Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ENTjs, ESTjs & Deception

  1. #1
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ENTjs, ESTjs & Deception

    OK so from my own experiences, I have seen many ENTj's and ESTj's buying into some sketchy girl/guy's lame line and then end up getting heartbroken. Has anyone else known an ENTj or an ESTj where this has happened? I know that this happens to everyone however, I feel like it happens to them more often than most other types because of their leading function being and their suggestive being . It's almost like they need their partner to keep them updated on the status of the relationship, their feelings, etc., and because their duals are IXFj's they expect these feelings to be constant. Maybe because I'm an irrational type and my creative function is but I'll feel one way one moment and a few moments later a completely different way for no apparent reason. For types that are irrational or have as their creative function, these types probably would confuse and have the capacity to easily deceive the rational ESTjs and ENTjs. Anyways, I think ESTjs and ENTjs are more prone to being deceived than other types because they view/expect/want other peoples' emotions are consistent, constant, and true where this may not be the case. What do you guys think? Do you think this could also apply with ISTj's and INTj's in terms of / ? I have yet to see this myself but I'm curious to see what you guys think.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Ti types need reassurance because they need Fe, which is outward manifestation of mood, and they wouldn't accept Fi signals well anyway. Te types, once in a relationship, would assume loyalty until something made them think otherwise. Tell me if my impression is wrong, Te leading types.

    I know for me I really respond to verbal cues over action.. unless I know that the person doesn't talk much. Even then I look for body language cues.

  3. #3
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: ENTj's, ESTj's & Deception

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    OK so from my own experiences, I have seen many ENTj's and ESTj's buying into some sketchy girl/guy's lame line and then end up getting heartbroken.
    Maybe. Personally, this has never happened. I am extremely wary about Fi, very suspicious, especially at first. It is hard for me to trust, somewhat. But at the same time I definitely don't mind pushing forward.

    Has anyone else known an ENTj or an ESTj where this has happened? I know that this happens to everyone however, I feel like it happens to them more often than most other types because of their leading function being and their suggestive being . It's almost like they need their partner to keep them updated on the status of the relationship, their feelings, etc.,
    Absolutely. I need that, constantly. It doesn't need to be "verbalized", I just need to see it. Act in ways that don't make me suspicious - I can't open up to people that way.

    and because their duals are IXFj's they expect these feelings to be constant.
    I want that, I need that. Do I expect that? Not at all. I don't expect that from anyone, honestly. But I don't have a habit of making connections easily with people, or having a lot of really close friends anyways, so, it is hard to say. But in order for any sort of relationship development, yes, smooth constant feelings are what I crave.

    Maybe because I'm an irrational type and my creative function is but I'll feel one way one moment and a few moments later a completely different way for no apparent reason. For types that are irrational or have as their creative function, these types probably would confuse and have the capacity to easily deceive the rational ESTjs and ENTjs.
    I am extremely wary about ESFps for that reason (nothing against you). Absolutely, though, it is different. What is repelling is when you change your Fi status on a whim, and its like, just shoots off huge vibes that I cannot be much around you, or if I do, everything is just 'not very serious', because your Fi is so fickle. (Keep in mind this is coming form a Te subtype who is heavily seeking Fi)

    Anyways, I think ESTjs and ENTjs are more prone to being deceived than other types because they view/expect/want other peoples' emotions are consistent, constant, and true where this may not be the case. What do you guys think? Do you think this could also apply with ISTj's and INTj's in terms of / ? I have yet to see this myself but I'm curious to see what you guys think.
    I am not sure what to say about that, it seems more a matter of life experience and perhaps maturity.

    ESFjs are MIE MUCH more susceptible to not understanding how people feel about them, or thinking people like them more than they really do. Compared to all the ESTjs I know at least. They are very positive and very much believing in the emotional goodness of people, unrealistically so.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  4. #4
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just trust everybody by default until it's been proven otherwise. Yes I've been deceived, but I don't feel like losing my rose-colored glasses just because some people have a different view of relationships, I prefer to keep on expecting well, so that when it comes, I can catch it without any prejudice There's no such a thing as unrealistic good expectations, if you believe a person is good, then he/she will be motivated to be better because you believe in it and thus you relate to them as worthy of attention. Conversely, if I sense that somebody is mistrustful towards me, I am quick to dismiss them and I don't want them as friends - I don't need somebody to bring me down.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  5. #5
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: ENTj's, ESTj's & Deception

    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    OK so from my own experiences, I have seen many ENTj's and ESTj's buying into some sketchy girl/guy's lame line and then end up getting heartbroken.
    Maybe. Personally, this has never happened. I am extremely wary about Fi, very suspicious, especially at first. It is hard for me to trust, somewhat. But at the same time I definitely don't mind pushing forward.

    Has anyone else known an ENTj or an ESTj where this has happened? I know that this happens to everyone however, I feel like it happens to them more often than most other types because of their leading function being and their suggestive being . It's almost like they need their partner to keep them updated on the status of the relationship, their feelings, etc.,
    Absolutely. I need that, constantly. It doesn't need to be "verbalized", I just need to see it. Act in ways that don't make me suspicious - I can't open up to people that way.

    and because their duals are IXFj's they expect these feelings to be constant.
    I want that, I need that. Do I expect that? Not at all. I don't expect that from anyone, honestly. But I don't have a habit of making connections easily with people, or having a lot of really close friends anyways, so, it is hard to say. But in order for any sort of relationship development, yes, smooth constant feelings are what I crave.

    Maybe because I'm an irrational type and my creative function is but I'll feel one way one moment and a few moments later a completely different way for no apparent reason. For types that are irrational or have as their creative function, these types probably would confuse and have the capacity to easily deceive the rational ESTjs and ENTjs.
    I am extremely wary about ESFps for that reason (nothing against you). Absolutely, though, it is different. What is repelling is when you change your Fi status on a whim, and its like, just shoots off huge vibes that I cannot be much around you, or if I do, everything is just 'not very serious', because your Fi is so fickle. (Keep in mind this is coming form a Te subtype who is heavily seeking Fi)

    Anyways, I think ESTjs and ENTjs are more prone to being deceived than other types because they view/expect/want other peoples' emotions are consistent, constant, and true where this may not be the case. What do you guys think? Do you think this could also apply with ISTj's and INTj's in terms of / ? I have yet to see this myself but I'm curious to see what you guys think.
    I am not sure what to say about that, it seems more a matter of life experience and perhaps maturity.

    ESFjs are MIE MUCH more susceptible to not understanding how people feel about them, or thinking people like them more than they really do. Compared to all the ESTjs I know at least. They are very positive and very much believing in the emotional goodness of people, unrealistically so.
    I don't take it offensively- i don't trust other ESFps either haha. OK so to answer my own question haha ummm i think that because is a kind of weird, subjective thing that it's easier for people with the dual-seeking function of Fi to get manipulated especially as compared to types seeing as types show their emotions intensely and readily. It's kind of hard NOT to be able to detect their feelings.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  6. #6
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    I think Ti types need reassurance because they need Fe, which is outward manifestation of mood, and they wouldn't accept Fi signals well anyway. Te types, once in a relationship, would assume loyalty until something made them think otherwise. Tell me if my impression is wrong, Te leading types.

    I know for me I really respond to verbal cues over action.. unless I know that the person doesn't talk much. Even then I look for body language cues.
    Can you just tell me which is Fi and which is Fe in action and words?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  7. #7
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Basically, I'm trying to decide what I need for someone to show they like me. I think it's closer to bodily cues than words, because I'm better at reading them. When someone says "I love you", I take that to mean "you're my friend", not "I want you". But if I'm in close proximity with someone, or I'm looking at the way they're looking at me, I'm much better at being able to tell whether they're into me or not. Either way though, I still need it to be pretty obvious. If a girl says "I want you", I think "right, it's safe to move in" (if I'm into them).
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •