Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which temperament would you least like to be with?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default which temperament would you least like to be with?

IP for me
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EJ
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IJ
    Suomea

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EJ

they work so fucking hard and expect the same from others. bleh

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, if i like the ep temperament, that's mean that i dont consider it sees me as a ij temperament.

IJ.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow I get the feeling that this is just going to be people posting the temperament of their conflictor.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't tell for sure but I'd think IJ.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Somehow I get the feeling that this is just going to be people posting the temperament of their conflictor.
    Which might be teh point of the thread.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    well, if i like the ep temperament, that's mean that i dont consider it sees me as a ij temperament.

IJ.
    If you like? So you're basing this on the idea that you're ILI?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I was just curious, actually. After seeing a few posts though, it crossed my mind that it's the temperament of one's mirror... and that this might be useful in choosing between mirror pairs. Of course, that's premature... but it had crossed my mind. I didn't even think of the conflictor thing.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I was just curious, actually. After seeing a few posts though, it crossed my mind that it's the temperament of one's mirror... and that this might be useful in choosing between mirror pairs. Of course, that's premature... but it had crossed my mind. I didn't even think of the conflictor thing.
    Lol, ok. I thought you had figured out a new way to find your temperament and you wanted to test whether it works.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IJ.
    Im basing my idea that im ILI for my gf relationship.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IJ.
    Im basing my idea that im ILI for my gf relationship.
    you're disqualified from this thread
    SEE

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason I'm inclined to think IJ but I can't think of any reasoning why.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably any of the other two extraverted temperaments.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to focus on how our answers apply to our types though... that's actually the opposite of the idea behind this thread. Don't think, just answer. Which temperament do you think would drive you crazy in a relationship? If you have to think about your type in order to answer the question, your answer is meaningless. Go post here.
    SEE

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to focus on how our answers apply to our types though... that's actually the opposite of the idea behind this thread. Don't think, just answer. Which temperament do you think would drive you crazy in a relationship? If you have to think about your type in order to answer the question, your answer is meaningless.
    ok, i have to say something here. i dont based my opinion 'thinking' in my type. Perhaps the way i said "if i like" is not the correct. In fact, i like ep temperament and to me it was really hard to find the 'right' anwser to you question. I just use my own improved logic to answer.
    I remember the other day (time ago) answer some of this question about what temperament you like most: i said EP. So, I don't see your problem.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm I didn't think to rate the other ones.

Most to least (crazy):

IP
    EP
    EJ
    IJ

I'm not totally sure that EP would be worse than EJ. I find myself thinking about individual types, which defeats the purpose of this thread.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to focus on how our answers apply to our types though... that's actually the opposite of the idea behind this thread. Don't think, just answer. Which temperament do you think would drive you crazy in a relationship? If you have to think about your type in order to answer the question, your answer is meaningless.
    ok, i have to say something here. i dont based my opinion 'thinking' in my type. Perhaps the way i said "if i like" is not the correct. In fact, i like ep temperament and to me it was really hard to find the 'right' anwser to you question. I just use my own improved logic to answer.
    I remember the other day (time ago) answer some of this question about what temperament you like most: i said EP. So, I don't see your problem.
    Don't think, just answer. Which temperament do you think would drive you crazy in a relationship?

(It would be very unwise to assume that it's the opposite of your ideal partner's or the opposite of yours.)
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think an ENFj or ESTj would drive me insane, but not an ESFj or ENTj

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    i think it shouldn't because types with the same Xy leading would have the same temperament, so you can think of the 4 types in the temperament group.
    I would much rather be with ANY type from my own quadra than the type of my favorite temperament (for a mate, that is) from my opposing quadra.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    would you please get a new girlfriend already? or retype the one you've got?
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean? I was exclusively speaking by my experience with the abovementioned types...(that, if you notice, share the common feature of aristocracy and negativism). Even though, I get along well with ENFps and sometimes with ESTps...not really with ENTps, and 50-50 with ESFps.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it shouldn't because types with the same Xy leading would have the same temperament, so you can think of the 4 types in the temperament group.
    I would much rather be with ANY type from my own quadra than the type of my favorite temperament (for a mate, that is) from my opposing quadra.
    Do you not love us?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, my gf (ENFj) drives me crazy a lot, but I love her. I don't know what to answer Joy. Avoiding my 'logic', i guess IJ and EJ temperament are my least to be with.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean? I was exclusively speaking by my experience with the abovementioned types...(that, if you notice, share the common feature of aristocracy and negativism)
    In response to what? And why pick the EJ temperament?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never mind, no need to get into it if you'd rather just leave it at that
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean? I was exclusively speaking by my experience with the abovementioned types...(that, if you notice, share the common feature of aristocracy and negativism)
    I was just thinking out loud...I can't see myself with either EJs or EPs, I am way too extraverted to stomach another one. But if I were to choose among EJs, I would dismiss immediatly ENFjs and ESTjs. What did you think my opnion led to (I'm kind of genuinely interested b/c I didn't understand)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you not love us?

I've already learned my lesson.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just thinking out loud...I can't see myself with either EJs or EPs, I am way too extraverted to stomach another one. But if I were to choose among EJs, I would dismiss immediatly ENFjs and ESTjs. What did you think my opnion led to (I'm kind of genuinely interested b/c I didn't understand)
    never mind... I totally misunderstood you

I understand what you're talking about, btw. If I had to pick which of the extroverted types I'd most like to be with, I'd have to say SEE > LIE > ... any of the rest
    SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    EJ

Exactly right. I'm married to one!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would least like to be with an EP even though I have nothing against them in general. I always feel kind of displaced, decentered and unrelaxed around them... too much something I can't really describe.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to get on best with other irrational types... people who can be mellow, flexible, spontaneous, and not resistant to change, not try to plan everything we do before hand, or schedule it, or anything like that... so Ip and Ep are fine... I seem to conflict somewhat with Ij and Ej, because eventually problems will arise from my point of view where the Ij or Ej person might seem somewhat (or even overly) rigid or fixed (to me) when I don't want to be fixed. I'm sure they would have a similar though opposite problem with me... Also I may not be exacting enough for some people... like if people nit-pick everything I say or do, it just makes things very unbearable... I'm not sure who the nit-pickers are though... J or SJ? possible STj... I dunno. Hmm... of Ej and Ij, I think Ej might be the one I get on with the worst.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I tend to get on best with other irrational types... people who can be mellow, flexible, spontaneous, and not resistant to change, not try to plan everything we do before hand, or schedule it, or anything like that... so Ip and Ep are fine... I seem to conflict somewhat with Ij and Ej, because eventually problems will arise in that from my point of view they might seem somewhat rigid or fixed (to me) when I don't want to be fixed. I'm sure they would have a similar though opposite problem with me... Also I may not be exacting enough for some people... like if people nit-pick everything I say or do, it just makes things very unbearable... I'm not sure who the nit-pickers are though... J or SJ? possible STj... I dunno. Hmm... of Ej and Ij, I think Ej might be the one I get on with the worst.
    Same here. Worst for me would probably be IJ or EXTj It does depend on the individual. My ESFj husband is nit-picky about some things (like keeping the counter tops clean) but generally goes with the flow pretty well.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to get on best with other irrational types... people who can be mellow, flexible, spontaneous, and not resistant to change, not try to plan everything we do before hand, or schedule it, or anything like that... so Ip and Ep are fine... I seem to conflict somewhat with Ij and Ej, because eventually problems will arise from my point of view where the Ij or Ej person might seem somewhat (or even overly) rigid or fixed (to me) when I don't want to be fixed.
    This is exactly how I see it too. There is ALWAYS at least an ever-present modicum of discomfort for me with any "J" type, even acquaintances and friends. I can't imagine being in a very close relationship with them. I'd always feel like they were ready to criticize me.

Although I do have an ENFj friend who I'm quite close with, I've imagined that he'd get really frustrated with me in an intimate relationship. (He's married, so it's really not an issue).
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    I tend to get on best with other irrational types... people who can be mellow, flexible, spontaneous, and not resistant to change, not try to plan everything we do before hand, or schedule it, or anything like that... so Ip and Ep are fine... I seem to conflict somewhat with Ij and Ej, because eventually problems will arise from my point of view where the Ij or Ej person might seem somewhat (or even overly) rigid or fixed (to me) when I don't want to be fixed.
    This is exactly how I see it too. There is ALWAYS at least an ever-present modicum of discomfort for me with any "J" type, even acquaintances and friends. I can't imagine being in a very close relationship with them. I'd always feel like they were ready to criticize me.
    Maybe not if you were the supervisor I think that things aren't quite so black and white in a real relationship. It really does depend on the individuals involved. I only feel criticized in one area of our marriage and that's how messy I let the house get. I sometimes criticize his emotional over-expressiveness (mostly when he's angry) but otherwise there is very little criticism. I think that for me, an Ij type would be worse because they would tend to keep their negative thoughts inside that could fester. I am a bit nervous sometimes around other introverts because you can't always tell what they are thinking and they don't always share it. I think that can lead to misunderstandings, especially in a close relationship. Even in a good friendship. I have an ISFp friend and we've had some misunderstandings because of this although because there's a lot of good will, we are able to resolve things fairly quickly and get over it. Still, I think it might be hard in an intimate relationship and even harder with an IJ. But I could be wrong.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the benefits of all:

IP: great chillers, very laidback. Take life as it is, and enjoy it for what it is. In touch with themselves, whatever that may be.
    EP: flexible, 'out-there' and good on their feet.
    EJ: they just keep going and going and going. Perfect for getting things done.
    IJ: systematic and orderly; they care about that which keeps the ordered parts of the world in order.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EJ - especially when they talk down to you

Some EJs I have known IRL like to explain simple stuff to me in detail to the extent that I feel like an idiot. They like to assume that I don't know much and thought that they are doing a favour for me by explaining about obvious matters which needs no explanation at all.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    EJ

Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast