Thread: Interdependency of functions: Why?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Interdependency of functions: Why?

Why does depend on , and vice versa?

Is there any information on the web explaining why these functions are interdependant on each other?

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, but it just sorta makes sense. If my prime mode is then I prefer Thinking/Logic over Feeling/Ethics, and Extroversion over Introversion. Therefore my weakest would be the opposite judging (or sensing) function both in terms of the function and its direction (E vs I). So for me that would be which is where my dependency is.

It's just like an automobile engine, where if an engineer tunes it for best performance at high RPM, its performance will probably suck at low RPM, and vice versa. Or take your typical airliner with a high speed high altitude wing design. Great for long flights at high altitude, but the efficiency of the wing flat out sucks at low speeds and altitudes. A Boeing 777 will climb circles around a 747, but the 747 is a lot faster speed wise. The 747 design trades off lift for speed, and the 777 goes for lift instead.

So a brain tuned for will suck at

Sorry for no scientific explanation or link, but at least in the engineering "law of tradeoffs" no matter what you do to improve a design in one area, you're guaranteed to be screwing it up someplace else, and it still appears to hold true even for our brains.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can always depend on Hugo to ask the questions I just can't seem to put into words.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learn towards the interpretation that the functions work so well together because they DON'T interact.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lean, not learn... ugh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddles
    I learn towards the interpretation that the functions work so well together because they DON'T interact.
    yeah.. and because functions like, Si and Ni, cannot coexsit, because they butt-heads if they try. The only form of intuition Si can live with without disrupting Si is Ne.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that they interact but that the product of their interaction is neutral.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dual functions are like two sides of the same coin

In summary:
    =
    =
    =
    =

Details:
    and are actually the same thing.

If you have a developed then your is automatically undeveloped. If your is developed then your is automatically undeveloped. They cannot be developed together. It's either one or the other.

As a result, a person with developed needs someone with developed .

A person with developed automatically suppresses in order for to actually develop and function.

Why does clash with or ?
    and are two side of the same coin. is on a seperate coin altogether.

What are your thoughts?

Pretty interesting. Why are certain functions on the same coin? Seems almost like a developmental decision-tree.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made a post a while ago called "observation related to the hidden agenda" or something of that nature in which I linked a comparatively underdeveloped creative function to a strong hidden agenda and a comparatively underdeveloped base function to a strong dual-seeking function. I think that your ideas in this post are completely correct and that the strength of one function will grow or diminish as the strength of the function that supports it grows or diminishes.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think this is anything new. It's just an interpretation of something that has already been said hundreds of times. A good interpretation, nonetheless.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell Demon
    Pretty interesting. Why are certain functions on the same coin? Seems almost like a developmental decision-tree.
    Think of an on/off switch. There are not two separate buttons. There is only one switch for two functions - switching on and switching off.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tempus
    I made a post a while ago called "observation related to the hidden agenda" or something of that nature in which I linked a comparatively underdeveloped creative function to a strong hidden agenda and a comparatively underdeveloped base function to a strong dual-seeking function. I think that your ideas in this post are completely correct and that the strength of one function will grow or diminish as the strength of the function that supports it grows or diminishes.
    Could you provide a link please. Thanks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I don't think this is anything new. It's just an interpretation of something that has already been said hundreds of times. A good interpretation, nonetheless.
    Could you provide a link of where it has already been said please. Thanks.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Could you provide a link of where it has already been said please. Thanks.
    I was speaking in general terms. And I 'm feeling kinda lazy and unmotivated to look up for a specific evidince.

Your Fe sucks, by the way
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, Hugo! I would hate the see the mug of the person's face you ripped off this time around! What a freak!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohh yeah, and I agree with the general premise ... but I am not sure if I agree that a person who has both and will not be able to develop both, just one becomes the creative function and one becomes the hidden agenda. Both can be developed over time, but not at the same time.

That is sort of why I think I am confused about whether I am alogical type or an ethical type. I have tried to develope both my and my at diffrent periods in my life and I have been confused as to what goes where. So, I am stuck somewhere between ENTp,ENFj, or INFp.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So how would you explain the functional analysis of the types? For example, an ENTP has NeTiFeSi. How would Fe be one of their active functions at all if what you say is true?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In socionics, ENTP (ILE) is Ne-Ti-Se-Fi.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Ohh yeah, and I agree with the general premise ... but I am not sure if I agree that a person who has both and will not be able to develop both, just one becomes the creative function and one becomes the hidden agenda. Both can be developed over time, but not at the same time.
    As I said, it's like an on/off switch. If is on, is off. And vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    That is sort of why I think I am confused about whether I am alogical type or an ethical type. I have tried to develope both my and my at diffrent periods in my life and I have been confused as to what goes where. So, I am stuck somewhere between ENTp,ENFj, or INFp.
    This should sort problem out:
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1789

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kevin Roberts statement

Does it have any significance with regards to (understanding) socionics, in particular with regards to and .

"Without emotion, rational thought slows and disintergrates. Our reason must have emotion to engage it."

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only that, but thinking ( ) is done a lot better in an environment that is not unstable ( ). There is also more benevolence (a desired ) associating with competency ( ).

I don’t know if Fe transfers emotion to other people. There is an effect on people when, say, an EXFj walks into the room. Is it because emotion is being transferred to other people? I am guessing that Fe creates a condition for others to activate a part of them (maybe Fi) that creates the condition of motivation.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius