Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 61

Thread: Rank how you value the functions?

  1. #1
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Rank how you value the functions?

    In Yourself:

    Ti-2nd Function
    Fe-6th Function
    Te-8th Function
    Ne-1st Function
    Se-3rd Function
    Si- 5th Function
    Ni- 7th Function
    Fi- 4th Function

    In Others:

    Fe
    Ne
    Si
    Ti
    Fi
    Te
    Se
    Ni

    Combining these I get:

    Fe
    Ti
    Ne
    Si/Te Tie
    Se
    Fi
    Ni
    Suomea

  2. #2
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    overall:

    Fi
    Ni
    Te
    Se
    Ne
    Ti
    Si
    Fe

    (It was tough to rank the top 4, btw.)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  3. #3
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In others:

    Fi
    Se
    Te
    Ni
    Ne
    Si
    Ti
    Fe
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  4. #4

    Default

    Te
    Ni
    Ne
    Ti
    Se
    Si
    Fi
    Fe
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In myself:

    Ni
    Te
    Fi/Se (can't pick)
    Ti/Fe (can't pick)
    Ne
    Si

    It was tough to rank the top two.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You do realize that the following appear quite Se, right? (More specifically, Se + Ti.)

    Quote Originally Posted by WARLORD
    What is best in life?

    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    You do realize that the following appear quite Se, right? (More specifically, Se + Ti.)

    Quote Originally Posted by WARLORD
    What is best in life?

    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    It's just a sig and an avatar.

    The sig sure, but no. But it can be intrepreted as too, as it's mostly an abstract statement, rather the person describing what he will actually do. The person is rather in command than the person doing the deeds.

    The avatar is more and .

    And testosteron levels aren't type related
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  8. #8
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    You do realize that the following appear quite Se, right? (More specifically, Se + Ti.)

    Quote Originally Posted by WARLORD
    What is best in life?

    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    It's just a sig and an avatar.

    The sig sure, but no. But it can be intrepreted as too, as it's mostly an abstract statement, rather the person describing what he will actually do. The person is rather in command than the person doing the deeds.

    The avatar is more and .
    It's not so much that I see Ti... more so a lack of Fi.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how does one rate the functions by order of preference (at least for your own quadra)? you can't have any of your quadra functions without the others.

  10. #10
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    how does one rate the functions by order of preference (at least for your own quadra)? you can't have any of your quadra functions without the others.
    I was thinking that, too. That's why they were so hard to rank. I see Te and Fi as two sides of the same coin. Same with Ni and Se.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  11. #11
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    It's not so much that I see Ti... more so a lack of Fi.
    Why is it more lacking in Fi than Fe? I thought it was more lacking in Fe.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    It's not so much that I see Ti... more so a lack of Fi.
    Well it's lack , but even more so devaluing . As he sees people who express their grief worthless.

    If it really was a "beta quadra"-stament, it would more likely have something about ravaging the women.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  13. #13
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Overall:

    Fe
    Si
    Ti
    Ne
    Te
    Se
    Fi
    Ni

    In others:

    Fe
    Si
    Ne
    Ti
    Ni
    Fi
    Te
    Se
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Overall:

    Ti
    Se
    Ne
    Fe
    Ni
    Fi
    Te
    Si


    In others:

    Fe
    Ni
    Se
    Ti
    Si
    Fi
    Te
    Ne
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

    "Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

  15. #15
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    You do realize that the following appear quite Se, right? (More specifically, Se + Ti.)

    Quote Originally Posted by WARLORD
    What is best in life?

    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    It's just a sig and an avatar.

    The sig sure, but no. But it can be intrepreted as too, as it's mostly an abstract statement, rather the person describing what he will actually do. The person is rather in command than the person doing the deeds.

    The avatar is more and .
    It's not so much that I see Ti... more so a lack of Fi.
    It's a signature Do you remember when I put as avatar a teddy bear? Did it mean I was a Fi valuing type back then?

    Personally I don't have a clue on what I value. I'm not even sure my understanding of the functions is completely correct, and if it isn't absolutely correct, I can't make a list.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  16. #16
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Overall:

    Fi
    Se
    Te
    Ni
    Fe
    Si
    Ne
    Ti


    In others:

    Te
    Ni
    Fi
    Si
    Se
    Fe
    Ti
    Ne
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just because something is "emotion" doesn't make it automatically Fe. Any type would grieve over the death of a loved one. Saying that you enjoy making people lose a loved one, however, I would definitely say is lack of valuing Fi. It may also show weak Fe (depending on the person), but it's still Ti/Fe > Fi/Te. Of course, you're free to disagree... This may make an interesting topic. Perhaps I should post one. Later.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In me:

    Te
    Se
    Si
    Ti
    Fi
    Ne
    Ni
    Fe

    In others:

    Te
    Fi
    Si
    Ni
    Fe
    Ne
    Ti
    Se
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  19. #19
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you've got to be kidding me
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  20. #20
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Just because something is "emotion" doesn't make it automatically Fe. Any type would grieve over the death of a loved one. Saying that you enjoy making people grieve over the death of a loved one, however, I would definitely say is lack of valuing Fi. It may also show weak Fe (depending on the person), but it's still Ti/Fe > Fi/Te. Of course, you're free to disagree... This may make an interesting topic. Perhaps I should post one. Later.
    But like. Nobody likes to make people grieve over others death, unless he's a sociopath, irregardless of functional preference. If somebody puts some random sentence on a forum that doesn't mean he's seriously speaking about what he likes to do in the real world or I devalue Si because I shove my hands up my ass to clean them? C'mon I mean, please take into consideration that you're saying that Fe types are more likely to be killers and criminals than Fi types you can't seriously believe it
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  21. #21
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    you've got to be kidding me
    Stop being so overly dramatic, Joy. That's all I get from you; dramatism. You're clearly not Gamma - no Gamma is as dramatic as you are. And what kind of 8w7 experiences doubt and hesitation frequently and needs to be pushed in the direction they've chosen?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  22. #22
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, I don't believe that. I never said that certain types are more likely than others to make people lose loved ones. I was speaking of saying that you enjoy making people lose loved ones and their subsequent grief (that it's "the best in life" even) is more likely a weak, unvalued Fi thing than a a weak, unvalued Fe thing. Keep in mind that we're talking about Fi/Ti + Se here.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  23. #23
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    you've got to be kidding me
    Stop being so overly dramatic, Joy. That's all I get from you; dramatism. You're clearly not Gamma - no Gamma is as dramatic as you are. And what kind of 8w7 experiences doubt and hesitation frequently and needs to be pushed in the direction they've chosen?
    Now you're just trying to start an argument. You know damn well that I disagree that LIE's "experience doubt and hesitation frequently and need to be pushed in the direction they've chosen". (And it's not even in the wiki anymore.) I hate to disappoint, but I can't discuss this with you any further right now as I have to get ready for and go on an inspection now.

    And if you don't think I'm Gamma, what quadra are you suggesting? I'm very clearly Gamma, no matter how I express disagreement with you. I wouldn't call what I said drama, btw. If we were talking irl I would have raised my eyebrows and chuckled, possibly shaking my head in disbelief. I wouldn't exactly call that dramatic emotional expression.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  24. #24
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    No, I don't believe that. I never said that certain types are more likely than others to make people lose loved ones. I was speaking of saying that you enjoy making people lose loved ones and their subsequent grief (that it's "the best in life" even) is more likely a weak, unvalued Fi thing than a a weak, unvalued Fe thing. Keep in mind that we're talking about Fi/Ti + Se here.
    Look. Do you think Warlord is serious? Do you think all the metalheads that write that kind of stuff are serious? You never said that, but your stance implied what I said, logically. I know it's not your method to check for logical consistency of your claims, but hey...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  25. #25
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    No, I don't believe that. I never said that certain types are more likely than others to make people lose loved ones. I was speaking of saying that you enjoy making people lose loved ones and their subsequent grief (that it's "the best in life" even) is more likely a weak, unvalued Fi thing than a a weak, unvalued Fe thing. Keep in mind that we're talking about Fi/Ti + Se here.
    Look. Do you think Warlord is serious? Do you think all the metalheads that write that kind of stuff are serious? You never said that, but your stance implied what I said, logically. I know it's not your method to check for logical consistency of your claims, but hey...
    It's not about whether or not he means it. It's about the fact that he felt inclined to say it at all. And I'm not trying to say he definitely is or isn't a particular type... just that his avatar and sig much more closely match something a SLE/LSI would be attracted to than something an ILI would be attracted to.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  26. #26
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Now you're just trying to start an argument. You know damn well that I disagree that LIE's "experience doubt and hesitation frequently and need to be pushed in the direction they've chosen". (And it's not even in the wiki anymore.)
    Then you fail to understand Se HA. It is weak, you cannot deny that. Yes, you value it if you are LIE, but it will never be as strong in you as it is in an 8 (especially an 8w7) or an SLE, LSI, LSE or ESE. 8s must have strong Se by definition; preferably in the Ego, and if not, necessarily in the Id. SLEs and LSIs are the most likely candidates for 8s. 8w7s technically can only be SLEs, because both their behaviour and functional ordering matches. Perhaps female 8w7s can be ESEs; I don't know. 8w9s can be LSIs and LSEs.

    I'm very clearly Gamma
    To you, yes. To me, no. I'm not suggesting a quadra.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  27. #27
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    You know damn well that I disagree that LIE's "experience doubt and hesitation frequently and need to be pushed in the direction they've chosen". (And it's not even in the wiki anymore.) I hate to disappoint, but I can't discuss this with you any further right now as I have to get ready for and go on an inspection now.
    This discussion is silly imo.

    The present quote in the wiki is thus:

    LIEs actively pursue their external goals, to the sacrifice of their immediate considerations of comfort, but regularly experience periods of hesitation where they need prodding, a strong push, or forceful support from others to continue onward in the direction they have chosen
    The phrasing can be improved - suggestions will be welcomed - but what this actually means is the LIE who knows something has to be done, and why, and will do it, but gets on occasion too caught on Ni and needs a Se push from the ESI, as in "shouldn't you do it now?" and the LIE, "yeah I should, you're right" (and really agreeing and wanting to do it).

    That's all it means, and that's why the LIE has Se in the super-id. Perhaps instead of "hesitation" we can say "procrastination".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  28. #28
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    No, I don't believe that. I never said that certain types are more likely than others to make people lose loved ones. I was speaking of saying that you enjoy making people lose loved ones and their subsequent grief (that it's "the best in life" even) is more likely a weak, unvalued Fi thing than a a weak, unvalued Fe thing. Keep in mind that we're talking about Fi/Ti + Se here.
    Look. Do you think Warlord is serious? Do you think all the metalheads that write that kind of stuff are serious? You never said that, but your stance implied what I said, logically. I know it's not your method to check for logical consistency of your claims, but hey...
    It's not about whether or not he means it. It's about the fact that he felt inclined to say it at all. And I'm not trying to say he definitely is or isn't a particular type... just that his avatar and sig much more closely match something a SLE/LSI would be attracted to than something an ILI would be attracted to.


    Ever been in a group of metallers/death metallers/etc etc? Most of them are ST's and NF's of both quadras...I mean, I would only like you to speak with experience of what you talk about instead of talking out of your ass. Do I ask for much? I even know an ISFj that likes to wear leather jackets and boots and listen to hard metal that talks about brutalizing girls, not to mention that dj often jokes about that stuff on the forum (and it's very recognizable that he's joking)...basically with this you're contradicting so much stuff that it's hard to take you seriously.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  29. #29
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    No, I don't believe that. I never said that certain types are more likely than others to make people lose loved ones. I was speaking of saying that you enjoy making people lose loved ones and their subsequent grief (that it's "the best in life" even) is more likely a weak, unvalued Fi thing than a a weak, unvalued Fe thing. Keep in mind that we're talking about Fi/Ti + Se here.
    Look. Do you think Warlord is serious? Do you think all the metalheads that write that kind of stuff are serious? You never said that, but your stance implied what I said, logically. I know it's not your method to check for logical consistency of your claims, but hey...
    It's not about whether or not he means it. It's about the fact that he felt inclined to say it at all. And I'm not trying to say he definitely is or isn't a particular type... just that his avatar and sig much more closely match something a SLE/LSI would be attracted to than something an ILI would be attracted to.
    OH MY FUCKING GOD. You understand Betas for shit. That little avatar thing he's got is shit. Conan the fucking Barbarian? Come off it. I would never have that as my avatar.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  30. #30
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    No, I don't believe that. I never said that certain types are more likely than others to make people lose loved ones. I was speaking of saying that you enjoy making people lose loved ones and their subsequent grief (that it's "the best in life" even) is more likely a weak, unvalued Fi thing than a a weak, unvalued Fe thing. Keep in mind that we're talking about Fi/Ti + Se here.
    Look. Do you think Warlord is serious? Do you think all the metalheads that write that kind of stuff are serious? You never said that, but your stance implied what I said, logically. I know it's not your method to check for logical consistency of your claims, but hey...
    It's not about whether or not he means it. It's about the fact that he felt inclined to say it at all. And I'm not trying to say he definitely is or isn't a particular type... just that his avatar and sig much more closely match something a SLE/LSI would be attracted to than something an ILI would be attracted to.


    Ever been in a group of metallers/death metallers/etc etc? Most of them are ST's and NF's of both quadras...I mean, I would only like you to speak with experience of what you talk about instead of talking out of your ass. Do I ask for much?
    They may be dark and listen to aggressive music, but do all of them hold such an interest in the TYPE of aggression depicted in that avatar? Don't bother answering. I think it's time to agree to disagree.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  31. #31
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    No, I don't believe that. I never said that certain types are more likely than others to make people lose loved ones. I was speaking of saying that you enjoy making people lose loved ones and their subsequent grief (that it's "the best in life" even) is more likely a weak, unvalued Fi thing than a a weak, unvalued Fe thing. Keep in mind that we're talking about Fi/Ti + Se here.
    Look. Do you think Warlord is serious? Do you think all the metalheads that write that kind of stuff are serious? You never said that, but your stance implied what I said, logically. I know it's not your method to check for logical consistency of your claims, but hey...
    It's not about whether or not he means it. It's about the fact that he felt inclined to say it at all. And I'm not trying to say he definitely is or isn't a particular type... just that his avatar and sig much more closely match something a SLE/LSI would be attracted to than something an ILI would be attracted to.


    Ever been in a group of metallers/death metallers/etc etc? Most of them are ST's and NF's of both quadras...I mean, I would only like you to speak with experience of what you talk about instead of talking out of your ass. Do I ask for much?
    They may be dark and listen to aggressive music, but do all of them hold such an interest in the TYPE of aggression depicted in that avatar? Don't bother answering. I think it's time to agree to disagree.
    Don't tell me what to do.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  32. #32
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Now you're just trying to start an argument. You know damn well that I disagree that LIE's "experience doubt and hesitation frequently and need to be pushed in the direction they've chosen". (And it's not even in the wiki anymore.)
    Then you fail to understand Se HA. It is weak, you cannot deny that. Yes, you value it if you are LIE, but it will never be as strong in you as it is in an 8 (especially an 8w7) or an SLE, LSI, LSE or ESE. 8s must have strong Se by definition; preferably in the Ego, and if not, necessarily in the Id. SLEs and LSIs are the most likely candidates for 8s. 8w7s technically can only be SLEs, because both their behaviour and functional ordering matches. Perhaps female 8w7s can be ESEs; I don't know. 8w9s can be LSIs and LSEs.

    I'm very clearly Gamma
    To you, yes. To me, no. I'm not suggesting a quadra.
    I refuse to argue this with you as it will go nowhere, and even if it does you will inevitably forget this discussion entirely and go back to saying the same stupid shit about how Si types can be 8's and intuitive types can't. I'll just state the following and then leave it at that.

    Does this sound more like an 8?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    This thread is intended to... clear up certain misconceptions that some people seem to have about how a Se Hidden Agenda manifests itself.

    Here's what I have so far:

    - Desire to be independent or financially free.
    - Tendency to be too confident or overly optimistic at times, thinking they will be able to put more effort into a project than they actually can, or underestimating the amount of effort that it will require to complete an objective.
    - Needing a push to complete smaller tasks, or things they see as being tedious. ENTjs are great strategists, but need help with managing day to day tasks which they don't have the patience for or interest in. ENTjs are very certain that things will work out as they want them to in the long term, but sometimes need to be reminded that they have to take care of the smaller steps in order to get there, and that they should hurry up in doing so.
    - Sometimes ENTjs can use the momentum of their initial enthusiasm to carry them through to reaching their goals, but without a Se creative type there to help them be realistic about the amount of energy they should be putting into a project, they push themselves too hard and then end up crashing afterwards. (Se creative types are good at "budgeting" energy expenditure.)
    - Respecting people who are strong and capable of taking decisive action (provided they don't violate Fi), and being energized by such people. Having admiration for people who make difficult things look easy.
    The things it says about thinking they can put forth more effort than they can doesn't mean that they appear or are weak/hesitant/doubtful, btw, or that they don't accomplish their goals. On the contrary, they put forth far more energy/effort towards their goals than most people do (that's the problem ). They also accomplish larger goals than most people do.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  33. #33
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's called rhetoric, Joy.

    You can't deny that LIEs have weak motivation, and ESIs are those that provide it for them. LIEs don't have strong Se; 8s do. Face the facts.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  34. #34
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    That's called rhetoric, Joy.

    You can't deny that LIEs have weak motivation, and ESIs are those that provide it for them. LIEs don't have strong Se; 8s do. Face the facts.
    Oh c'mon, why this absolutistic stance? LIEs can totally be motivated, the doubts and hesistations are episodic, not ever-present!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  35. #35
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    That's called rhetoric, Joy.

    You can't deny that LIEs have weak motivation, and ESIs are those that provide it for them. LIEs don't have strong Se; 8s do. Face the facts.
    Oh c'mon, why this absolutistic stance? LIEs can totally be motivated, the doubts and hesistations are episodic, not ever-present!
    But basically, they are frequent. Of course 8s experience doubt and hesitation, but this is so rare it's not even worth mentioning. For LIEs, on the other hand, this kind of thing is worth mentioning in that they're somewhat inept in dealing with Se-matters. This is in direct conflict with the 8, who is a master of Se, regardless of wing and variant.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  36. #36
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    That's called rhetoric, Joy.

    You can't deny that LIEs have weak motivation, and ESIs are those that provide it for them. LIEs don't have strong Se; 8s do. Face the facts.
    Oh c'mon, why this absolutistic stance? LIEs can totally be motivated, the doubts and hesistations are episodic, not ever-present!
    But basically, they are frequent. Of course 8s experience doubt and hesitation, but this is so rare it's not even worth mentioning. For LIEs, on the other hand, this kind of thing is worth mentioning in that they're somewhat inept in dealing with Se-matters. This is in direct conflict with the 8, who is a master of Se, regardless of wing and variant.
    Episodic does not mean frequent. We have to define a time frame, otherwise we can't come to a conclusion on the matter. Have you observed empirically frequent moments of doubts in LIEs? Or occasional? Moreover, can't disintegration to 5 explain these episodes?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  37. #37
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wait, when did Super-Id Se become a correlating factor between Socionics types and Enneagram type 8?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  38. #38

    Default

    Hehe how I ended up with the avatar and sig was just a series of random associations. It could have been anything.

    But if it provokes some thought, all the better.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  39. #39
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Hehe how I ended up with the avatar and sig was just a series of random associations. It could have been anything.

    But if it provokes some thought, all the better.
    I can certainly accept that, but what about your screen name?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  40. #40
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    That's called rhetoric, Joy.

    You can't deny that LIEs have weak motivation, and ESIs are those that provide it for them. LIEs don't have strong Se; 8s do. Face the facts.
    Oh c'mon, why this absolutistic stance? LIEs can totally be motivated, the doubts and hesistations are episodic, not ever-present!
    But basically, they are frequent. Of course 8s experience doubt and hesitation, but this is so rare it's not even worth mentioning. For LIEs, on the other hand, this kind of thing is worth mentioning in that they're somewhat inept in dealing with Se-matters. This is in direct conflict with the 8, who is a master of Se, regardless of wing and variant.
    For god's sake, doubt and hesitation are not typical LIE qualities. Why do you think they are? Also, LIE's are among the most motivated of types. Few types accomplish as much as the typical LIE does in their lifetime (in terms of finances/business that is), and their overall long term success is fueled by their need for freedom and independence. Does that not matter?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •