Thread: ISTp type description Thesocion!!!

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default ISTp type description Thesocion!!!

ISTp Profile

1.) -Si/+Se (directly ties in with function 7)
    ISTps are very clean and hygiene conscious people. They tend to notice their negative bodily sensations very easily. They notice when they have pain or some other type of repulsive sensations. ISTps usually like to have fun and enjoy themselves. Many ISTps often travel the world hoping to do things that are wild and exciting. ISTps are always looking to fit in and enjoy the people around them. ISTps are submissive to authority figures. They tend to follow the accepted norms of society. ISTps can become extremely defensive when someone offends them in some way. ISTps do not take well to attacks. They tend to retaliate very severely.

2.) +Te/-Ti (directly ties in with function 8)
    ISTps are very analytical people. They tend to believe that they have this understanding of how society works and how people should act in society. They often preach to people about how life works and how life should be lived. They are the "down to earth" philosophers of the world. Though they will usually adopt the public opinion on things, they tend to believe that people should live their lives the way they want to. ISTps tend to be over economical and stingy. They often spends hours upon hours calculating how they can save money in certain situations.

3.) -Ni/+Ne (directly ties in with function 5)
    ISTps usually never want to be in the limelight. They do not like it when attention is brought to them. They can also appear to be very single-minded. ISTps lack the ability to see someone else's viewpoint on something. ISTps tend to hate to be rushed through something. They do not like to move at quick paces when doing tasks. They don't tend to fear death much. They tend to be positively receptive to the possibilities of the death.

4.) +Fe/-Fi (directly ties in with function 6)
    They often do not know how to show their love for someone. They are not normally happy and playful people. ISTps do not usually feel sadness for other people's problems or situations. They try their best to follow how everyone else in the area acts, but they never truly feel remorse or hatred for people.

5.) -Ne/+Ni (directly ties in with function 3)
    ISTps usually want to be routine and normal. ISTps are usually extremely down to earth people. They want to be viewed as being normal and sensible. They also usually are unwavering with their opinions. Arguments are usually a lost cause with an ISTp. ISTps usually also take a very long period of time to complete even the simplest of tasks. They are capable of doing the most tedious tasks.

6.) +Fi/-Fe (directly ties in with function 4)
    ISTps usually want to love and cherish the people around them They often seem to complain often about things, especially to people they feel as if they can vent to. ISTps often at times seem as if they are in a bad mood. They can be very grouchy and ill-tempered from time to time.

7.) -Se/+Si (directly ties in with function 1)
    ISTps do not like to challenge authority. They are people that live under societies wings. They are not the type of people that easily take initiative. They often spending large amounts of time sitting around before beginning new task. They aren't strongly receptive to their positive sensations.

8.) +Ti/-Te (directly ties in with function 2)
    ISTps do not like it when others place rules in limitations on people and objects. They usually believe that people should be able to live their lives as they want to. ISTps do not like to take risks. They are overly conservative.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss the part about their love for mechanics and hands on experiences.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not like to take risks? What kind of risks are you talking about - financial? Like that? Or adreneline-rush sports? ISTps certainly like some kinds of risks. But not lifestyle or financial risks.

And I disagree that they won't challenge authority. It depends on the specific circumstances.

I don't know if "down to earth" means the same to me as it does to you. ISTps aren't "down to earth" in the way that phrase is used where I live. People call them aloof. But they are "down to earth" in a broader sense and maybe that's what you mean?

I think a lot of this is accurate, or at least accurate in most cases, but I do question those few things.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's nearly 100 % correct, except this " ISTps are submissive to authority figures. They tend to follow the accepted norms of society." which couldn't be further from the truth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    That's nearly 100 % correct, except this " ISTps are submissive to authority figures. They tend to follow the accepted norms of society." which couldn't be further from the truth.
    I feel the same.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ISTp type description Thesocion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    They don't tend to fear death much. They tend to be positively receptive to the possibilities of the death.
    WTF ???

ISTps usually also take a very long period of time to complete even the simplest of tasks. They are capable of doing the most tedious tasks.
    Very true.

They often spends hours upon hours calculating how they can save money in certain situations.
    Hahaha...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    And I disagree that they won't challenge authority. It depends on the specific circumstances.
    I am purposefully oblivious to the existence of almost any kind of authority.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like to challenge authority, even if I hate it, and guess who I send in if there's authority to be challenged. My husband doesn't have any problem with challenging authority at all. There could be a situation where wouldn't go up against authority but it would probably be because he doesn't care, not because he's submissive to authority or whatever that said.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I don't like to challenge authority, even if I hate it, and guess who I send in if there's authority to be challenged. My husband doesn't have any problem with challenging authority at all. There could be a situation where wouldn't go up against authority but it would probably be because he doesn't care, not because he's submissive to authority or whatever that said.
    And a good mix of both helps keep both of ya sane and alive

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, ISTps are more reactive than proactive in their Se. They tend to be extremely retaliatory. They don't like it when people place rules on them that they disagree with(with their -Ti/+Te conjunction they probably won't like rules period). ISTps are more submissive until someone attacks them. They tend to follow along with what society thinks until they are offended. When they are offended though, they tend to be very very aggressive back to that person or system. ISTjs and ESTps tend to naturally go against authority and attack the system. ISTps don't do this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"ISTjs and ESTps tend to naturally go against authority and attack the system. ISTps don't do this."

it sounds like you've got istj and istp confused..

look at these profiles from Gulenko:

http://socionics.com/prof/istj.htm
    http://socionics.com/prof/istp.htm

"As children ISTjs are very often obedient, docile, responsible and respectful. For this reason they are often used by adults as examples to other children. This will often lead them to take positions of responsibility while still at school. ISTjs adapt well to positions of power and are very dutiful. When in power they show good administrative and organisation skills. They demand the exact fulfilment of their orders and are uncompromising in these matters. They usually maintain strong discipline inside organisations. They like and respect authority and always obey subordination."