Thread: How do you feel about TV soaps\dramas etc?

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default How do you feel about TV soaps\dramas etc.?

I remember there was a question on a test, or on several tests along the lines of 'Do you feel involved in TV soaps?' or something, and I found it difficult to answer the question.

I don't really like soaps at all because they seem very mundane - but I do like dramas and black comedies where the characters are slightly unrealistic (rather than people who argue over 'ordinary' stuff). I like characters that are clearly supposed to be bad, but who might actually be good, or characters who are 'bad' in a small group, but who are actually more complex and turn out to be good in the wider scheme of things . I like the 'good' characters to have great humility, unless they are arrogantly delusional and impulsive...that's O.K :wink:.

So, I identify with characters who are unrealistic, but who I am able to relate to in some way - I suppose I like it when a character represents an archetype (or even many seemingly contradictory archetypes) - I do not like it when a character acts differently each week (i.e. due to some incredible mundane event that is used to get high viewer ratings ).
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to love dramas or black comedies, when it especially involves wordplay. I also watch and enjoy grey's anatomy.

Although the notebook can kiss my ass.

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't tollerate TV soaps. They make me cringe. I don't feel involved in them at all.

That said, I can tolerate them for a while if they are in Spanish, because I do not understand Spanish and forgot most of the Spanish I learned... so for a while it can be fun trying to figure out what they're saying. A while = ~ 10 minutes.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I don't really like TV anyways, so the answer to this would be no. I've got better things to do (like sit around and post crap on these t0tally aw3s0me forumz, of course ).
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soaps blow as they should, but hip drama is rad. I've always assumed the author of that question wasn't very up-to-date in their terminology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to think that T.V. in general tends to drain my creativity (and scatter thought-processes). A few select shows I like, but definitely not soaps..
    xxTp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

remember there was a question on a test, or on several tests along the lines of 'Do you feel involved in TV soaps?' or something, and I found it difficult to answer the question.
    that test question in the humanmetrics test (i believe) had to be the easiest question on the test.

soap operas = zzzzz.

Creepy-bg

I spend at least 38 hours a day watching soaps... oh wait... nevermind

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I spend at least 38 hours a day watching soaps... oh wait... nevermind
    wouldn't be impossible depending on your travel schedule and relative speed of motion towards the motion of the earth around the sun

TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching a soap opera to me, is like watching a comedy. I barely am subjected to it anymore now that the person in the house who watches one daily has a job to be working at 3pm everyday.

I don't care what kind of movie/show/performance it is, so long as its good/stimulating I'll give it a watch. Well...I'll try almost anything, but if it meets the requirements I'll watch it a second time.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*The weighted splashing noise of projectile liquid vomit smacking ceramic tile rattles the room*