TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ego Block battle

What think you of this:

Your ego block sometimes seems like a "contest" of two functions. They ultimately want the same goal, but they go about it in different ways. Your dominant function generally wins out in terms of the bottom line. But sometimes even though you are most happy when the secondary supports primary function, it can be awkward when you find them tugging in different directions.

I would not say this is a common occurrence, but perhaps it is related to being under distress, or in an uncertain or threatening environment.

Comments?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ego Block battle

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    What think you of this:

Your ego block sometimes seems like a "contest" of two functions. They ultimately want the same goal, but they go about it in different ways. Your dominant function generally wins out in terms of the bottom line. But sometimes even though you are most happy when the secondary supports primary function, it can be awkward when you find them tugging in different directions.

I would not say this is a common occurrence, but perhaps it is related to being under distress, or in an uncertain or threatening environment.

Comments?
    um, wow, even imagining this hurts
    i'd be lost without my secondary function helping to sort through all the info the primary function pops up.
    however, my secondary function often battles with itself, particularly when I want/like/dislike conflicting things
    and my primary function often creates an overload
    i guess about the only time that they might battle with each other is when i'm pressured to make a decision on something in a short amount of time and the Ne keeps popping up new stuff that the Fi doesn't know how to sort through yet. But it's not so much that they are battling each other...as it is the outside pressure creating undue stress.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, outside pressure. Making you choose between them, almost, when you really don't want to.

The outside pressure seems to come from POLR, at least at this time. (in my current situation). But I'm not saying that's how it has to be
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    i think it may be that subconsciously types use the second function to aid the realization of the first, e.g. ESFps use Fi and adjusting how other people relate towards them or creating a relational system where they have a top place (Se). though on a local level in the here and now it may not seem so apparent.
    (that sure is true...)

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's it... I just have to comment. Everything is about soldiers, and battles, and enemies, and ninjas, (and duality), with you... I feel I've missed some other common themes.

I do not feel my 1st two functions are at war. I feel they are fused together harmoniously, so much so that I can't tell for certain what either of them are. :wink:

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    It can be difficult to distill the information elements down to precisely what they are with no other influence (I believe this is one of the reasons why quadras are important, because ultimately one's particular expression of any function is influenced by the one it is paired with).
    I hadn't thought of it that way. I think that's a good point.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    I don't know about this whole thing; my and go together quite nicely, actually. They don't like to fight with each other.
    That's the point, it is uncomfortable when that happens.

Do you notice a specific circumstance?
    It seems related to distress.

When you do have to decide between them, it is very uncomfortable. It is a choice that shouldn't be made. But outside factors (polr related especially?) make you have to make that choice, sometimes, it seems. Again, this is something I am realizing during a heightened period of stress, not normal functioning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes sounds more like leading vs role battle. Perhaps creative vs PoLR too. Id assume leading and role battle it out more often though. Creative usually pwns PoLR. At least in theory. Perhaps subtypes affect this.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not really. My thought process is not complicated enough.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    No, not really. My thought process is not complicated enough.
    that's because your Italian