Thread: Quick type test: Si vs Ni

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quick type test: Si vs Ni

Si and Ni are concerned with gathering information to do with myself.

Si
    I am attentive to the functioning of my body and mind. I am attentive to the impact I have on the world and how to defend myself against the world. My personal experiences validate my impact on, and defence against, the world. I gain self worth through winning or defending. I strive for validation and positive experiences. I build myself through practice, starting with the basics and progressing to the more refined. Every experience I have confirms that I am alive. I notice every detail about myself. I only focus on what immediately confronts me. Skill is more important than knowledge. I only need to know how to cope. I tackle problems head-on with the skills I have practised.

Ni – I am attentive to the condition of my body and mind. I am attentive to the affect the world has on me. I place myself within the context of the whole. Insight is more important to me than skill. I seek self-awareness. To me, experiences are fleeting that are merely a means to an end. I seek to isolate my mind from the world to gain clarity, where the complexities and confusions of life have little impact. I take a step back to address a problem in order to gain perspective.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, you are more Si. It comes through in your description of Ni. It think you value it though, that that's possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I'm Ne not Ni I'm thinking Si as well.
    xxTp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetal
    Although I'm Ne not Ni I'm thinking Si as well.
    That's because if you are Ne, you naturally have a preference for Si over Se, and Ne over Ni, so you are more well acquainted with Si.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Si v Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    Si – I am attentive to the functioning of my body and mind.

Ni – I am attentive to the condition of my body and mind.
    They're both dynamic... "condition" is way too static. And I wouldn't even mention body in the Ni description unless it's just to state that there's a poor awareness of one's body. I wouldn't focus on that though. Ni is about seeing patterns in events. Mentioning that the person thinks mostly about the past and future would be good.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/