Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 103

Thread: INTp type description TheSocion.com!!

  1. #1
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default INTp type description TheSocion.com!!

    INTp personality profile

    1.) +Ni/-Ne (directly ties in with function 7)
    INTps tend to take things extremely slow. INTps may take hours to explain something that would take someone else a few minutes to explain. INTps believe in doing things as slow and detailed as possible. INTps are good at prediction and foresight. They are often able to predict what will happen and when it will happen. INTps usually love history and historical figures. They love the ancient times more than most. Many INTps think that the people of the world can learn large amounts from the historical figures. INTps usually use the past and the history of the past to predict the future. They see the trends in things and are able to predict how they will turn out. INTps have a sense of safety about them. They do not fear death in the least bit. They have this veil of self confidence and a sense of safety about them. Some INTps may even find death to be a fascinating thing in which they look forward to exploring. INTps can be very single minded. They see things in only their own train of thought. INTps will usually put other peoples ideas to the side without care for them. INTps like to come to an exact answer. INTps have a tendency to think in absolutes. They take all the visible possibilities and start removing them one by one. Eventually an INTp will come to their exact answer. INTps are very good critics. They tend to see everything that is wrong with something. The problems with things are very visible to INTps. INTps have a need to confide to the rules of normalness. They believe that people should live by the ways of society and the laws that the world lives. INTps are very religious and spiritual people.

    2.) -Te/+Ti (directly ties in with function 8)

    INTps can be very risky people. When in business or business related situation, an INTp tend to throw money at things in attempt to get a huge payoff. INTps are very uneconomical in matters as the usually attempt to get the large payoffs from their risky business propositions. INTps have a strong ability to make assumptions. They often believe in things without scientific proof to back it up. Usually, they are correct in their assumptions though. They can predict behavior patterns very easily in people. INTps tend to stereotype things to a high extent. They create systems, in which by definition are stereotypes. These systems usually predict patterns very well, although they can never be proven. INTps like to create laws and systems of rules for people to live by. INTps are usually very decisive with things. They usually make their decisions with things very quickly. INTps are very good at removing the loose ends from something. They tend to be able to get rid of people or objects that hinder progress. The see the useless characteristics of certain things.

    3.) +Si/-Se (directly ties in with function 5)

    INTps do not like to go up against authority. They dislike people that rebel against the norms. INTps have a hard time starting new tasks. They often waste about while waiting for a new task at hand. INTps have a hard time choosing which tasks to undertake and which ones to put aside. This often prevents them from starting new tasks altogether. INTps do not notice the positive sensations to their body much. They might enjoy good food, but its won't be on their agenda to find good things to eat. INTps disregard euphoric feelings. They often do not even notice them.

    4.) -Fe/+Fi (directly ties in with function 6)
    INTps do not know how to be mean and rude to people. They lack the ability to be vulgar and use shocking emotions. INTps lack the ability to feel true love and true happiness. They often do not even understand what love is. It is very hard to spark negative emotions from an INTp. Often at times they may even appear robotic in that regard.

    5.) +Se/-Si (directly ties in with function 3)

    INTps tend to follow the norms and the rules of society. They are people of society that live the rules in which authority places down upon them. INTps always finish what they start. INTps have an immense amount of will to push themselves through boring and tedious tasks. INTps seem to always have a need to follow through with things. They never want to leave a task undone. They have a need to have an outgoing and fun lifestyle. With their dual this will probably be something that will be addressed. INTps tend to notice all of their negative bodily sensations. INTps tend to take very good care of the hygiene. An INTp may wash his hands and bathe very often.

    6.) +Fe/-Fi (directly ties in with function 4)
    INTps are very nice and kind people. They have a need to be as respectful and playful with people as possible. They will usually be courteous and call people by their last names. INTps have a need to distance themselves from people. Often they will end up in complete solitary. It is as if INTps have a need to be shut up alone and to feel depressed about things. INTps tend to feel negative feelings towards people in general. INTps usually try to find something wrong with everyone in which they come in contact with. An INTp wants to feel repulsed internally by people and objects.

    7.) +Ne/-Ni (directly ties in with function 1)
    INTps dislike adhering to other people's viewpoints. They are usually not interested in other people's ideas. INTps do not like people that try to be different from societies standards. They tend to dislike people that are impulsive and do things without a methodical approach. INTps tend to dislike unaccepted ways. They usually only believe in the ways that are trusted and have been proven to work.

    8.) -Ti/+Te (directly ties in with function 2)

    INTps dislike the analytical approach to things. They tend to view things as being holistic. INTps do not like to break down things and view the parts as being individual pieces. INTps tend to only appreciate stereotypical logic in which systems are built with people and objects being placed into artificial categories. INTps do not like to economical with things. They tend to be rather risky. They do not know how to be productive with things instead of trying to go for the home run.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is generally how I feel, and I agree with most of it. Except "INTps are very religious and spiritual people."

    I'm anything but religious, or spiritual (however, my INTp friends are very spiritual but totally non-religious). Because of everything else described about our lead function, I came to the conclusion a long time ago that A) god does not necessarily exist, B) worshiping something that doesn't necessarily exist is a total waste of time/energy and C) to do so (more often than not) creates unnecessary rifts within human society which D) leads to war, therefor F) organized religion is inherently a divisive and destructive force and must be eliminated for the continued existence and prosperity of humanity (anti-theism for the win!).
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

    Drum 'n' Bass head

    GorillaSound.net

  3. #3
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I actually agree... religious was a poor choice of a word. Should be just spiritual.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this is complete trash. except for the Ni description (that is, whichever of Ni-/Ni+ is dominant in your BS system), i don't even know what type i'm reading. nearly everything except the dominant function is either the exact opposite of NiTe or just completely inapplicable (especially Si, Fe, Se). parts of the Ni are ok but they tend to place an inordinate emphasis on what i would call "side effects" of Ni rather than the underlying mental frameworks which constitute strong Ni.

  5. #5
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    this is complete trash. except for the Ni description (that is, whichever of Ni-/Ni+ is dominant in your BS system), i don't even know what type i'm reading. nearly everything except the dominant function is either the exact opposite of NiTe or just completely inapplicable (especially Si, Fe, Se). parts of the Ni are ok but they tend to place an inordinate emphasis on what i would call "side effects" of Ni rather than the underlying mental frameworks which constitute strong Ni.
    you think that everything is trash so I'm not real worried, beside that I'm 100% certain that you aren't INTp.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    this is complete trash. except for the Ni description (that is, whichever of Ni-/Ni+ is dominant in your BS system), i don't even know what type i'm reading. nearly everything except the dominant function is either the exact opposite of NiTe or just completely inapplicable (especially Si, Fe, Se). parts of the Ni are ok but they tend to place an inordinate emphasis on what i would call "side effects" of Ni rather than the underlying mental frameworks which constitute strong Ni.
    you think that everything is trash
    Agreed, you take negativist to a whole new level, niffweed.
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

    Drum 'n' Bass head

    GorillaSound.net

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drd252
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    this is complete trash. except for the Ni description (that is, whichever of Ni-/Ni+ is dominant in your BS system), i don't even know what type i'm reading. nearly everything except the dominant function is either the exact opposite of NiTe or just completely inapplicable (especially Si, Fe, Se). parts of the Ni are ok but they tend to place an inordinate emphasis on what i would call "side effects" of Ni rather than the underlying mental frameworks which constitute strong Ni.
    you think that everything is trash
    Agreed, you take negativist to a whole new level, niffweed.
    except that this IS trash. this is obviously an extremely biased perspective, but if you were to compare this description to the ILI description on wikisocion, i would say that that one is perhaps 30% trash compared to this one's 99%.

    (don't grill me over this 30% value; i just picked it completely at random).

  8. #8
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by drd252
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    this is complete trash. except for the Ni description (that is, whichever of Ni-/Ni+ is dominant in your BS system), i don't even know what type i'm reading. nearly everything except the dominant function is either the exact opposite of NiTe or just completely inapplicable (especially Si, Fe, Se). parts of the Ni are ok but they tend to place an inordinate emphasis on what i would call "side effects" of Ni rather than the underlying mental frameworks which constitute strong Ni.
    you think that everything is trash
    Agreed, you take negativist to a whole new level, niffweed.
    except that this IS trash. this is obviously an extremely biased perspective, but if you were to compare this description to the ILI description on wikisocion, i would say that that one is perhaps 30% trash compared to this one's 99%.

    (don't grill me over this 30% value; i just picked it completely at random).
    Would you like a cookie?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by drd252
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    this is complete trash. except for the Ni description (that is, whichever of Ni-/Ni+ is dominant in your BS system), i don't even know what type i'm reading. nearly everything except the dominant function is either the exact opposite of NiTe or just completely inapplicable (especially Si, Fe, Se). parts of the Ni are ok but they tend to place an inordinate emphasis on what i would call "side effects" of Ni rather than the underlying mental frameworks which constitute strong Ni.
    you think that everything is trash
    Agreed, you take negativist to a whole new level, niffweed.
    except that this IS trash. this is obviously an extremely biased perspective, but if you were to compare this description to the ILI description on wikisocion, i would say that that one is perhaps 30% trash compared to this one's 99%.

    (don't grill me over this 30% value; i just picked it completely at random).
    Would you like a cookie?
    fuck you.

  10. #10
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by drd252
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    this is complete trash. except for the Ni description (that is, whichever of Ni-/Ni+ is dominant in your BS system), i don't even know what type i'm reading. nearly everything except the dominant function is either the exact opposite of NiTe or just completely inapplicable (especially Si, Fe, Se). parts of the Ni are ok but they tend to place an inordinate emphasis on what i would call "side effects" of Ni rather than the underlying mental frameworks which constitute strong Ni.
    you think that everything is trash
    Agreed, you take negativist to a whole new level, niffweed.
    except that this IS trash. this is obviously an extremely biased perspective, but if you were to compare this description to the ILI description on wikisocion, i would say that that one is perhaps 30% trash compared to this one's 99%.

    (don't grill me over this 30% value; i just picked it completely at random).
    Would you like a cookie?
    fuck you.
    You're still not an INTp.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    and instead, i am.... ?

  12. #12
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmm... maybe ISTp; I'm not too sure though. I can guarantee without a doubt that you aren't INTp though.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    delightful.

  14. #14
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    delightful.
    aye, like sunshine in the spring

  15. #15
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I read the Fe part... looks like trash, so niffweed is probably correct about the rest.

    Edit: Whoops, sorry dude - didn't realize you wrote it.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

  16. #16
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Fe part is pretty much like any other INTp description I've read.

  17. #17
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drd252
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    this is complete trash. except for the Ni description (that is, whichever of Ni-/Ni+ is dominant in your BS system), i don't even know what type i'm reading. nearly everything except the dominant function is either the exact opposite of NiTe or just completely inapplicable (especially Si, Fe, Se). parts of the Ni are ok but they tend to place an inordinate emphasis on what i would call "side effects" of Ni rather than the underlying mental frameworks which constitute strong Ni.
    you think that everything is trash
    Agreed, you take negativist to a whole new level, niffweed.
    Disagree

    I think Nifweed is usually good in terms of his socionics assessment. His online character has changed somewhat. I would say he is much less negative or feeding off of others as he used to be. But then again I haven't read much forum stuff recently.

    Nevertheless,

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    this is complete trash. except for the Ni description (that is, whichever of Ni-/Ni+ is dominant in your BS system), i don't even know what type i'm reading. nearly everything except the dominant function is either the exact opposite of NiTe or just completely inapplicable (especially Si, Fe, Se). parts of the Ni are ok but they tend to place an inordinate emphasis on what i would call "side effects" of Ni rather than the underlying mental frameworks which constitute strong Ni.
    I agree with him here, generally. While not complete trash perhaps, it is definitely not suitable for a final cut.

    I also would not say easily that he is 100% NOT ILI.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  18. #18
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm pretty sure my profile is pretty accurate but believe what you want. I think you've got INTj and INTp backwards, as do most people on this forum. INTps are very slow and methodical when they do things. Its like someone pressed the slowmo button on the video recorder. INTps use the same logic as ENTjs, which is risky extraverted systematic introverted logic. The Si Fe and Fi descriptions are right too... theres a reason why an INTp fits in the solitary oldham type category. They tend to sulk with their need to be alone and sit around depressed often. Gamma is a depressed quadra, as is Beta. Both favor -Fi. I'm sorry but if you don't fit the Fi descriptions in the profile you probably aren't INTp. INTps tend to follow authority. Even Ganin got that right. The reason why they make such good duals with ESFps is because they have a need to explore the world and to have fun. The ESFp brings them out of solitary.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Courage

    I also would not say easily that he is 100% NOT ILI.
    you are referring here to hittas description, correct?

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    I'm pretty sure my profile is pretty accurate but believe what you want. I think you've got INTj and INTp backwards
    Face it already, it's just you who always has INTj and INTp backwards.

    I agree with niffweed, this INTp description is total crap. Except the Ni, Te, Si descriptions are about half correct.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  21. #21
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Um, I guarantee you that my knowledge of socionics is a hell of a lot better than yours. Every socionics descriptions from a decent socionist has the INTp described exactly as I've describe them. Read Gulenko instead of assuming that the rest of the board members know what an INTj and an INTp is.

  22. #22
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    That sounds real INTp-like.

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Um, I guarantee you that my knowledge of socionics is a hell of a lot better than yours. Every socionics descriptions from a decent socionist has the INTp described exactly as I've describe them. Read Gulenko instead of assuming that the rest of the board members know what an INTj and an INTp is.
    I guarantee that your knowledge of socionics is a joke.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  24. #24
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Um, I guarantee you that my knowledge of socionics is a hell of a lot better than yours. Every socionics descriptions from a decent socionist has the INTp described exactly as I've describe them. Read Gulenko instead of assuming that the rest of the board members know what an INTj and an INTp is.
    I guarantee that your knowledge of socionics is a joke.
    I guarantee you that you are meaningless.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Um, I guarantee you that my knowledge of socionics is a hell of a lot better than yours. Every socionics descriptions from a decent socionist has the INTp described exactly as I've describe them. Read Gulenko instead of assuming that the rest of the board members know what an INTj and an INTp is.
    I guarantee that your knowledge of socionics is a joke.
    I guarantee you that you are meaningless.
    I guarantee that your last sentence was meaningless.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  26. #26
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    And thats the answer I expected, your ESTp not INTp. NEXT!!!

  27. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    And thats the answer I expected, your ESTp not INTp. NEXT!!!
    And what if I don't fit your +/- descriptions of ESTp's at all?

    Is there actually anyone, who does fit your descriptions? No.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  28. #28
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    And thats the answer I expected, your ESTp not INTp. NEXT!!!
    And what if I don't fit your +/- descriptions of ESTp's at all?

    Is there actually anyone, who does fit your descriptions? No.
    Well now you're just making statements about things you don't understand. The +/- descriptions weren't created by me. They were created by Gulenko. I modified Model A, which does fit because I've observed it in every person I've ever met. You just don't have the mind to understand it because you are incapable of analyzing. You just blabber on and on about how people are wrong or whether or not they conform to your own views of things without actually looking at the situation with a analytical perspective. The +/- aspects are the opposite fundamentals in the same field of expertise. You have to be in one. Everyone does. The functions were created by Jung to map all of human characteristics. My model A fits every type description I've ever read from a known socionist. I think that the people here have their types reversed though and are too stupid to see it. Everyone just takes the other board members opinions and uses them as their own. You are incapable of developing your own independent idealizations on something.

  29. #29
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Is there actually anyone, who does fit your descriptions? No.
    I would imagine at the very least he would fit his own descriptions. That said, I find it kind of disturbing how you completely ignore most naysayers, hitta. I could see you thinking one or two people are off in their understanding, but when it gets to be more like twenty or more, don't you ever think, "hmm, maybe these people have a point?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  30. #30
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Is there actually anyone, who does fit your descriptions? No.
    I would imagine at the very least he would fit his own descriptions. That said, I find it kind of disturbing how you completely ignore most naysayers, hitta. I could see you thinking one or two people are off in their understanding, but when it gets to be more like twenty or more, don't you ever think, "hmm, maybe these people have a point?"
    Who else has said that?

  31. #31
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Is there actually anyone, who does fit your descriptions? No.
    I would imagine at the very least he would fit his own descriptions. That said, I find it kind of disturbing how you completely ignore most naysayers, hitta. I could see you thinking one or two people are off in their understanding, but when it gets to be more like twenty or more, don't you ever think, "hmm, maybe these people have a point?"
    Who else has said that?
    Who else has said what? That specific point? Warlord is probably the only one. I'm referring to the general practice I've noticed you using of dismissing people who disagree with you by saying stuff like "you're stupid," "your opinion doesn't matter," "you just can't wrap your mind around this," "you're just a mindless zombie, and don't think for yourself," etc instead of actually directly responding to their points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  32. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    You just don't have the mind to understand it because you are incapable of analyzing.
    Isn't it "weird" that I still manage to be succesful in field that's all about analytical thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    My model A fits every type description I've ever read from a known socionist. I think that the people here have their types reversed though and are too stupid to see it.
    Isn't it "weird" that these same people fit the original descriptions perfectly. But suddenly they just don't fit yours.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  33. #33
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Is there actually anyone, who does fit your descriptions? No.
    I would imagine at the very least he would fit his own descriptions. That said, I find it kind of disturbing how you completely ignore most naysayers, hitta. I could see you thinking one or two people are off in their understanding, but when it gets to be more like twenty or more, don't you ever think, "hmm, maybe these people have a point?"
    Who else has said that?
    Who else has said what? That specific point? Warlord is probably the only one. I'm referring to the general practice I've noticed you using of dismissing people who disagree with you by saying stuff like "you're stupid," "your opinion doesn't matter," "you just can't wrap your mind around this," "you're just a mindless zombie, and don't think for yourself," etc instead of actually directly responding to their points.
    Hey if someone would give a reason as to why its wrong then I'm all for it. But people just dismiss what someone else says as being "trash" or whatever without actually thinking it through and its sort of annoying. People just say its wrong, they do not give any indication why its wrong, and it makes me wonder if they even know why its wrong.

  34. #34
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    You just don't have the mind to understand it because you are incapable of analyzing.
    Isn't it "weird" that I still manage to be succesful in field that's all about analytical thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    My model A fits every type description I've ever read from a known socionist. I think that the people here have their types reversed though and are too stupid to see it.
    Isn't it "weird" that these same people fit the original descriptions perfectly. But suddenly they just don't fit yours.

    Um, the majority of people that think they know their type fit my descriptions.

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hitta, I'd really be very curious what type you think Niffweed is. He's the only person in this discussion whom I met personally, and he seems to fit Socionics conceptions of ILI much better than most.

    One thing that might help the conversation be more civil and productive here, though, is to admit that your system is different from traditional Socionics. So the real question is, what type is he in your system. Surely he's posted enough for you to have an opinion.

    As to the description, it's not as bad as I might have thought. It doesn't sound like a description of LII, so it's not as if you've merely flipped ILI and LII. However, quite a few things in the description sound more like LSI than ILI. This may be because you view LII as having T+ in the ego block, the very definition of Beta ST.

    Quite a number of things sound accurate, but as with most descriptions, many of the statements don't fit all or most ILIs.

    Here are some of the most problematic parts:

    INTps have a tendency to think in absolutes.
    This could be interpretated in two ways. If it means ILIs tend to believe that there is an absolute truth that needs to be discovered, I think this is true. If it means ILIs view things rigidly and fail to see the gray areas, I think it's actually the opposite of the truth.

    They usually make their decisions with things very quickly.
    Not necessarily true....often quite untrue, in fact...although some ILIs can be good at making quick decisions in certain contexts.

    They dislike people that rebel against the norms.
    Quite untrue, although certain kinds of boisterous, obnoxious behavior may irk them.

    won't be on their agenda to find good things to eat.
    Too much of a generalization. I thought you were against stereotyping, anyways...

    INTps tend to follow the norms and the rules of society.
    Most ILIs probably do try to live within certain ethical and legal rules, but they may be non-conformist in their own way. Actually, it all depends on what kinds of norms you're talking about.

    INTps always finish what they start. INTps have an immense amount of will to push themselves through boring and tedious tasks.
    This, especially the 2nd sentence, is the exact opposite of what is traditionally said in Socionics about ILIs, and also the opposite of countless observations. ILIs avoid boring and tedious tasks, and often leave things undone. I think it's true that ILIs have in mind to finish what they started, possibly meaning to finish things that are so old everybody else has forgotten about them. But the impression you give of someone who never leaves a task until it's completed is very far from how ILIs behave. Once interested in a task, ILIs will often perform a number of tedious tasks to get it done, and will probably have a clearer idea of what exactly needs to be done than others. But they don't have a particularly high tolerance for tedium; rather, they'll tend to think of shortcuts or ways to automate the process...which may be why a number of ILIs are programmers.

    They are usually not interested in other people's ideas. INTps do not like people that try to be different from societies standards. They tend to dislike people that are impulsive and do things without a methodical approach. INTps tend to dislike unaccepted ways. They usually only believe in the ways that are trusted and have been proven to work.
    Almost entirely untrue. ILIs criticize people's ideas because they're interested in them; they don't ignore other people's ideas. ILIs don't dislike impulsiveness, and in fact SEEs (and some ILIs) are impulsive. The idea that ILIs only believe in trusted/proven approaches is quite false. This may be more true of LSIs.

    INTps dislike the analytical approach to things. They tend to view things as being holistic. INTps do not like to break down things and view the parts as being individual pieces. INTps tend to only appreciate stereotypical logic in which systems are built with people and objects being placed into artificial categories.
    Quite untrue and opposite what many, even most, ILIs are like. Also, I think you have the wrong idea of what the 8th function is supposed to be like. In Socionics, the 8th function is often something one enjoys, sees as something fun, but not the "main deal." It's often used for criticism or correction of others. The idea that the 8th function merely represents a repudiation of various categories is a complete misunderstanding.

  36. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Um, the majority of people that think they know their type fit my descriptions.
    Just few minutes ago, the majority were stupid, and didn't
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  37. #37
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Um, the majority of people that think they know their type fit my descriptions.
    And where is this silent majority?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  38. #38
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Hitta, I'd really be very curious what type you think Niffweed is. He's the only person in this discussion whom I met personally, and he seems to fit Socionics conceptions of ILI much better than most.

    One thing that might help the conversation be more civil and productive here, though, is to admit that your system is different from traditional Socionics. So the real question is, what type is he in your system. Surely he's posted enough for you to have an opinion.

    As to the description, it's not as bad as I might have thought. It doesn't sound like a description of LII, so it's not as if you've merely flipped ILI and LII. However, quite a few things in the description sound more like LSI than ILI. This may be because you view LII as having T+ and Si- in the ego block, the very definition of Beta ST.

    Quite a number of things sound accurate, but as with most descriptions, many of the statements don't fit all or most ILIs.

    Here are some of the most problematic parts:

    INTps have a tendency to think in absolutes.
    This could be interpretated in two ways. If it means ILIs tend to believe that there is an absolute truth that needs to be discovered, I think this is true. If it means ILIs view things rigidly and fail to see the gray areas, I think it's actually the opposite of the truth.

    They usually make their decisions with things very quickly.
    Not necessarily true....often quite untrue, in fact...although some ILIs can be good at making quick decisions in certain contexts.

    They dislike people that rebel against the norms.
    Quite untrue, although certain kinds of boisterous, obnoxious behavior may irk them.

    won't be on their agenda to find good things to eat.
    Too much of a generalization. I thought you were against stereotyping, anyways...

    INTps tend to follow the norms and the rules of society.
    Most ILIs probably do try to live within certain ethical and legal rules, but they may be non-conformist in their own way. Actually, it all depends on what kinds of norms you're talking about.

    INTps always finish what they start. INTps have an immense amount of will to push themselves through boring and tedious tasks.
    This, especially the 2nd sentence, is the exact opposite of what is traditionally said in Socionics about ILIs, and also the opposite of countless observations. ILIs avoid boring and tedious tasks, and often leave things undone. I think it's true that ILIs have in mind to finish what they started, possibly meaning to finish things that are so old everybody else has forgotten about them. But the impression you give of someone who never leaves a task until it's completed is very far from how ILIs behave. Once interested in a task, ILIs will often perform a number of tedious tasks to get it done, and will probably have a clearer idea of what exactly needs to be done than others. But they don't have a particularly high tolerance for tedium; rather, they'll tend to think of shortcuts or ways to automate the process...which may be why a number of ILIs are programmers.

    They are usually not interested in other people's ideas. INTps do not like people that try to be different from societies standards. They tend to dislike people that are impulsive and do things without a methodical approach. INTps tend to dislike unaccepted ways. They usually only believe in the ways that are trusted and have been proven to work.
    Almost entirely untrue. ILIs criticize people's ideas because they're interested in them; they don't ignore other people's ideas. ILIs don't dislike impulsiveness, and in fact SEEs (and some ILIs) are impulsive. The idea that ILIs only believe in trusted/proven approaches is quite false. This may be more true of LSIs.

    INTps dislike the analytical approach to things. They tend to view things as being holistic. INTps do not like to break down things and view the parts as being individual pieces. INTps tend to only appreciate stereotypical logic in which systems are built with people and objects being placed into artificial categories.
    Quite untrue and opposite what many, even most, ILIs are like. Also, I think you have the wrong idea of what the 8th function is supposed to be like. In Socionics, the 8th function is often something one enjoys, sees as something fun, but not the "main deal." It's often used for criticism or correction of others. The idea that the 8th function merely represents a repudiation of various categories is a complete misunderstanding.
    You are mixing together INTjs and INTps.

  39. #39

    Default

    :wink:
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    ....
    You are mixing together INTjs and INTps.
    Not according to Augustinavichute and Filatova he isn't. But I suppose you know better, and have done better research on the matter :wink:
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  40. #40
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    :wink:
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    ....
    You are mixing together INTjs and INTps.
    Not according to Augustinavichute and Filatova he isn't. But I suppose you know better, and have done better research on the matter :wink:
    Quote something please.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •