Thread: Two Questions On Se

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Two Questions On Se

Experiencing and noticing the physical world, scanning for visible reactions and relevant data.You are one with the experience. There is no "naming" or describing - just pure, vivid experience. The whole scene comes into your awareness almost at once. You may be drawn to experience more and more, seeking any variation that will intensely excite the senses. Writing that is richly descriptive can also evoke extraverted Sensing as can other mental stimulation. The process is momentary and tied to the events of the iminediate situation. It is used in the here and now and helps us know what is really there in the physical world and to adapt to it. Extraverted Sensing occurs when we scan for information that is relevant to our interests, then we mentally register data and facts such as baseball statistics, the locations of all the restaurants in town, or the names of all the actors in the popular television shows. There can be an active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Associated behaviors include eating a whole box of chocolates for the variety of tastes; playing an instrument for hours with pure enjoyment, not for practice; voracious reading or continual asking of questions to get specifics.
    Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context. An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment. A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us. The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.
    I'd like to know the answers to two questions.

Firstly, are these compatible with Se in socionical terms?

Secondly, and more importantly, are these good/accurate descriptions of Se in socionics, or do they describe a different aspect of or way of looking at or even a different take on Se?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Two Questions On Se

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Experiencing and noticing the physical world, scanning for visible reactions and relevant data.You are one with the experience. There is no "naming" or describing - just pure, vivid experience. The whole scene comes into your awareness almost at once. You may be drawn to experience more and more, seeking any variation that will intensely excite the senses. Writing that is richly descriptive can also evoke extraverted Sensing as can other mental stimulation. The process is momentary and tied to the events of the iminediate situation. It is used in the here and now and helps us know what is really there in the physical world and to adapt to it. Extraverted Sensing occurs when we scan for information that is relevant to our interests, then we mentally register data and facts such as baseball statistics, the locations of all the restaurants in town, or the names of all the actors in the popular television shows. There can be an active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Associated behaviors include eating a whole box of chocolates for the variety of tastes; playing an instrument for hours with pure enjoyment, not for practice; voracious reading or continual asking of questions to get specifics.
    This is certainly not a good description of socionics Se. It is mostly Si, with a bit of other things. It could be a description of the point of view of an SLI, not sure. However, a SLE or SEE could also, I suppose, identify with it to a large extent, since they also have strong Si.

Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context. An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment. A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us. The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.
    The bolded bits do relate well to Se.

EDIT: however, they do not cover all the sides of Se that are relevant for socionics interactions.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ezra: so please do not say that I said that that second description IS Se. A complete description of Se in socionics has to include the "ready for confrontation" and impulsiveness aspects.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay.

Let me just note that I think the unbolded bit that you missed is very important and relevant, especially to me. That is the main way I operate. Like when I was having the conversation with you, I was drawing on ideas I had learned as they became relevant to the conversation. Ti is definitely something I use to a great extent, so when someone mentions or does something I will think "that is because of this" or "their action was related to this function". I apply knowledge to every day life in that respect.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me just note that I think the unbolded bit that you missed is very important and relevant, especially to me. That is the main way I operate. Like when I was having the conversation with you, I was drawing on ideas I had learned as they became relevant to the conversation. Ti is definitely something I use to a great extent, so when someone mentions or does something I will think "that is because of this" or "their action was related to this function". I apply knowledge to every day life in that respect.
    I have left that bit unbolded because I don't think it relates well to Se as a function. That is not to say that Se types, even Se dominants, will not relate to it.

Ezra -- I have made, many many times, the point that a type, let alone an individual, is more than their dominant function. Yet you keep trying to reduce the whole of a person's, or a type's, psyche, to the base function. Why is that?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Ezra -- I have made, many many times, the point that a type, let alone an individual, is more than their dominant function. Yet you keep trying to reduce the whole of a person's, or a type's, psyche, to the base function. Why is that?
    Ti? Seriously, that is probably the reason. By nature (and I have been criticised for this), I attempt to pin down every action of every person as related to some kind of motivation. Because I believe personality systems have these motivations in the pot, I will undoubtedly attempt to relate said actions to said motivations.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but you don't have to reduce all of their motivations to one single function -- everyone uses all their functions. So even if someone describes accurately their core motivations and how they view reality, that's not going to be only their base function.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but you don't have to reduce all of their motivations to one single function -- everyone uses all their functions. So even if someone describes accurately their core motivations and how they view reality, that's not going to be only their base function.
    This doesn't contradict my reasoning that every action can be explained by type.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This doesn't contradict my reasoning that every action can be explained by type.
    (Elro blinks.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Two Questions On Se

It could be a description of the point of view of an SLI, not sure.
    Yes.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. I'm breathing right now, that's type related. Must be Si since everyone knows Si involves awareness of the body and things like that. Oh no, that means I'm using Si constantly, therefore I must be an Si dominant! ARGH, THAT MEANS MY SIGNATURE IS WRONG NOW! /wrists
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    Agreed. I'm breathing right now, that's type related. Must be Si since everyone knows Si involves awareness of the body and things like that. Oh no, that means I'm using Si constantly, therefore I must be an Si dominant! ARGH, THAT MEANS MY SIGNATURE IS WRONG NOW! /wrists
    You confuse animal functions/needs (breathing, sleeping, eating, and other living habits) that are inherent within every regularly functioning human being with psychological makeup (i.e. type).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, the irony of satire. Make it obvious one is being satirical and you kill the humour. Make no signs that you're being satirical and hardly anyone gets it anyway. My talent is wasted here

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    /wrists
    That's a rather elegant abbreviation. I shall remember it in case I ever feel the need to pretend I'm emo over the internet.
    aye, 'tis a good one
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances