Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Ego Block battle

  1. #1
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Ego Block battle

    What think you of this:


    Your ego block sometimes seems like a "contest" of two functions. They ultimately want the same goal, but they go about it in different ways. Your dominant function generally wins out in terms of the bottom line. But sometimes even though you are most happy when the secondary supports primary function, it can be awkward when you find them tugging in different directions.

    I would not say this is a common occurrence, but perhaps it is related to being under distress, or in an uncertain or threatening environment.


    Comments?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  2. #2
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,329
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ego Block battle

    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    What think you of this:


    Your ego block sometimes seems like a "contest" of two functions. They ultimately want the same goal, but they go about it in different ways. Your dominant function generally wins out in terms of the bottom line. But sometimes even though you are most happy when the secondary supports primary function, it can be awkward when you find them tugging in different directions.

    I would not say this is a common occurrence, but perhaps it is related to being under distress, or in an uncertain or threatening environment.


    Comments?
    um, wow, even imagining this hurts
    i'd be lost without my secondary function helping to sort through all the info the primary function pops up.
    however, my secondary function often battles with itself, particularly when I want/like/dislike conflicting things
    and my primary function often creates an overload
    i guess about the only time that they might battle with each other is when i'm pressured to make a decision on something in a short amount of time and the Ne keeps popping up new stuff that the Fi doesn't know how to sort through yet. But it's not so much that they are battling each other...as it is the outside pressure creating undue stress.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  3. #3
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, outside pressure. Making you choose between them, almost, when you really don't want to.


    The outside pressure seems to come from POLR, at least at this time. (in my current situation). But I'm not saying that's how it has to be
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  4. #4
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    i think it may be that subconsciously types use the second function to aid the realization of the first, e.g. ESFps use Fi and adjusting how other people relate towards them or creating a relational system where they have a top place (Se). though on a local level in the here and now it may not seem so apparent.
    (that sure is true...)
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  5. #5
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  6. #6
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's it... I just have to comment. Everything is about soldiers, and battles, and enemies, and ninjas, (and duality), with you... I feel I've missed some other common themes.



    I do not feel my 1st two functions are at war. I feel they are fused together harmoniously, so much so that I can't tell for certain what either of them are. :wink:

  7. #7
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    It can be difficult to distill the information elements down to precisely what they are with no other influence (I believe this is one of the reasons why quadras are important, because ultimately one's particular expression of any function is influenced by the one it is paired with).
    I hadn't thought of it that way. I think that's a good point.

  8. #8
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know about this whole thing; my and go together quite nicely, actually. They don't like to fight with each other.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  9. #9
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    I don't know about this whole thing; my and go together quite nicely, actually. They don't like to fight with each other.
    That's the point, it is uncomfortable when that happens.

    Do you notice a specific circumstance?
    It seems related to distress.


    When you do have to decide between them, it is very uncomfortable. It is a choice that shouldn't be made. But outside factors (polr related especially?) make you have to make that choice, sometimes, it seems. Again, this is something I am realizing during a heightened period of stress, not normal functioning.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  10. #10
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    I don't know about this whole thing; my and go together quite nicely, actually. They don't like to fight with each other.
    That's the point, it is uncomfortable when that happens.

    Do you notice a specific circumstance?
    It seems related to distress.
    No, it's never happened to me. It would be ego vs. superego/id rather than ego vs. ego.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  11. #11
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes sounds more like leading vs role battle. Perhaps creative vs PoLR too. Id assume leading and role battle it out more often though. Creative usually pwns PoLR. At least in theory. Perhaps subtypes affect this.

  12. #12
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,631
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, not really. My thought process is not complicated enough.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  13. #13
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    No, not really. My thought process is not complicated enough.
    that's because your Italian

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •