Thread: i imagine there are more than 8 functions in light of

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default i imagine there are more than 8 functions in light of ...

..Reinin dichotomies.

Classical Socionics is only based on 4 dichotomies, which gives rise to 8 functions. There are now 15 dichotomies.

Does that mean there are more than 8 functions? (Maybe there could be functions called Negativist Feeling and Positivist Feeling, and many other!) There could possibly be more than 100 functions!!

Does that mean Model A is now out of date?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: i imagine there are more than 8 functions in light of ..

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    Take Static vs Dynamic. It actually means Ep or Ij
    I personally don't think it means that .. it just happens to mean that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Classical Socionics is only based on 4 dichotomies, which gives rise to 8 functions."

The dichotomies seemed to be based on the functions, not vice versa.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    "Classical Socionics is only based on 4 dichotomies, which gives rise to 8 functions."

The dichotomies seemed to be based on the functions, not vice versa.
    Yes maybe, but it's kind of like reverse engineering.
    The dichotomies are smaller units than functions. Functions are combinations of dichotomies.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    if you say there are more than 8 functions then the whole "classical socionics" goes to the bin. i don't mind seeing a realistic one if it actually is crap with a hundred functions if you like, but judging on how you actually see the model working as it should in real life i doubt that will happen.
    What I would say is that rather than dismiss Model A, there should be other models built based on the other possible functions (outside the famous 8), and then all the models can be combined. Perhaps even, Model A can be used as a format to accommodate the new functions .. so in total we will have lots of Model As with different types of functions, and a more all rounded Socionics theory.