Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default on temperaments

My impressions:

Ixxp
    They are easily hurt when they are criticized and easily pleased when they are complimented. Rather than give their true opinion about something, they would say something that would be accepted by others. Fitting in is important to them.

Exxj
    When they have an emotional outburst they tend not to think what others are thinking of them at that moment.

Ixxj
    They are principled and stand by those principles at the expense of being unpopular.

Your thoughts?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Semi-agree with the Ixxp one; it varies whether or not I'm hurt by criticism depending on what's being criticised and how, and it depends again on the situation whether or not I give my true opinion about something. The rest fits though.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    i think this is quite realistic.

Exxps i imagine would be confident in expressing themselves but would only do so if the consequences are not undesired, they are well able to control their emotions. they would want to express themselves and do it at an appropriate occasion with much energy and without any hesitation and fear.
    Ohhh that would make sense. Whenever my ENFp friend brings up a critical observation of me (ISTj), she only does so when other people are discussing it. I consider it annoying because it feels like she's ganging up on me and isn't showing a great deal of loyalty. Conversely, she labels me stubborn which is related back to what Elzo said about Ixxjs and their prinicples.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IP Temperament description (Ixxp types)

Please add to or take away anything from this to make it better and more accurate:

Their mood depends on how people include them. They feel depressed if people do not turn their attention to them or do not respond to them. If they are in a poor mood, people shouldn’t try to comfort them or cheer them up. It is better to leave them alone in private with their own thoughts and to show indirect sympathy. When they meet someone new, they are able to behave in a polite and intelligent manner. They are diplomatic. They try to harmonize the personal interests of people. They may make jokes in order to have closer relations with people. If this doesn’t work they will cease their efforts. They only trust deep attachments and steady, time-tested feelings. In communication with people, they establish a psychological distance that is necessary for they, and they are very nervous if someone doesn’t maintain that distance. They will not live or work within a psychologically unhealthy group of people. Smooth relations are necessary in order for them to have a fulfilling life. They are gentle and are able to forgive people. They poorly understand disorganized information. Their mood is spoilt when there is a lack of clarity in understanding a situation. They feel better when information is organized because they can understand and deal with it better. They are more active if they are given a clear goal. They act with enthusiasm when they rely on carefully considered logical plans that have a clear final goal. They can work out how to achieve a goal on their own and don’t need to be given instructions.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have a need for other people to like and admire them, and yet they tend to be critical of themselves. While they have some personality weaknesses they are generally able to compensate for them. They have considerable unused capacity that they have not turned to their advantage. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, they tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside. At times they have serious doubts as to whether they have made the right decision or done the right thing. they prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. They also pride themselves as independent thinkers; and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. But they have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing themselves to others. At times they are extroverted, affable, and sociable, while at other times they are introverted, wary, and reserved. Some of their aspirations tend to be rather unrealistic.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ixxp

Legend:
    bold - Correct
    italics - Varies per situation
    underline - Varies per type (within the IP temperament)
    [s:9b36bf906f]strikethrough[/s:9b36bf906f] - Incorrect
    If I've left it unformatted, I'm probably not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    Their mood depends on how people include them. They feel depressed if people do not turn their attention to them or do not respond to them. If they are in a poor mood, people shouldn’t try to comfort them or cheer them up. It is better to leave them alone in private with their own thoughts and to show indirect sympathy. When they meet someone new, they are able to behave in a polite and intelligent manner. They are diplomatic. They try to harmonize the personal interests of people. They may make jokes in order to have closer relations with people. If this doesn’t work they will cease their efforts. They only trust deep attachments and steady, time-tested feelings. In communication with people, they establish a psychological distance that is necessary for they, and they are very nervous if someone doesn’t maintain that distance. They will not live or work within a psychologically unhealthy group of people. Smooth relations are necessary in order for them to have a fulfilling life. They are gentle and are able to forgive people. They poorly understand disorganized information. Their mood is spoilt when there is a lack of clarity in understanding a situation. They feel better when information is organized because they can understand and deal with it better. They are more active if they are given a clear goal. They act with enthusiasm when they rely on carefully considered logical plans that have a clear final goal. They can work out how to achieve a goal on their own and don’t need to be given instructions.
    IMO, FWIW.
    5w4 so/sx

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    They have a need for other people to like and admire them, and yet they tend to be critical of themselves. While they have some personality weaknesses they are generally able to compensate for them. They have considerable unused capacity that they have not turned to their advantage. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, they tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside. At times they have serious doubts as to whether they have made the right decision or done the right thing. they prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. They also pride themselves as independent thinkers; and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. But they have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing themselves to others. At times they are extroverted, affable, and sociable, while at other times they are introverted, wary, and reserved. Some of their aspirations tend to be rather unrealistic.
    lol, i think i actually read those lines somewhere.....i think it was in my book on cold reading...or in a wiki on forer or such. did you write this one up on your own or get it from somewhere?

(ps, good one!)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I agree with every word of this.
    5w4 so/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ixxp

My personal INFp description (amended):

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Their mood depends on how significant people mirror them, accurately or inaccurately. They feel depressed if those people they care for fail to acknowledge them. If they are in a poor mood, one should offer quiet support, encouragement, but not advice or invalidation of their concerns. Sometimes, they want to be left alone with their own thoughts; they should not be coerced before they are ready to rejoin the company of others. When they meet someone new, they are able to behave in a polite and intelligent manner, diplomatic, but usually insecure until they know one very well. They may use humor to entertain people and create an enjoyable atmosphere. They are hesitant to trust, but may do so gradually and only after time. In communication with people, they establish a psychological distance, and they are can become anxious if someone breaches that distance prematurely. They suffer greatly in close proximity to an psychologically unhealthy group of people. Meaningful experience is necessary in order for them to have a fulfilling life. They have a great capacity for gentleness and are able to forgive people. They poorly understand disorganized information. Their mood is spoilt when there is a lack of clarity in understanding a situation. They feel better with more information about any situation because they can understand and deal with it better. They are more active if they are given a clear goal. They act with enthusiasm when their curiosity and passion is engaged.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise

lol, i think i actually read those lines somewhere.....i think it was in my book on cold reading...or in a wiki on forer or such. did you write this one up on your own or get it from somewhere?

(ps, good one!)
    lol no I didn't make it up. I googled "Forer Effect".
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.