Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Mother Son duality

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Mother Son duality

    This is something I've been wondering about for awhile. I was born and raised an only child and I can't help but wonder that the primary reason that I'm an LII is because my mother is an ESE. I remember that up until about 5 years ago, I used to be very close to her as far as platonic parent/child relationships go and in most cases a child is closest to the parent of the opposite sex. They also say that people are attracted to other people with personality traits similar to their parent, thus, why I'm attracted to ESEs. Does anybody have anything that they want to add to expand on this topic? Does anybody think this has anything to do with anything?
    Male INTJ

  2. #2
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, go read some Freud :wink:
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unfortunately, there isn't much of a coke scene around here. It's a college town. But I might be able to get my hands on some shrooms or acid. Then again I suppose I could just resort to the hammer ritual again...

    Freud...Isn't that the guy who said that the all human actions revolve around the penis?
    Male INTJ

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    very
    Male INTJ

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what makes you think I'm an INFP?
    Male INTJ

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood
    well...first I find myself a hammer. A good one too, not one those wimpy little tiny hammers with a smooth head. I like the waffle heads better because I think they leave a cool looking pattern. Then I find myself a nailgun and an air compressor. I fire up the air compressor, wait for it to fill, then when I'm good and ready after taking a few shots of tequila, I lay my arm gently onto a firmly affixed and sturdy countertop. I pick up the nail gun and grip it tightly and then I slam the nail gun up against my forearm and drive like five nails into there, and at this point I'm screaming in pain and, "oh god!! there's blood all over the place!!! it hurts so much...!" But I'm not done yet, the ritual is not yet complete! It's at this point that I take my hammer and I start slamming it into my left hand pinky over and over again!!! My arm tries to get away but it can't because it's nailed down!!! I keep hitting it right between the two knuckles of that finger, otherwise the emotional purging won't work!!! Finally, after many strikes with the hammer and my finger is a deep shade of purple and black either from the hammer or from blood loss,(probably mostly the hammer I've done this before without the nails) I use the cat's claw to pull out the nails. I bandage my wounds with paper towels, mayonnaise and rubber bands. I lay down on the kitchen floor and keep drinking tequila until I fall asleep.
    Male INTJ

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ouch. I guess productive discussion revolving around why I originally started this thread is out of the question then, huh? From the looks of things it seems that most of the thought provoking threads around here get derailed prematurely. I think I'll look elsewhere for information that doesn't turn out to be crap that makes my IQ drop because people would rather get their shits and giggles than assist someone with learning more by providing additional insight and in return gaining new insight through discussion.
    Male INTJ

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The hammer ritual thing was a very dark joke from an earlier post, I'm sorry if you misinterpreted it, I thought you would have picked up on the humor. Thanks for the information on the anima but I've already the wikipedia article before, I was just wondering if anyone had anymore to add that I didn't already know. I might read up more on Freud's work, but I think I might have to sift through more crap than I care for as most of what I've read by him doesn't make sense to me.
    Male INTJ

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,101
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood
    Ouch. I guess productive discussion revolving around why I originally started this thread is out of the question then, huh? From the looks of things it seems that most of the thought provoking threads around here get derailed prematurely. I think I'll look elsewhere for information that doesn't turn out to be crap that makes my IQ drop because people would rather get their shits and giggles than assist someone with learning more by providing additional insight and in return gaining new insight through discussion.
    you derailed it just as much as anyone else... this leads to others thinking you are not a person with a stick up your ass... allowing them to keep on with the derailing... then you make a post like this and prove that you may very well have the proverbial stick up your ass.
    So, if you'd rather keep it all business in your own thread, I'd suggest not adding more material to keep on with a derailing. :wink:


    As for this,
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood
    This is something I've been wondering about for awhile. I was born and raised an only child and I can't help but wonder that the primary reason that I'm an LII is because my mother is an ESE. I remember that up until about 5 years ago, I used to be very close to her as far as platonic parent/child relationships go and in most cases a child is closest to the parent of the opposite sex. They also say that people are attracted to other people with personality traits similar to their parent, thus, why I'm attracted to ESEs. Does anybody have anything that they want to add to expand on this topic? Does anybody think this has anything to do with anything?
    I really don't have anything to add or say about it.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    you derailed it just as much as anyone else... this leads to others thinking you are not a person with a stick up your ass... allowing them to keep on with the derailing... then you make a post like this and prove that you may very well have the proverbial stick up your ass. So, if you'd rather keep it all business in your own thread, I'd suggest not adding more material to keep on with a derailing. :wink:
    You're right...

    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    on Freud, i found his major text online: "Three Essays on the Theory of Sexuality". (or something like that, depending on the translation.) i have one of the more recent commercial print versions myself - it's a small softcover, about 100 pages in length, nothing too long. it'll still take some time to "sift through" but in addition to possibly giving you ideas about your question, it's a pretty important book in general, in terms of its influence on the development of subjects ranging from modern psychology to interpreting literature.

    http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/14969
    Thanks for the additional info
    Male INTJ

  11. #11
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [quote="Elwood"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood
    well...first I find myself a hammer. A good one too, not one those wimpy little tiny hammers with a smooth head. I like the waffle heads better because I think they leave a cool looking pattern. Then I find myself a nailgun and an air compressor. I fire up the air compressor, wait for it to fill, then when I'm good and ready after taking a few shots of tequila, I lay my arm gently onto a firmly affixed and sturdy countertop. I pick up the nail gun and grip it tightly and then I slam the nail gun up against my forearm and drive like five nails into there, and at this point I'm screaming in pain and, "oh god!! there's blood all over the place!!! it hurts so much...!" But I'm not done yet, the ritual is not yet complete! It's at this point that I take my hammer and I start slamming it into my left hand pinky over and over again!!! My arm tries to get away but it can't because it's nailed down!!! I keep hitting it right between the two knuckles of that finger, otherwise the emotional purging won't work!!! Finally, after many strikes with the hammer and my finger is a deep shade of purple and black either from the hammer or from blood loss,(probably mostly the hammer I've done this before without the nails) I use the cat's claw to pull out the nails. I bandage my wounds with paper towels, mayonnaise and rubber bands. I lay down on the kitchen floor and keep drinking tequila until I fall asleep.
    LMFAO! that's awesome!
    INFp-Ni

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •