TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Inspirational Story

[web:e1ab4633fd]http://www.kcfootprints.com/aboutryan.php[/web:e1ab4633fd]

I went to this page after seeing an interview he had in Life on the Rock. Open both "The Radio Man" and "Behind the Stats."

Well, this is a Delta story, but I think it can apply to many people, especially men. Makes me feel frustrated that you can have friends that don't talk to you about their personal issues. There is this stupid idea that guys shouldn't talk about their feelings because it is not manly, or if they do, that it has to be in a cold way with no emotions. Feeling type people have to deal with this when living in such a society, which sometimes lead to insecurities about their manhood: "You should be this, that, etc." Eventually you find out that it's all bullshit and that you should be what you are with confidence and that's being man enough.

If I had a friend like Mr Lefebvre who was going through this I know I could offer help. At least, support him in going against the current of societal pressures that want you to be a certain way and follow what feels right, since that's the everyday fight for me. However, people choose not to say anything and keep doing what they are doing, and that's truly when goes to waste...

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Inspirational Story

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno
    [web:ecebd4e933]http://www.kcfootprints.com/aboutryan.php[/web:ecebd4e933]

I went to this page after seeing an interview he had in Life on the Rock. Open both "The Radio Man" and "Behind the Stats."

Well, this is a Delta story, but I think it can apply to many people, especially men. Makes me feel frustrated that you can have friends that don't talk to you about their personal issues. There is this stupid idea that guys shouldn't talk about their feelings because it is not manly, or if they do, that it has to be in a cold way with no emotions. Feeling type people have to deal with this when living in such a society, which sometimes lead to insecurities about their manhood: "You should be this, that, etc." Eventually you find out that it's all bullshit and that you should be what you are with confidence and that's being man enough.

If I had a friend like Mr Lefebvre who was going through this I know I could offer help. At least, support him in going against the current of societal pressures that want you to be a certain way and follow what feels right, since that's the everyday fight for me. However, people choose not to say anything and keep doing what they are doing, and that's truly when goes to waste...
    Thank you for posting this. I've listened to Lefebvre call Royals games for as long as I can remember, but I'd never heard of his struggles. I'm very glad that he is facing them. Makes you think about your own life, doesn't it?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem. I thought that it would be useful.