Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INFp Se suggestive/dual seeking: what does it look like?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFp Se suggestive/dual seeking: what does it look like?

What does this look like in practical experience? Se dual seekers, what do you need from another person? Why? What don't you need and can you just do yourself? I'd like to hear from infp's specifically, for obvious reasons.

Like, do you need someone to pull you out of bed every day? Or just someone who's energetic and active themselves?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An INFP friend of mine want a girlfriend that is active and has her own opinion.

He even declined a couple of girls because they didn't qualify for those traits.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get stressed out when it comes to practical concerns, having to make decisions, getting motivated (rather than putting things off)... I can spend all day in my mind, even when I should be doing something else. But you know, I think of it more as seeking the hidden power to do these things within me... I should be able to manage on my own... I think independence is important. Honestly, people that are really active usually seem to prefer to be around other really active sorts.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INFp dual seeking -Se would look just like any other thing they do. Think about this.... someone that has the need to be original(-Ni/+Ne) would have the need to be with someone that overthrows authority. INFps have a need to overthrow authority because of this and are looking for someone that does.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly have no idea what it is about Se-dominants that I like, or what it is I need from them, etc.. Hmm.. I think especially in social situations or otherwise when I don't feel comfortable in a situation, I feel like I want someone there to protect me from danger.. not in the sense of actively shielding me, but I think it's more like, if it's a situation wherein I feel uncertain, I want someone else there who I've already established positive relations with who I feel like I can rely on to keep me safe. It's hard to explain exactly, but I think that may be one aspect of Se dual-seeking, leaving your safety in the hands of someone who can keep you safe. Obviously I'm not in a constant danger environment but if ever I do feel apprehensive I like having someone who I feel can protect me from whatever danger there might be, since I know I'm not strong enough (physically or mentally) to stand up to it.

Saying that though, if it's an environment I feel safe in but someone with me doesn't feel safe, I can take that role of protector that I described above. Well, there's only been one situation with that in, but that situation was that I was at an operatic performance with a close INFp friend at the time. Afterwards when everyone was leaving (the performance was done outdoors) we were trying to battle the crowds and I remember she seemed.. not scared as such but.. well, she seemed apprehensive anyway, and I remember shifting into the role of leader/protector since I didn't feel threatened by the crowds around us at the time, and since my INFp friend did, I took the (temporary) role of leading her safely through the crowds until we got out onto the street where it was a lot quieter. Whether that has anything to do with Se (that is, me taking the protector role) or whether it was just caveman instinct kicking in ("*grunt* caveman protect vulnerable woman *grunt*"), or perhaps a mixture of both, I don't know. But normally in that sort of situation, if I were in my INFp friend's place, I'd want someone else to be the leader to lead me to safety.

Whew, came up with a lot more than I thought I would. Assuming what I've stated above is applicable to Se dual-seeking types in general, perhaps that would provide a bit of insight (applicable I'd think to both INTps and INFps).
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Se dual seeking: what does it look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    What does this look like in practical experience? Se dual seekers, what do you need from another person? Why? What don't you need and can you just do yourself? I'd like to hear from infp's specifically, for obvious reasons.
    Basically, it all comes down to a single word: inertia.

Grounding in the physical body is something I don't find comes naturally to me at all. I'm all emotional and mental. I have difficulty motivating myself for anything physical (like going to the gym). Keeping active physically is a bear; I'm just disinclined to really enjoy strenuous activity. I can't stand sweating and exerting myself.

People who live "in the moment" with a strong physical presence really amaze me. Guys I've been strongly attracted to usually share this kind of indefinable physical animal magnetism and "immediacy" in their character. They don't overthink, they just DO. I'm too prone to think behind or ahead. Rarely present to what I'm doing right now. In fact, even as I write this, my mind is swimming with things I need to do soon, stuff I thought about all day long, wonderings about what I may be forgetting, anticipation for the play I'm in opening this week, etc.

I'm not hopelessly impractical -- I mean, most important things I don't like to rely on other people for. I own a home, a car, have a job, etc. But I'm not really ambitious in the least. I always get fabulous ideas for a business or creative endeavour, but I'm just not at all disciplined enough to carry any of them through. I don't like any kind of drudgery and never had much luck forcing myself to stay dedicated to any lofty goal. (Aside from going to college, of course, I needed a degree to support myself in the manner I grew accustomed to). This is probably the reason I will never have children. Too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Like, do you need someone to pull you out of bed every day? Or just someone who's energetic and active themselves?
    I can get out of bed, albeit always reluctantly. (I rather like sleeping). But I do think that I do need a partner/mate who can energize me. I recall this guy I was really attracted to (likely an ESTp), who was an avid enthusiast -- at one point, he was really into biking. I volunteered to go biking with him on more than a few occasions (miles!) just so I could spend time with him. No way I'd ever be inclined to do that for myself!

Motto: My body at rest tends to stay at rest; my body in motion will soon come to rest.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Think about this.... someone that has the need to be original(-Ni/+Ne) would have the need to be with someone that overthrows authority. INFps have a need to overthrow authority because of this and are looking for someone that does.
    So sayeth YOU.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Afterwards when everyone was leaving (the performance was done outdoors) we were trying to battle the crowds and I remember she seemed.. not scared as such but.. well, she seemed apprehensive anyway, and I remember shifting into the role of leader/protector since I didn't feel threatened by the crowds around us at the time, and since my INFp friend did, I took the (temporary) role of leading her safely through the crowds until we got out onto the street where it was a lot quieter. Whether that has anything to do with Se (that is, me taking the protector role) or whether it was just caveman instinct kicking in ("*grunt* caveman protect vulnerable woman *grunt*"), or perhaps a mixture of both, I don't know. But normally in that sort of situation, if I were in my INFp friend's place, I'd want someone else to be the leader to lead me to safety.

While reflecting upon Se, I actually thought of this being a possible example. Leading reluctant people through crowds.

I do it frequently, I've kicked some balls in too because at crowds such as concerts, groping is inevitiable. So I hit them down low and keep pushing so there is no way they could catch up to me anyhow. If they did catch up, I'd just hit them again and I should have time to scat if they are bigger than I.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kicking balls sounds fun

The first thing that occured to me is: iniative. That's more of an practical necessity, rather than what I seek.

And after thinking for a while: someone to motivate me, and someone to take care of practical things.

But unlike the other posters, I don't need proctection or a riot police
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But unlike the other posters, I don't need proctection or a riot police
    People like my ENFj friend seem to need me to do it most. And my IxFp possie I seem to have accumulated here in Sarasota.

Quote Originally Posted by msk
    kicking balls sounds fun

especially when they deserve it. whenever my bum is touched by someone other than a close friend or lover, an uncontrollable rage boils inside. i want to see BLOOOD. jk...seeing them bent over on the ground is good enough one time i got one with my fist, so it wasn't as hard and he swung back. he missed so i proceeded to get him in the gut.

i dont like fighting really, i like restraining though. i'll take someone down! wrestling is fun a hell.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    INFp dual seeking -Se would look just like any other thing they do. Think about this.... someone that has the need to be original(-Ni/+Ne) would have the need to be with someone that overthrows authority. INFps have a need to overthrow authority because of this and are looking for someone that does.
    Do everyone a favor and actually meet some real, live human beings.
    omfgz u wer TTLY PWND hitta. ur a n00b.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Se dual seeking: what does it look like?

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    I can get out of bed, albeit always reluctantly. (I rather like sleeping). But I do think that I do need a partner/mate who can energize me. I recall this guy I was really attracted to (likely an ESTp), who was an avid enthusiast -- at one point, he was really into biking. I volunteered to go biking with him on more than a few occasions (miles!) just so I could spend time with him. No way I'd ever be inclined to do that for myself!

Motto: My body at rest tends to stay at rest; my body in motion will soon come to rest.
    Hey, biking is awesome, all that scenery, and also you get to climb mountains, sweat and then go downhill...what's better than that?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    An INFP friend of mine want a girlfriend that is active and has her own opinion.

He even declined a couple of girls because they didn't qualify for those traits.
    I'll be his girlfriend.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find I have all the motivation I need when I have an outlet for energy/expression. I get really depressed when I don't have that. As per dual-seeking, nothing fancy, really. I'm looking for someone to play with, really - someone who is funny and irreverent and will react to me and who I can react back to in a carefree way. Basically someone to remind me not to take myself too seriously, and vice versa and can defuse my angst (or at least make it seem less personal). That's what ESTps are best at, IME.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I find I have all the motivation I need when I have an outlet for energy/expression. I get really depressed when I don't have that. As per dual-seeking, nothing fancy, really. I'm looking for someone to play with, really - someone who is funny and irreverent and will react to me and who I can react back to in a carefree way. Basically someone to remind me not to take myself too seriously, and vice versa and can defuse my angst (or at least make it seem less personal). That's what ESTps are best at, IME.
    huh. this sounds like me. at least IRL, lol. seriously though that's what infp man would say i think.

that is also reassuring about having enough motivation and finding the right outlets. i tend to motivate people pretty easily. i can do a lot of practical stuff.

thanks! :wink:

ILE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se dual-seeking is simple. Think of the Se-seeker as a masochist and the Se as a swarm of anal beads. The Se-seeker wants the anal beads (Se) to be tightly packed into their anus so the Se can be like "huhuh im in ur ass i pwn u" and the masochist can be like "lol ur inside my butt wat can i do?".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Se dual-seeking is simple. Think of the Se-seeker as a masochist and the Se as a swarm of anal beads. The Se-seeker wants the anal beads (Se) to be tightly packed into their anus so the Se can be like "huhuh im in ur ass i pwn u" and the masochist can be like "lol ur inside my butt wat can i do?".
    LOL and you're just armed w those anal beads aren't ya disco? lol

ILE

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se's I know are highly aware of surroundings, accurately factual, sophisticated, reactive, adaptive, and keen on status enhancement.

Ni's I know are imaginative, novel, esoteric, mysterious, obscure, and often just unaware of their environment.

Where as Ne's I know are always making predictions, planning, finding hidden implications, and looking at possibilities, based more on external things, and focused on external theories. Ni's always seem lost in their own world, where Ne's are focused more on the external.

Of course people do all of these things, but its simple to say one is dominating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Se Dual Seeking function for IEIs

the IEI's suggestive function is and it yields some interesting quirks. I've heard it said that, "The SLE abuses the IEI, and the IEI cries for more". Obviously an exaggeration, but i'd be interested in hearing some examples of the dual seeking function.
    Last edited by shorebreaker; 04-02-2010 at 04:49 PM.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what!
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See: Ari Gold & Lloyd.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard from my friend's brother once that it is legal in some countries to rape IEI's
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck you
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    I heard from my friend's brother once that it is legal in some countries to rape IEI's
    Lies. You have no friends.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Se suggestive dual-seeking?

What the fuck is it like?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

oh scape!
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jacking off while punching yourself in the jaw

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Jacking off while punching yourself in the jaw
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Someone who doesn't interact with the outside world, needs an extravert to do things with.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Somebody's a cheap date~
    Last edited by Galen; 12-21-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Creepy-pikachu

Jay: Im going moutain climbing.
    Scapey: Oh, Jay, Im too feeble and helpless.
    Jay: I'll carry you.
    Jay: Lets talk about me.
    Scapey: Youre retarded.
    Scapey: Oh, Jay

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Let's talk about Te Ds now
    -

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is Korpsy's Se dual seeking like? What is the boy edition doing seeking Se?

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    What is Korpsy's Se dual seeking like? What is the boy edition doing seeking Se?
    lol He doesn't seek it.
    -

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"A desire to take it up the ass." A straight quote from my IEI friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    "A desire to take it up the ass." A straight quote from my IEI friend.
    I was thinking more of "needing a swift kick in the ass", but I could see both being the case.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se Dual seekers need a fucking stick wedged up their ass then put on a catapult and launched to the moon where they can go fuck their own ass and accomplish things for the first time in their life.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Se Dual seekers need a fucking stick wedged up their ass then put on a catapult and launched to the moon where they can go fuck their own ass and accomplish things for the first time in their life.
    Oh, weird. Sounds like me!

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I feel like you read a book on how to try to be SLE. and now you're using every catch-phrase... pearls of wisdom imaginable.

I hope it's genuine at least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast