Thread: DSM-IV

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DSM-IV

How well known is the DSM-IV(Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) in Russian(Europe too)? Very popular and common knowledge or rare? I haven't a clue and I am wondering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DSM-IV

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    How well known is the DSM-IV(Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) in Russian(Europe too)? Very popular and common knowledge or rare? I haven't a clue and I am wondering.
    The thing that I'm wondering is... hmm... it seems that you are more interested in mental disorders, are you? It is not about socionics as "science" (well, it is not a science really, but anyway..) about ordinary people, is it?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm interested in trying to contribute something semi-original if it hasn't been done, a functional analysis of disorders of the DSM-IV and it's statistics from a socionics perspective, just trying to gather some info. My favorite part of socionics is the people aspect of course, but I like the theory too(if I have understood your question..)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm interested in trying to contribute something semi-original if it hasn't been done, a functional analysis of disorders of the DSM-IV and it's statistics from a socionics perspective, just trying to gather some info. My favorite part of socionics is the people aspect of course, but I like the theory too(if I have understood your question..)
    Well, I got your idea, but, in my opinion, your "project" requiers a lot of research - do you have a base for it? I think it is not easy at all to do it, at least as I remember DSM-IV. I just cannot get an image,or maybe I'm mistaken, am I? didn't get you?

well, what I mean is that I'm not really interested being in a site where socionics and mental disorders are mixed equally as two major subjects - it just seems unhealthy *for me*. that's all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok well according to Oldham: We believed then, as now, that the disorders of personality that psychiatrists have identified can be seen as extremes along a continuum of normal, adaptive, individual personality differences.

He then identifies 14 personality types which you can find on this site. Also, the PTypes websites add the missing 2. You will notice striking simularities between the two different systems and each personality seems to fit with the other system. Therefore, I'm saying a maladapted socionics type may exhibit pathological maladaptions that you can find in the DSM-IV. I'll see if it passes a functional analysis. Its not difficult really. Its my own personal intellectual masturbation, maybe its not your thing, whatever floats your boat man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DSM-IV

At least here in Sweden the DSM-IV contents are not common knowledge (or so I think), though some of the disorders, like ADHD, are. I had never heard of the DSM-IV before I started to explore the various disorders out there. It appears that ICD-10 could be used here, but I don't know for sure.

Oh, btw: Hi, all. I'm looking forward to post some of my thoughts regarding Socionics, although (disclaimer I will probably hesitate a day or two before doing so.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know what other countries the ICD-10 is used in?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where are you finding these completely random old threads to pull up?
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    where are you finding these completely random old threads to pull up?
    3000 feet under the Earth!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Holland every psychologist has a DSM IV book on his desk.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    In Holland every psychologist has a DSM IV book on his desk.
    I have an infatuation with DSMs.