I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Default Improving extraverted intuition Ne

For some reason I think my Extroverted Intuition died. At least, it seems to be a lot weaker than it used to be.

How do I expand it. What is a simple repeatable way to expand it?

This is evident, in getting completely confused by ENTp, and INTj's. And also, in having difficulties with seeing the big picture. Context is much smaller than it used to be.

Creepy-

Maybe your just a ESTp.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same problem here. I'm beginning to discover something that MIGHT help... but that might just work for me (or for ENFPs in general). No idea. Here's what sometimes helps:

Lots of times the cause is simply stress, or depression, or feeling too frustrated and not at all appreciated by anyone. Once I got picked on by someone with borderline personality disorder, and that was bad too. If my situation improves, then my Ne gets stronger as well.

Doing creative stuff. Doodling. Arranging my CDs according to their moods. Drawing. Freewriting. If I feel I've got enough time to do it and that I'm not under any pressure to produce something worthwhile, then usually it helps me strengthen my Ne, for some odd reason. (I don't think creativity = Ne, but in my own case there's some correlation.)

Being nerdy. For myself that means spending time reading and learning stuff about poetry, writing, Victorian Literature, typologies, and philosophy.

Writing, thinking or talking about theoretical, "philosophical" stuff.

And paradoxically doing something that requires lots functions OTHER THAN Ne. Doing small-talk about trifles, or learning technical stuff. It's like my intuition gets no outlet and becomes stronger and stronger because it isn't used.

Disclaimer: Might or might not help. Might or might not have sth. to do with Hope some of it helps. Life without sucks.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Same problem here. I'm beginning to discover something that MIGHT help... but that might just work for me (or for ENFPs in general). No idea. Here's what sometimes helps:

Lots of times the cause is simply stress, or depression, or feeling too frustrated and not at all appreciated by anyone. Once I got picked on by someone with borderline personality disorder, and that was bad too. If my situation improves, then my Ne gets stronger as well.

Doing creative stuff. Doodling. Arranging my CDs according to their moods. Drawing. Freewriting. If I feel I've got enough time to do it and that I'm not under any pressure to produce something worthwhile, then usually it helps me strengthen my Ne, for some odd reason. (I don't think creativity = Ne, but in my own case there's some correlation.)

Being nerdy. For myself that means spending time reading and learning stuff about poetry, writing, Victorian Literature, typologies, and philosophy.

Writing, thinking or talking about theoretical, "philosophical" stuff.

And paradoxically doing something that requires lots functions OTHER THAN Ne. Doing small-talk about trifles, or learning technical stuff. It's like my intuition gets no outlet and becomes stronger and stronger because it isn't used.

Disclaimer: Might or might not help. Might or might not have sth. to do with Hope some of it helps. Life without sucks.

MMM... YEAH!!!

New stufF!!!

I've been so fustrated, about other people dropping out .. and depriving me of intellectual stimulation.

For some reason when intuition starts to kick in, I just get really angry.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right. Depressive attitudes actually increase your focus on certain thoughts, thus you lose your extensity. You could even say that you are "introverting" more than you should.

A quick fix to this would probably be to lose focus on your life and start anew. Take a vacation, go to sleep, etc. You are probably stuck in a certain mindset and need to get out of it.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The second guest posting was mine (got logged out again).

Quote Originally Posted by Mercutio
    That's interesting. Same here. Maybe that's the reason why my Ne wilted and died... because it's my source of information about the world and I didn't want to see what it said. Not sure. But the facts point in that direction, because for me it works the other way round - once I face facts and get angry and/or sad, then afterwards my comes to life again. Weird. I never saw that connection till now.

New stufF!!!

I've been so fustrated, about other people dropping out .. and depriving me of intellectual stimulation.
    Intellectual stimulation feeds , doesn't it? As I got older I thought I should begin to deal with "real life" and stop wasting time with fruitless theories. Tried it. Sucks. I need to keep some theories as pets, feeding them and playing about with them occasionally, and then I've got enough energy to deal with the rest of reality.

New stuff helps too. For me that's taking a new route to work. Or doing cultural stuff you'd normally never do - like going to the theatre if you don't usually do it, or learn how to make sculptures, or watch a Bollywood movie, or read the diary of Pepys ("I watched Mr XY's execution today, and he looked as cheerful as one can expect to look on such an occasion").

I like walking round the shops or round the old part of town and taking whatever turning seems interesting. If a shop looks interesting, go in and look around for as long as I'm interested. Once I get bored, I leave and go someplace else that looks interesting. That's actually an exercise Lenore Thomson recommends for experiencing

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    The second guest posting was mine (got logged out again).

That's interesting. Same here. Maybe that's the reason why my Ne wilted and died... because it's my source of information about the world and I didn't want to see what it said. Not sure. But the facts point in that direction, because for me it works the other way round - once I face facts and get angry and/or sad, then afterwards my comes to life again. Weird. I never saw that connection till now.
    I don't know how I saw the connection. I think it was when people kept on telling me I was a bloody SP ... GOD FUCKING DAMNIT.

Yeah, I hate admitting it. But it's kind of like that for me too. It's "easier".

Err.. umm.. hmm.. It's just how much can ou take in one go?

New stufF!!!

Intellectual stimulation feeds , doesn't it? As I got older I thought I should begin to deal with "real life" and stop wasting time with fruitless theories. Tried it. Sucks. I need to keep some theories as pets, feeding them and playing about with them occasionally, and then I've got enough energy to deal with the rest of reality.
    [/quote]

Hmm...

New stuff helps too. For me that's taking a new route to work. Or doing cultural stuff you'd normally never do - like going to the theatre if you don't usually do it, or learn how to make sculptures, or watch a Bollywood movie, or read the diary of Pepys ("I watched Mr XY's execution today, and he looked as cheerful as one can expect to look on such an occasion").
    I do stuff like that a bit.

I like walking round the shops or round the old part of town and taking whatever turning seems interesting. If a shop looks interesting, go in and look around for as long as I'm interested. Once I get bored, I leave and go someplace else that looks interesting. That's actually an exercise Lenore Thomson recommends for experiencing
    I remember reading that - but I thought it was that, that was aout.

Okay... Mental note: Work on Ne! ))