of a system. They prefer compact and maximally compressed information. They see the potential of systems, models and concepts; they give objective and often impartial evaluations of the potential of these systems, models and concepts. They know how to connect details of something to the whole of it.
    They observe how people reveal themselves in dialogue well. They cannot show insincere friendliness. They critically evaluate the behavior of people they come across, but they only state their opinion about them if they have greatly affected them. They sharply divide people into two categories — those that are outsiders and those that are family/friends. For them, outsiders do not seem to exist. They form strong ties with their family and friends, and feel responsibility towards them. They are accurate in their ethical evaluation of people. It is very difficult for a person to pull them away from their evaluation and to convince them of another possible evaluation. They make compromises with \"outsiders\" with difficulty. They manage/control their psychological distance with people. At first, they are reserved, and then they bring people closer to themselves. In this way, they let people know how they relate to them.

They are good at noticing the attitudes that develop between people in relationships. They know who gets along with whom, and who doesn't get along with whom. Honesty and decency mean a lot to them in personal relationships. They do not tolerate a betrayal of trust. Nevertheless, they are able to forgive their enemies if they sincerely repent. They show concern for the needs, well-being, and interests of people. They avoid making declarations or using beautiful words.