...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vangelis

By his music alone, I'd guess EIE. I personally don't like his non-soundtrack music, as I find it pretentious and boring. But his soundtracks (Blade Runner, Alexander, 1492: Conquest of Paradise) I find to be fucking amazing. They're full of loud, exciting and operatic tunes.

However, if you look and listen to him, he doesn't sound or look like a Beta at all. In fact, he seems more a) Gamma, b) LIE and c) uncannily like Expat, especially when you watch the video. Si PoLR is blatent to me (check out his hair).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd6a8cFP-WU[/youtube]
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's EII. Seems stoic. Reminds me of Marcus Aurelius.

By the way, notice from the interview why he dislikes being interviewed: they try to impose stereotypes on him, ask stupid questions and not listen carefuly to what he's saying.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

A sensory type.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    A sensory type.
    Because...?
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Because...?
    Se type because "they impose certain things on him" and he refuses to let that in if he doesn't want to; is willful. Therefore less likely to be convinced if not wanting to be or if it's not a part of that person's logic about what he wants to be like. His music is very sensorally grabbing "loud, and exciting" Fi music is more melancholic, down, somber, emotionally inverting and reflective. He speaks about what one "sees around them" hears etc. Stairs directly at the interviewer, doesn't search for his thoughts and words, even when he is translating his thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think just because he aims to be forceful doesn't necessitate him to be Se in the ego. Gamma rationals are known as semi-aggressor types and tend to only allow control by those they would deem worthy of such a thing...or might unconsciously allow a Gamma SF to do so, but that still wouldn't then inform their perception of self as much of a victim. In general he seems to be a j type using intuition as his creative function to construct melodies which relate to particular projects he's interested in. I think LIE-Ni fits best for him.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that interview was awesome... I can just picture them being like "ok we're going to interview Vangelis--he's kind of prickly--I know! let's get the nicest guy we have to interview him--queue ESE" lol bad choice

you could see him try to get his intuitions across and the interviewer try to pin him down to maximum concretion, and then when he would resist, ESE would up the "positive" Se and Fe pressure