Thread: Valuing Si

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Valuing Si

Could someone (preferably a Si-valuing type) explain to me what it means to value Si, from both/either a Alpha and/or Delta viewpoint.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a long walk in the forest alone, bring along a hammock with you, string it up and lie there admiring the clouds and the breeze, then pull out a book and read for a while, then lay it down and just reflect and enjoy the setting, allowing yourself to completely lose track of time. Snack on some apples and string cheese that you brought along with you.

(that's just one variety)
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• * Being able to relax in a clean environment.
      * Enjoying good food, high quality clothes, etc.
      * Understanding/appreciating aesthetics (nature, cars... women ) .
      * Knowing how your environment affects your moods.
      * Knowing how to shape your environment to suit your tastes.
      * Knowing how to take care of the health of you or someone else; knowing when you need to go to the doctor and when you can take care of it yourself.
      * Understanding how your body works; knowing what you're capable of in terms of sports/fitness.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Take a long walk in the forest alone, bring along a hammock with you, string it up and lie there admiring the clouds and the breeze, then pull out a book and read for a while, then lay it down and just reflect and enjoy the setting, allowing yourself to completely lose track of time. Snack on some apples and string cheese that you brought along with you.

Oh this is great. Better than may of the Si representations usually given on the forum, that seems to involve some kind of hardassery in regard to food, cleaning, etc
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si people have this really great perspective. I get anxious very easily, worrying about a million and a half things that could go wrong, and I completely lack any perspective. Once I got into this huge fight with my then boss (ENTp) - I mean a really really bad fight. And we usually got along pretty well so it threw me more than it might have if we fought a lot. I left work and drove right to my husband's work, and within 20 minutes he had me calm and not upset about work anymore. I don't remember precisely what he said but I do remember how calm and relaxed he was, and that what he said was along the lines of, "Don't worry about it. It isn't a big deal."
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go through Si fits quite a bit... as expat pointed out in his test thread about what people would do when they retire.

Expat's thread here

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    To tell the truth, other than moving back home if I ever retired, I have never really thought about how I'd live my days if it ever happened.
    Here's what I can see that would make me happy though...
    I'd probably move back to my home town in Tennessee and buy a nice house right outside of town on a few acres of land, I'd probably have a dog, cat, and a couple horses. During the day I'd probably spend most of it working on something at the house, making something out of wood, working on and restoring a car.
    Si Si Si Si Si (you make me ill :wink: )

Then I'd probably go visit a friend or two just to see how they're doing. I'd go to town and sit around at the Dairy Queen eating a chicken strip basket while talking about "old times" with my friends and any family that may be left at that time. I would probably babysit any grandchildren I may have and be the one who shows them how to shoot a bb gun and go fishing with them a lot. After picking my wife up from Bingo, I'd spend my nights sitting on the porch in a rocking chair, hopefully a wife that I've been with for 20+ years.
    and maybe my kids would come over every once in a while and eat supper with us. As long as I kept myself busy and had people to care for, then I'd be happy.
    Si Si Si Si, slight hint of extroversion. Some Fe?

Most of the first answer would work, but there'd be a lot more traveling and I would have a bigger house and a nicer car/truck. I'm sure I would go on a bunch of cruises and have a few places all over the world where I could stay for a few weeks at a time. Although, if I were very wealthy, I'm pretty sure I'd own some kind of business and run it myself until the day I passed away...lol
    The same, Si extravert, Si EJ. Not clear between Alpha or Delta, ESFj or ESTj; more focus on Fe than Te overall though.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... do both Si ego types and Ni ego types spend time (correction: most of their time-->) reflecting... Only Si reflects about nature and their physical states... or physical states surrounding them??? Er...

Adding on: In Minde's thread "type the writer" there was the persistent pattern of noticing beautiful things in nature and then connecting that with spirituality... Like... 'the way the sun shines through the leaves in the forest reminds me of how God shines through my soul' or something like that... are these sorts of thoughts of an nature? Si is about reflecting on the internal states inspired by the physical external world then?

I think I'm still mulling over where becomes .

This also brings to mind Thunder's comment about why viewing it through the quadras is more helpful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick

Oh this is great. Better than may of the Si representations usually given on the forum, that seems to involve some kind of hardassery in regard to food, cleaning, etc
    The hardassery usually comes from those weak in , like us INXjs. I can't eat old food! omg!
    INTj

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Hmm... do both Si ego types and Ni ego types spend time (correction: most of their time-->) reflecting... Only Si reflects about nature and their physical states... or physical states surrounding them??? Er...
    basically, yes. nobody is saying that Ni does not spend time in reflection.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Everyone values Si, they have to, its the only way it makes sense. To say that one didn't value Si would be like saying that a person didn't notice their body at all, in a way being completely dysfunctional. INTjs are known for lacking the skill to take care of their bodies. This is due to a -Si PoLR. -Si types tend to be very hygiene sensitive people. +Si on the other hand doesn't work like that. +Si is mainly about enjoying themselves, via euphoria. If you consider yourself a person that absolutely loves food. Loves to make their body feel good, and doesn't worry about hygiene all that much, you probably value +Si. If you take close care of your hygiene, meaning washing your hands and taking baths very often. And if you are a person that wants to prevent discomfort(don't confuse it with fear of death, as +Si types tend to do that more... I'm guessing that it would have something to do with missing the wonderful sensations of the world). INTps have a -Si agenda, so they tend to be very clean, always taking gentle and careful care of their health. INTjs on the other hand miss out on that. Often an INTj will go days without taking a shower. In this sense INTjs really lack the ability to take care of their bodies.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^but, you could just as easily say everyone values Ti: they have to.... or everyone values Ne: they have to... I mean we need all 8 of them...?

ugh... deja vu.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

everyone has to value one version of a function, otherwise they would be totally incapable in all aspects of the function
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

btw, if thats a picture of you in your avatar you look a lot like an INFj.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    nobody is saying that Ni does not spend time in reflection.
    ? I didn't think anyone was. It was more that I hadn't been considering and reflection...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Everyone values Si, they have to, its the only way it makes sense. To say that one didn't value Si would be like saying that a person didn't notice their body at all, in a way being completely dysfunctional. INTjs are known for lacking the skill to take care of their bodies. This is due to a -Si PoLR. -Si types tend to be very hygiene sensitive people. +Si on the other hand doesn't work like that. +Si is mainly about enjoying themselves, via euphoria. If you consider yourself a person that absolutely loves food. Loves to make their body feel good, and doesn't worry about hygiene all that much, you probably value +Si. If you take close care of your hygiene, meaning washing your hands and taking baths very often. And if you are a person that wants to prevent discomfort(don't confuse it with fear of death, as +Si types tend to do that more... I'm guessing that it would have something to do with missing the wonderful sensations of the world). INTps have a -Si agenda, so they tend to be very clean, always taking gentle and careful care of their health. INTjs on the other hand miss out on that. Often an INTj will go days without taking a shower. In this sense INTjs really lack the ability to take care of their bodies.
    Everyone *uses* every function, but everyone does not value every function.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, my LII friend is very concerned about this.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everyone has to value one version of a function, otherwise they would be totally incapable in all aspects of the function
    Bullshit - people value a function full stop. There are no 'versions'.