Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which function do we have the least patience with?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which function do we have the least patience with?

From my observations, it's the 7th. What are your thoughts?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Which function do we have the least patience with?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    From my observations, it's the 7th. What are your thoughts?
    Do you not love the ?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you not have patience with a strong (albeit unvalued) function...

And yes, what is it with you and , Joy?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it was Peter and Fe that inspired this thread.
    SEE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loki, you can know how to do something well and still be annoyed with it. Like, say like your friend loves knitting and you know how to knit well. all day long is *knit knit* and talking about knitting, and asking you about knitting and youre like, dude I get it, you like knitting, i dont care. Maybe?

I also get annoyed with use of the 7th if it's not something im interested in, but not the most annoyed of all functions.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    loki, you can know how to do something well and still be annoyed with it. Like, say like your friend loves knitting and you know how to knit well. all day long is *knit knit* and talking about knitting, and asking you about knitting and youre like, dude I get it, you like knitting, i dont care. Maybe?

I also get annoyed with use of the 7th if it's not something im interested in, but not the most annoyed of all functions.
    I think this is useful. I think that works... I like but I think I do eventually get tired of it... I'll ponder...

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought i would answer the question .. I am probably most annoyed with use of my role function. I am something more like angry if someone is using a fucntion that devalues my valued ones (Ne and Ti, Fe).. so like, strong Se or something. But I seem to find Ni dominants very cute and interesting.

Another thought. I know an ISFj whom i thanked for "chatting up" someone she didnt know when i was away, and that seemed to really piss her off. But there is a difference between doing this and having someone else say, "oh thanks for doing it" like it was something she HAD to do (even though i didnt mean that, but i probably said that because i would feel like it should be done because its polite).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, for me role is 2nd
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

, in some cases
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3rd
    Suomea

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably introverted logic, when misused.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.. I'd have to go with which I believe to be meh role function.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, really -- probably over-the-top Fe, as in "drunk ESFj" style; excessive Si as in "why are you worried about missing that deadline? Relax, just relax, man" ; ideological Ti as in "the future of mankind depends on this, you're either blind or stupid, or a liar, if you don't agree".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

***rant warning***

I suppose maybe - I have my opinions of morality, they have their's. Why is their version any better? What right do they have to look at me like I'm a bad person? I judge other people just like the Fi people do, but somehow it irritates me when people try to shape my opinions on any issues - like how I should think of the homeless people and how I should feel bad for the less fortunate etc. Pffff... I do feel sorry for them, but I don't think they are equal. They aren't. Not equal on so many levels - like the homeless people who are not part of the society - why should I treat them like a normal part of the society. I treat them like humans and I ignore them most of the time, but I don't think they are equal, ok? Damn morals.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think it would have to be Ti or Se.

Do I also sometimes lack patience with other functions, sure. But as far as "the least patience" goes, it would have to be those two.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever Phaedrus' functions are. Seriously.

I also have no patience for people who write out huge, long discourses on socionics. That has no interest for me whatsoever.

What I do like is what Rick writes. Not to be a suck-up, he's concise, enlightening and is extremely good at getting across ideas and concepts to people like me who have no patience for people like Smilingeyes. I like his simple and effective style a lot.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se, easily. It's just so frustrating and irritating to deal with, given that I have such little aptitude for it(beyond what I've managed to squeeze out of a continual attempt to develop it.) Se also seems like it forces things upon me without the right to do so.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Se also seems like it forces things upon me without the right to do so.
    That's very interesting. Basically, Se types would have it that they and only they are making decisions about everything concerning themselves, and yet they have no regard whatsoever for the fact that others also have this basic right, on which they impede. It's the ultimate hypocricy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any function can be annoying when it's overused. it's the overuse that's annoying. so, even the functions i value can be annoying for sure. having said that, Te and Fi are prolly the most annoying to me.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    any function can be annoying when it's overused. it's the overuse that's annoying.
    Good point. But each type naturally finds certain functions more durable than others. For example, an SLE would be more resilient to overuse of Ni or Fe than an LSE would.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    any function can be annoying when it's overused. it's the overuse that's annoying.
    Good point. But each type naturally finds certain functions more durable than others. For example, an SLE would be more resilient to overuse of Ni or Fe than an LSE would.
    that's what i just fucking said.

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's what i just fucking said.
    Sorry, I don't read properly; I skip over.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaha i do that too but only when it's a monster post.

ILE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably or
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina

I suppose maybe - I have my opinions of morality, they have their's. Why is their version any better? What right do they have to look at me like I'm a bad person? I judge other people just like the Fi people do, but somehow it irritates me when people try to shape my opinions on any issues - like how I should think of the homeless people and how I should feel bad for the less fortunate etc. Pffff... I do feel sorry for them, but I don't think they are equal. They aren't. Not equal on so many levels - like the homeless people who are not part of the society - why should I treat them like a normal part of the society. I treat them like humans and I ignore them most of the time, but I don't think they are equal, ok? Damn morals.
    In what way are homeless people not equal to you Kristiina? And I also just do not understand how homeless people can be considered not part of society.

I find this post almost anti what ENFjs usually are in a way.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    excessive Si as in "why are you worried about missing that deadline? Relax, just relax, man"
    lol!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    excessive Si as in "why are you worried about missing that deadline? Relax, just relax, man"
    lol!
    yeah that was pretty funny. I actually love it when people tell me to relax. Because that gives me license to let go of my worries and laugh at myself. I love
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Se, easily. It's just so frustrating and irritating to deal with, given that I have such little aptitude for it(beyond what I've managed to squeeze out of a continual attempt to develop it.) Se also seems like it forces things upon me without the right to do so.
    I would second this thought. I'm no fan of being forced or, in the interests of treating others how I want to be treated, forcing others. People who exhibit this tendency to the point of tyranny are about the only people who I have no patience for. Se of course isn't by necessity tyrannical, but for some reason I've always perceived that as a trend. I'm probably just expressing a personal prejudice though.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    That's very interesting. Basically, Se types would have it that they and only they are making decisions about everything concerning themselves, and yet they have no regard whatsoever for the fact that others also have this basic right, on which they impede. It's the ultimate hypocricy.
    talk about it. my mom is ESTp and all she did was imposing rules on me and exerting viscious forces to make me do things that she wanted me to do at the times she wanted me to do them. anything i needed to get done that would be a project she would try to take control of and coordinate my actions as she pleased. she just wouldn't understand i did not need her involvement. and you couldn't get out without spoiling a relationship.
    Alright, maybe, just maybe, it isn't prejudice after all.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Ugh, yes. Having people tell me to relax generally has the opposite effect on me.
    discojoe asked how ISTps supervise ENTjs. Perhaps this sums it up (at least one facet of it). I think ISTps pretty much dismiss ENTjs making a big deal out of things they see as small things or "business as usual". They just ignore it. The constant "hurry, hurry, hurry, hurry" mentality of ENTjs is foreign to ISTps who generally feel like they have everything under control, are doing productive stuff every day and "can handle it" without someone stressing out about it all the time. And ENTjs probably get annoyed about an ISTp who tells them to "relax, calm down, things will take care of themselves, it will be fine" when ENTj feels like they should push more instead of relax. It is almost impossible to "hurry" or "push" an ISTp this way. They do things at their own pace trusting they can handle it and bring out a positive end result and just ignore any attempt to affect them. This would likely make any ENxj type pull their hair out in the long run. Trying to move an immovable object is really frustrating.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, seems like then we ENTjs only have to learn from ISTps.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Relax man. It's not such a big deal.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Yeah, I agree that most things in life aren't a big deal, making a big deal out of them is mostly out of fun...(ps. one of the ISTps I know is just the way you describe, another one though is pretty high strung, very fast and nervous driver...sometimes I am the one that tells him to relax because we're not going to an appointment, or to tell him he should drink less...kind of strange)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I agree that most things in life aren't a big deal, making a big deal out of them is mostly out of fun...(ps. one of the ISTps I know is just the way you describe, another one though is pretty high strung, very fast and nervous driver...sometimes I am the one that tells him to relax because we're not going to an appointment, or to tell him he should drink less...kind of strange)
    I was kind of joking btw if it wasn't obvious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure it was, just prompted me into thinking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure it was, just prompted me into thinking
    That's good

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Ugh, yes. Having people tell me to relax generally has the opposite effect on me.
    "Stop making a scene and relax. It is just one deadline. We are making good progress."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fabio, I thought you said 7s can't represent the EJ temperament.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fabio, I thought you said 7s can't represent the EJ temperament.
    I'm unsure. I might just be an outlier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast