Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: ditzy ILIs-INTps

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ditzy ILIs-INTps

    Has anyone ever known any?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  2. #2
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Define ditzy.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  3. #3
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i feel like that's a paradox... but umm... i can't even picture that haha weird...
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  4. #4
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    when the ILI shadow side comes out they act goofy, depends on what you want to call ditzy. Ditzy implies stupidity, so I would say no.
    INTp

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not stupid... just... suggestible, inconsistent opinions, seeing no reason to come to conclusions on a lot of things, talking mostly about trivial stuff, etc.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,338
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Not stupid... just... suggestible, inconsistent opinions, seeing no reason to come to conclusions on a lot of things, talking mostly about trivial stuff, etc.
    oh, you're asking if an ILI can be XEE? :wink:
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  7. #7
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Not stupid... just... suggestible, inconsistent opinions, seeing no reason to come to conclusions on a lot of things, talking mostly about trivial stuff, etc.
    oh, you're asking if an ILI can be XEE? :wink:
    ouch
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  8. #8
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the only way that i guess INTp's can be seen as ditzy could be how they're pretty much unaware of what's going on around them.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    the only way that i guess INTp's can be seen as ditzy could be how they're pretty much unaware of what's going on around them.
    thats actually what i was thinking.

  10. #10
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    the only way that i guess INTp's can be seen as ditzy could be how they're pretty much unaware of what's going on around them.
    thats actually what i was thinking.
    niffweed! we just agreed on something! YAY!!!!!!!!!

    aren't you proud of us starting to mesh as duals?!?!

    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    the only way that i guess INTp's can be seen as ditzy could be how they're pretty much unaware of what's going on around them.
    thats actually what i was thinking.
    aren't you proud of us starting to mesh as duals?!?!
    to the extent that i see evidence of that (as which this does not remotely qualify), no; proud is not exactly how i would describe it.

  12. #12
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    the only way that i guess INTp's can be seen as ditzy could be how they're pretty much unaware of what's going on around them.
    thats actually what i was thinking.
    aren't you proud of us starting to mesh as duals?!?!
    to the extent that i see evidence of that (as which this does not remotely qualify), no; proud is not exactly how i would describe it.
    haha well u shud be- you're one lucky mo fo :wink:
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive

    haha well u shud be- you're one lucky mo fo :wink:

    for what? the way i see it, i haven't won any nobel prizes, reinvented the sewing machine, been bludgeoned to martyrdom by enraged fundamentalist shintos, or been elected senator of north dakota. my life is a complete failure.

  14. #14
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive

    haha well u shud be- you're one lucky mo fo :wink:

    for what? the way i see it, i haven't won any nobel prizes, reinvented the sewing machine, been bludgeoned to martyrdom by enraged fundamentalist shintos, or been elected senator of north dakota. my life is a complete failure.
    haha how ditzy of you ILI... i meant ure lucky you're my dual cuz im the shit
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive

    haha well u shud be- you're one lucky mo fo :wink:

    for what? the way i see it, i haven't won any nobel prizes, reinvented the sewing machine, been bludgeoned to martyrdom by enraged fundamentalist shintos, or been elected senator of north dakota. my life is a complete failure.
    haha how ditzy of you ILI... i meant ure lucky you're my dual cuz im the shit
    Welcome to the city of Thamesis, capital to a kingdom divided....

    Once the seat of power for an ancient, all-powerful monarchy, much of Thamesis is now run by the influential Britomart Corporation who use their seductive psychic technology to exert control.

    It has become a city of torn loyalties as its inhabitants choose between life as a subject of the Crown or a Citizen of the Britomart.

    Meanwhile down in the inner city streets, beyond the reach of either power, dangerous outlaws have successfully hacked Britomart's technology for their own gain, boosting its power exponentially. Some use it only to escape their daily grind while others maliciously spread terror on the streets.

    As the city plunges towards civil war, can anyone bring order to the streets of Thamesis?

    Episode 5:

    The fate of Albion now lies in the hands of the boy-king Jonathan of the Rose. The events of today will change his life forever.

  16. #16
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive

    haha well u shud be- you're one lucky mo fo :wink:

    for what? the way i see it, i haven't won any nobel prizes, reinvented the sewing machine, been bludgeoned to martyrdom by enraged fundamentalist shintos, or been elected senator of north dakota. my life is a complete failure.
    haha how ditzy of you ILI... i meant ure lucky you're my dual cuz im the shit
    Welcome to the city of Thamesis, capital to a kingdom divided....

    Once the seat of power for an ancient, all-powerful monarchy, much of Thamesis is now run by the influential Britomart Corporation who use their seductive psychic technology to exert control.

    It has become a city of torn loyalties as its inhabitants choose between life as a subject of the Crown or a Citizen of the Britomart.

    Meanwhile down in the inner city streets, beyond the reach of either power, dangerous outlaws have successfully hacked Britomart's technology for their own gain, boosting its power exponentially. Some use it only to escape their daily grind while others maliciously spread terror on the streets.

    As the city plunges towards civil war, can anyone bring order to the streets of Thamesis?

    Episode 5:

    The fate of Albion now lies in the hands of the boy-king Jonathan of the Rose. The events of today will change his life forever.
    i don't feel like trying to interpret that. just speak it out for me? my is weak and it hurts trying to figure this out.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    don't think about it too hard. remember, it's the thought that counts.

  18. #18
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    don't think about it too hard. remember, it's the thought that counts.
    haha stooooooooooooop. just tell me.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive

    haha stooooooooooooop. just tell me.
    fine.

    the following program doesn't work; there's something wrong with the latter part of calcModes()

    Code:
    import java.io.*;
    import java.util.*;
    import cs1.Keyboard;
    
    public class stats {
    
        private int numGrades;
        private double avg;
        private double stDev;
        private double var; //variance
        private int[] modes;
        private int[] grades;
        private static boolean anyGrades = false;
        private int maxGrade;
    
        public void calcAvg() {
            if (anyGrades) {
                int sum = 0;
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < grades.length; i++&#41; &#123;
    
                int sum = 0;
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < grades.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                    sum = sum + grades&#91;i&#93;;
                &#125;
                avg = &#40;double&#41; sum / &#40;double&#41; grades.length;
            &#125;
            else &#123;&#125;
        &#125;
    
        public double getAvg&#40;&#41; &#123;
            return avg;
        &#125;
    
        public void calcStDev&#40;&#41; &#123;
            if &#40;anyGrades&#41; &#123;
                var = 0;
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < grades.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                    var += &#40;&#40;avg - grades&#91;i&#93;&#41; * &#40;avg - grades&#91;i&#93;&#41;&#41;;
                &#125;
                var = Math.sqrt&#40;var&#41;;
                stDev = var / grades.length;
              var = Math.sqrt&#40;var&#41;;
                stDev = var / grades.length;
            &#125;
            else&#123;&#125;
        &#125;
    
        public double getStDev&#40;&#41; &#123;
            return stDev;
        &#125;
    
        public void calcModes&#40;&#41; &#123;
            if &#40;anyGrades&#41; &#123;
    
                int&#91;&#93; tally = new int&#91;maxGrade + 1&#93;;
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < grades.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                    tally&#91;grades&#91;i&#93;&#93; += 1;
                &#125;
    
                modes = new int&#91;1&#93;;
                modes&#91;0&#93; = 0;
                int numNewModes = 0;
              modes&#91;0&#93; = 0;
                int numNewModes = 0;
    
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < tally.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                    if &#40;tally&#91;i&#93; > tally&#91;modes&#91;0&#93;&#93;&#41; &#123;
                        this.resetModes&#40;&#41;;
                        numNewModes = 0;
                        modes&#91;0&#93; = tally&#91;i&#93;;
                    &#125;
                    else if &#40;tally&#91;i&#93; == tally&#91;modes&#91;0&#93;&#93;&#41; &#123;
                        numNewModes++;
                    &#125;
                &#125;
    
                this.expandModes&#40;numNewModes&#41;;
    
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < tally.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                    if &#40;tally&#91;i&#93; > tally&#91;modes&#91;0&#93;&#93;&#41; &#123;
                        System.out.println&#40;"You shouldn't see this.  Summats up"&#41;;
                    &#125;
                    else if &#40;tally&#91;i&#93; == tally&#91;modes&#91;0&#93;&#93;&#41; &#123;
                  &#125;
                    else if &#40;tally&#91;i&#93; == tally&#91;modes&#91;0&#93;&#93;&#41; &#123;
                        modes&#91;modes.length - numNewModes&#93; = i;
                        numNewModes--;
                    &#125;
                &#125;
            &#125;
        &#125;
    
        private void resetModes&#40;&#41; &#123;
            int&#91;&#93; newModes = new int&#91;1&#93;;
            modes = newModes;
        &#125;
    
        private void expandModes&#40;int n&#41; &#123;
            int&#91;&#93; newModes = new int&#91;modes.length + n&#93;;
            for &#40;int i = 0; i < modes.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                newModes&#91;i&#93; = modes&#91;i&#93;;
            &#125;
            modes = newModes;
        &#125;
    
        public int&#91;&#93; getModes&#40;&#41; &#123;
            return modes;
        &#125;
    
        public void setGrades&#40;&#41; &#123;
            System.out.println&#40;"Enter number of grades to be entered."&#41;;
    
            maxGrade = 100;
    
           numGrades = Keyboard.readInt&#40;&#41;;
    
            if &#40;numGrades <= 0&#41; &#123;
                System.out.println&#40;"Get real."&#41;;
            &#125;
    
            if &#40;numGrades > 20&#41; &#123;
                System.out.println&#40;"For the purposes of testing this program, you h\
    ave inputted too many grades."&#41;;
            &#125;
    
            else &#123;
                grades = new int&#91;numGrades&#93;;
                anyGrades = true;
                int i = 0;
                int gradeOK;
    
               while &#40;i < grades.length&#41; &#123;//this needs to remain a while loop
                    //rather than a for loop so it can customize when to iterate
                    System.out.println&#40;"Enter grade"&#41;;
                    gradeOK = Keyboard.readInt&#40;&#41;;
                    if &#40;0 <= gradeOK && gradeOK <= maxGrade&#41; &#123;
                        grades&#91;i&#93; = gradeOK;
                        i++;
                    &#125;
                    else &#123;
                        System.out.println&#40;"Invalid grade.  Enter another."&#41;;
                    &#125;
                &#125;
            &#125;
        &#125;
    
        public String toString&#40;&#41; &#123;
            String s = "";
            for &#40;int i = 0; i < grades.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                s += "Grade " + &#40;i+1&#41; + " is " + grades&#91;i&#93; + "\n";
    
            &#125;
            s += "The average grade is " + avg + "\n";
            s += "The population standard deviation is " + stDev + "\n";
            if &#40;modes.length == 1&#41; &#123;
                s += "The mode is " + modes&#91;0&#93;;
            &#125;
            else&#123;
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < modes.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                    s += "Mode " + &#40;i+1&#41; + " is " + modes&#91;i&#93; + "\n";
                &#125;
            &#125;
            return s;
        &#125;
    
        public static void main&#40;String&#91;&#93; args&#41; &#123;
            stats x = new stats&#40;&#41;;
            x.setGrades&#40;&#41;;
    
            if &#40;anyGrades&#41; &#123;
                x.calcAvg&#40;&#41;;
                x.calcStDev&#40;&#41;;
                x.calcModes&#40;&#41;;
                System.out.println&#40;x&#41;;
            &#125;
        &#125;
    &#125;

    the secret to understanding my above comments lies in why this code doesn't work. tell me why it doesn't work. then you shall truly be enlightened.

  20. #20
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive

    haha stooooooooooooop. just tell me.
    fine.

    the following program doesn't work; there's something wrong with the latter part of calcModes()

    Code:
    import java.io.*;
    import java.util.*;
    import cs1.Keyboard;
    
    public class stats &#123;
    
        private int numGrades;
        private double avg;
        private double stDev;
        private double var; //variance
        private int&#91;&#93; modes;
        private int&#91;&#93; grades;
        private static boolean anyGrades = false;
        private int maxGrade;
    
        public void calcAvg&#40;&#41; &#123;
            if &#40;anyGrades&#41; &#123;
                int sum = 0;
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < grades.length; i++&#41; &#123;
    
                int sum = 0;
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < grades.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                    sum = sum + grades&#91;i&#93;;
                &#125;
                avg = &#40;double&#41; sum / &#40;double&#41; grades.length;
            &#125;
            else &#123;&#125;
        &#125;
    
        public double getAvg&#40;&#41; &#123;
            return avg;
        &#125;
    
        public void calcStDev&#40;&#41; &#123;
            if &#40;anyGrades&#41; &#123;
                var = 0;
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < grades.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                    var += &#40;&#40;avg - grades&#91;i&#93;&#41; * &#40;avg - grades&#91;i&#93;&#41;&#41;;
                &#125;
                var = Math.sqrt&#40;var&#41;;
                stDev = var / grades.length;
              var = Math.sqrt&#40;var&#41;;
                stDev = var / grades.length;
            &#125;
            else&#123;&#125;
        &#125;
    
        public double getStDev&#40;&#41; &#123;
            return stDev;
        &#125;
    
        public void calcModes&#40;&#41; &#123;
            if &#40;anyGrades&#41; &#123;
    
                int&#91;&#93; tally = new int&#91;maxGrade + 1&#93;;
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < grades.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                    tally&#91;grades&#91;i&#93;&#93; += 1;
                &#125;
    
                modes = new int&#91;1&#93;;
                modes&#91;0&#93; = 0;
                int numNewModes = 0;
              modes&#91;0&#93; = 0;
                int numNewModes = 0;
    
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < tally.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                    if &#40;tally&#91;i&#93; > tally&#91;modes&#91;0&#93;&#93;&#41; &#123;
                        this.resetModes&#40;&#41;;
                        numNewModes = 0;
                        modes&#91;0&#93; = tally&#91;i&#93;;
                    &#125;
                    else if &#40;tally&#91;i&#93; == tally&#91;modes&#91;0&#93;&#93;&#41; &#123;
                        numNewModes++;
                    &#125;
                &#125;
    
                this.expandModes&#40;numNewModes&#41;;
    
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < tally.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                    if &#40;tally&#91;i&#93; > tally&#91;modes&#91;0&#93;&#93;&#41; &#123;
                        System.out.println&#40;"You shouldn't see this.  Summats up"&#41;;
                    &#125;
                    else if &#40;tally&#91;i&#93; == tally&#91;modes&#91;0&#93;&#93;&#41; &#123;
                  &#125;
                    else if &#40;tally&#91;i&#93; == tally&#91;modes&#91;0&#93;&#93;&#41; &#123;
                        modes&#91;modes.length - numNewModes&#93; = i;
                        numNewModes--;
                    &#125;
                &#125;
            &#125;
        &#125;
    
        private void resetModes&#40;&#41; &#123;
            int&#91;&#93; newModes = new int&#91;1&#93;;
            modes = newModes;
        &#125;
    
        private void expandModes&#40;int n&#41; &#123;
            int&#91;&#93; newModes = new int&#91;modes.length + n&#93;;
            for &#40;int i = 0; i < modes.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                newModes&#91;i&#93; = modes&#91;i&#93;;
            &#125;
            modes = newModes;
        &#125;
    
        public int&#91;&#93; getModes&#40;&#41; &#123;
            return modes;
        &#125;
    
        public void setGrades&#40;&#41; &#123;
            System.out.println&#40;"Enter number of grades to be entered."&#41;;
    
            maxGrade = 100;
    
           numGrades = Keyboard.readInt&#40;&#41;;
    
            if &#40;numGrades <= 0&#41; &#123;
                System.out.println&#40;"Get real."&#41;;
            &#125;
    
            if &#40;numGrades > 20&#41; &#123;
                System.out.println&#40;"For the purposes of testing this program, you h\
    ave inputted too many grades."&#41;;
            &#125;
    
            else &#123;
                grades = new int&#91;numGrades&#93;;
                anyGrades = true;
                int i = 0;
                int gradeOK;
    
               while &#40;i < grades.length&#41; &#123;//this needs to remain a while loop
                    //rather than a for loop so it can customize when to iterate
                    System.out.println&#40;"Enter grade"&#41;;
                    gradeOK = Keyboard.readInt&#40;&#41;;
                    if &#40;0 <= gradeOK && gradeOK <= maxGrade&#41; &#123;
                        grades&#91;i&#93; = gradeOK;
                        i++;
                    &#125;
                    else &#123;
                        System.out.println&#40;"Invalid grade.  Enter another."&#41;;
                    &#125;
                &#125;
            &#125;
        &#125;
    
        public String toString&#40;&#41; &#123;
            String s = "";
            for &#40;int i = 0; i < grades.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                s += "Grade " + &#40;i+1&#41; + " is " + grades&#91;i&#93; + "\n";
    
            &#125;
            s += "The average grade is " + avg + "\n";
            s += "The population standard deviation is " + stDev + "\n";
            if &#40;modes.length == 1&#41; &#123;
                s += "The mode is " + modes&#91;0&#93;;
            &#125;
            else&#123;
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < modes.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                    s += "Mode " + &#40;i+1&#41; + " is " + modes&#91;i&#93; + "\n";
                &#125;
            &#125;
            return s;
        &#125;
    
        public static void main&#40;String&#91;&#93; args&#41; &#123;
            stats x = new stats&#40;&#41;;
            x.setGrades&#40;&#41;;
    
            if &#40;anyGrades&#41; &#123;
                x.calcAvg&#40;&#41;;
                x.calcStDev&#40;&#41;;
                x.calcModes&#40;&#41;;
                System.out.println&#40;x&#41;;
            &#125;
        &#125;
    &#125;

    the secret to understanding my above comments lies in why this code doesn't work. tell me why it doesn't work. then you shall truly be enlightened.
    ure mean and my hidden agenda is crying and screaming for attention.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    (disclaimer: there may be spots in that code where i unintentionally copied sets of two lines twice. ignore these instances.)

  22. #22
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    (disclaimer: there may be spots in that code where i unintentionally copied sets of two lines twice. ignore these instances.)
    i think ure overcompensating from the ditzy comment before hehe
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    damn. i just changed it back to a more inefficient solution but now i think i know the problem. LKJSDLK:FJ:LKJAKLJDLKASJLKJSDFJ;KKL

  24. #24

    Default

    The problem is that you use java :wink:
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  25. #25
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    damn. i just changed it back to a more inefficient solution but now i think i know the problem. LKJSDLK:FJ:LKJAKLJDLKASJLKJSDFJ;KKL
    i think ure just trying to not make sense on purpose... just admit i was right and it'll all be good.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    damn. i just changed it back to a more inefficient solution but now i think i know the problem. LKJSDLK:FJ:LKJAKLJDLKASJLKJSDFJ;KKL
    i think ure just trying to not make sense on purpose... just admit i was right and it'll all be good.
    me? not make sense? how absurdly preposterous! the perspicuity of such an innidiation is truly allative.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    damn. i just changed it back to a more inefficient solution but now i think i know the problem. LKJSDLK:FJ:LKJAKLJDLKASJLKJSDFJ;KKL
    i think ure just trying to not make sense on purpose... just admit i was right and it'll all be good.
    that was actually a real comment ftr. i did subsequently find the problem; i initially set modes[0] = tally[i] instead of modes[0] = i whenever tally[i] was greater than tally[modes[0]], thus setting the mode equal to the frequency of the mode rather than the mode itself. since the mode was used in further calculations this generated errors. stupid mistake.

  28. #28
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    damn. i just changed it back to a more inefficient solution but now i think i know the problem. LKJSDLK:FJ:LKJAKLJDLKASJLKJSDFJ;KKL
    i think ure just trying to not make sense on purpose... just admit i was right and it'll all be good.
    that was actually a real comment ftr. i did subsequently find the problem; i initially set modes[0] = tally[i] instead of modes[0] = i whenever tally[i] was greater than tally[modes[0]], thus setting the mode equal to the frequency of the mode rather than the mode itself. since the mode was used in further calculations this generated errors. stupid mistake.
    o ok that clears it all up for me. Thanks.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  29. #29
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, I think I know a very good example of a ditzy ILI. He does talk about trivial matters all the time, acts goofy as a natural means of covering up his absolute awkwardness with expression. He finds very grade-school things funny, if you know what I mean ... otherwise he is very placid, robotic, "dead"-like and comes off like a dork, in general. Most people would just describe him as "weird" and yes, they would be right. Very childish and never makes any intellectual comments of any sort when people are conversing heatedly about a topic - it's like his opinions are never his own or he just keeps them to himself. When he does speak though, it comes off so weak and almost making no sense. It's like he has been sheltered somehow and the words he spurts out are just some notion he believes to be true because he "read it somewhere" ... guhhh. I must admit he is good with creative things, natural with mechanics and technology like graphing calculators and generally boring things like that. Otherwise, he plays video games too much, doesn't go out and yeah... I'm gonna stop now because this ILI really annoys me.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  30. #30
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Not stupid... just... suggestible, inconsistent opinions, seeing no reason to come to conclusions on a lot of things, talking mostly about trivial stuff, etc.
    oh, you're asking if an ILI can be XEE? :wink:
    That's exactly what I was thinking.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •