Thread: INFp Type Description TheSocion.com!

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default INFp Type Description TheSocion.com!

INFp Profile

1.)-Ni/+Ne (directly ties in with function 7)
    INFps are extremely original. They crave to be different from the other people in the world. INFps do not like to do things in a orderly pattern. They often do things impulsively. INFps love to seek attention. They often attempt to make sure that everyone is seeing what they are doing so that they can be viewed as unique and original. INFps have a sense of fear about them. They tend to be afraid of all the possibilities in the world. They have a huge fear of death and the afterlife. They will often do things out of their way in order to protect themselves. INFps tend to have great worries about their past actions. They tend to think about the past all the time. This causes them to go into seclusion at times. They are also able to see an infinite amount of possible viewpoints. They have a very hard time making decisions with things. They tend to see every possible scenario that will happen in a given situation. INFps probably make up a large percent of the "Goth" crowd.

2.)+Fe/-Fi (directly ties in with function 8)
    INFps are very playful and loving with people. They are the world's romantics. They often try to open people up with a playful gesture. They are loving, caring, and gentle people. They show great amounts of physical intimacy. Also, they tend to distance themselves from the people that they've become intimate with especially when they find things that they do not like about the person. INFps tend to have a strong sense of hatred for people or things that they do not like. INFps tend to see the evil and the unkindness in the world and find a extreme distaste for it. INFps make great dramatic novelists and poets because of their ability to capture the sadness of the world. Often at times INFps distance themselves from the world. They will usually come out of this an be as original as ever though.

3.)-Si/+Se (directly ties in with function 5)
    INFps do not like authority. They tend to try to deviate from authorities rules. INFps have a hard time finishing things. They often feel as if they lack the will to carry on with their lives events. INFps have a disdain for wild lifestyles. INFps do not take care of themselves much in the hygienic area. They may not bathe or wash their hands as most people think that they should. They do not tend to notice the negative sensations to their body.

4.)+Te/-Ti (directly ties in with function 6)
    INFps tend to dislike analytical logic. They do not like to understand the individual parts of things or groups of people. They tend to only be able to view things as being part of a whole. INFps are not very economical. They tend to use money in a very uneconomical manner. If you were to give an INFp a large sum of money, they would go through it extremely quickly.

5.)-Se/+Si (directly ties in with function 3)
    INFps have a need to overthrow authority. This directly ties in with their originality. They are attention seeking, and do whatever is possible to be unique from the "rest of the crowd". INFp are extremely rebellious against authority figures. INFps love to be in a calm and stable environment. They love the taste of good food. INFps fear the end of life. They do not want their wonderful perceptions to come to an end. INFps have a need to stimulate themselves with positive sensations.

6.)+Ti/-Te (directly ties in with function 4)
    INFps have a need to group and stereotype things. They tend to see the assumptions in the world. They tend to see a little aspect of something and imply that it means that a certain scenario will happen. INFps like to be risky. They love gambling or spending away their money on objects in which they do not know whether or not the object have good prospects. An INFp may go through a million dollars in a week.

7.)-Ne/+Ni (directly ties in with function 1)
    INFps do not like normalness. They are disgusted by people that do not want to be original and unique. They believe in looking at all the realms and possibilities of things. They see things as approaching infinite. They believe that anything is truly possible. They do not like to be set in a certain line of thinking. They want to see all the viewpoints of things. INFps do not take their time with things. They tend to be quite impulsive.

8.)+Fi/-Fe (directly ties in with function 2)
    INFps do not like mean and rude people. They tend to want to love and caress. INFps have a hard time truly loving someone. They tend to show physical love, but they don't know how to feel compassion for someone. They tend to distance themselves because of their hatred or repulsion that they conjure up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. Most of this is pretty awful. Generalizations, exaggerations, stereotyping, needless repetitions.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Ugh. Most of this is pretty awful. Generalizations, exaggerations, stereotyping, needless repetitions.
    For some reason I think you're ENFp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Surprisingly I relate to a lot of it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Just because I find this description personally offensive? Ugh, again.

Really, reread this. The writing style is harsh, negatively skewed and barely literate. Any type written the same way would be filled with inaccuracies about any single person. Not to say that all of it is incorrect, but very myopic, and focuses needlessly on what I'd consider irrelevancies that aren't related to type: like gambling, and hygiene, etc.

I guess I'd have preferred something more eloquent.

Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Wow. Surprisingly I relate to a lot of it.
    Lol.... it still needs a little work.... I'll finish it up tonight.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Really, reread this. The writing style is harsh, negatively skewed and barely literate. Any type written the same way would be filled with inaccuracies about any single person. Not to say that all of it is incorrect, but very myopic, and focuses needlessly on what I'd consider irrelevancies that aren't related to type: like gambling, and hygiene, etc.

So says the ENFp ....... or INTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it captures the essence very well. It captures the elitism, the egoism, the lack of emotion, compassion, the prejudice, the recklessness, the irresponsibility and so on that I subdue in myself on a regular basis in order to function normally in society. To be honest if I were to truly be myself that's pretty much how I would be like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree.

On the bright side, it was a short read.
    IEI subtype

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    I think it captures the essence very well. It captures the elitism, the egoism, the lack of emotion, compassion, the prejudice, the recklessness, the irresponsibility and so on that I subdue in myself on a regular basis in order to function normally in society. To be honest if I were to truly be myself that's pretty much how I would be like.
    You don't think it's more than a bit oversimplistic?

I also have an inherent dislike of authority, but don't seek to overthrow it. I don't feel the need to be super-hygienic and am messy, but not a hygiene nightmare. I have little patience with analytical logic, (preferring intuitive thought process), but am able to manage money without being a total spendthrift. I do spend money on things others would consider unnecessary, but I don't like gambling. I'm not reckless in general and I don't really see that as typical IEI in other descriptions, nor necessarily specifically related to functions. I can be strongly repulsed and dislike rudeness and crudeness, but I don't generally "hate" (too strong a word), more like aversion and avoidance than active hate.

Like that. Shades of difference; some of these attributes seem too extreme to me.

This line's one of my faves: "An INFp may go through a million dollars in a week. "

What type can't if they had it to spend??

This one I agree with unequivocably: "INFps fear the end of life. They do not want their wonderful perceptions to come to an end. INFps have a need to stimulate themselves with positive sensations."

I'm terrified of nonbeing. My unique consciousness will be extinguished someday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I guess so. I don't know, perhaps it's just me then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this fits me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone tell me why hitta's posts make me laugh although i do not entirely 100% disagree with them either? i see the point, but it makes me burst into spontaneous laughter. i have absolutely no idea if this is serious or not.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    can anyone tell me why hitta's posts make me laugh although i do not entirely 100% disagree with them either? i see the point, but it makes me burst into spontaneous laughter. i have absolutely no idea if this is serious or not.
    could be a lot of things.. do you subconsciously find hitta absurd?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's pretty darned accurate. Obviously generalizations but they tend to be *generally* accurate.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a gift for description, so that even if the theory is questionable, people can see in the descriptiveness something that appeals to them.

One thing I have observed is that people I would think of INFp often actually want to fit in, whereas INTps are more inclined to not care that they're different. On the other hand, in your theory, INFps are against "normalness" and INTps for it.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INFp Type Description TheSocion.com!

Hmm... the more I think about it, the more I think I cannot be valuing.