View Poll Results: What type do you think I am?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE

    2 4.08%
  • SEI

    4 8.16%
  • ESE

    2 4.08%
  • LII

    4 8.16%
  • SLE

    1 2.04%
  • IEI

    14 28.57%
  • EIE

    5 10.20%
  • LSI

    3 6.12%
  • SEE

    2 4.08%
  • ILI

    4 8.16%
  • LIE

    1 2.04%
  • ESI

    1 2.04%
  • IEE

    2 4.08%
  • SLI

    2 4.08%
  • LSE

    1 2.04%
  • EII

    1 2.04%
Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: Type perception

  1. #1
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Type perception

    To be clear, this is not a type discussion, I just want to see the general opinion of what my type is. As a member of the "community" I want to see how "valid" "community typings" are.

  2. #2
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not sure what to make of you.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  3. #3
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good lord Joy, did you vote for *both* EIE and SLI?

  4. #4
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Like I said, I'm not sure what to make of you. I voted for all but the types I can't see you as.

    Your interactions with me are similar to my interactions with kristiina and more so heath, oddly enough. The only Alpha I could see you as is ILE (though I guess LII could work), I don't think you're SLE, we misunderstand each other WAY too much for you to have the same quadra values I do (not that people of the same quadra can't misunderstand each other, but the way you assume that I have such different motivations than I do and the absurd level of miscommunication between us is beyond the types of misunderstandings that people who have the same quadra values should have).
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  5. #5
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I don't think you're SLE, we misunderstand each other WAY too much for you to have the same quadra values I do
    Since when did you start claiming you're beta?

  6. #6
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    The only Alpha I could see you as is ILE (though I guess LII could work), I don't think you're SLE, and we misunderstand each other WAY too much for you to have the same quadra values I do (not that people of the same quadra can't misunderstand each other, but the way you assume that I have such different motivations than I do and the absurd level of miscommunication between us is beyond the types of misunderstandings that people who have the same quadra values should have).
    typo... there should have been an "and" in there
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  7. #7
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm in love with your avatar.

    I think you are strong in the .

    I think you are either IEI or ILI.

    You seem to think you're IEI.

    You also mentioned using to analyze. I am very, very curious about what you mean by that.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ti quadra is as far as i'm prepared to say.

  9. #9
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In spite of what I said earlier, if you were LSI, a lot of things would make sense... and my saying that is based less on our interactions and more on my observations of your overall behavior (probably a better way to go about typing lol). Not that I think you are LSI... it's just a thought. You're someone who it's very difficult to get a feel of via broadband. Have you ever made a video? Or even posted a voice recording or a pic? A video would be extremely helpful.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  10. #10
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    snegledmaca, can you describe the course of a typical day for you? What do you do in your downtime? If someone of equal ranking/position comes up to you and is mad and bitching at you about an issue for which neither of you is clearly in the wrong, what do you do? What if they're clearly in the wrong? What if you realize you were wrong? What's the best compliment someone could give you?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  11. #11
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Have you ever made a video? Or even posted a voice recording or a pic? A video would be extremely helpful.
    Nope and won't. Sorry.

    I don't see this as a discussion on my type but I will indulge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    snegledmaca, can you describe the course of a typical day for you?
    For the most part do as I please. I'm a student. Right now I'm in the middle of my exams so I'm studying as well as goofing around. My typical day consists of eating, sleeping, going to and being in college and indulging in my pleasurable activities.

    What do you do in your downtime?
    Work on my theories, waste time on the net, play computer games, go out/have fun with friends.

    If someone of equal ranking/position comes up to you and is mad and bitching at you about an issue for which neither of you is clearly in the wrong, what do you do?
    Try to reason with them. If that fails walk away. I don't need that kind of shit in my life and if I can avoid it I will.

    What if they're clearly in the wrong?
    If pissed make them regret being born through tearing their stances and issues apart. Exposing them for the retarded illogical idiots that they are. But be very, very, very careful to avoid a fight. If it gets to that stage I'd walk away. As much as I would like to see them suffer I won't compromise my comfort. If in a good mood try to find a compromise to please them. Then after "tenderizing" them with false expressions of understanding and conceding try to change their views. If they are still a brick wall mark them as "faulty" and avoid them in the future.

    What if you realize you were wrong?
    Become vulnerable, ashamed for being wrong, watch out for blood sucking, rubbing it in, the sadistic behavior traits, and if they happen to pounce on me continuing the fight but now with accusations of the other person being a sadistic psychopath. If that doesn't happen, if the other person doesn't go for the overkill I revise everything I'm wrong about guided by the other person. But this is in case of a heated fight. In a cold discussion I merely revise myself and the other person whenever one of us is wrong. This ranges from correcting little imprecision's in expression to deep seeded core convictions. Of course deep seeded core convictions take a long time to be revised and that does not happen in the course on one conversation. Personally if one of mine turn out to be wrong, I withdraw to thoroughly asses how and why could I have been so wrong. A lot of self reexamining.

    What's the best compliment someone could give you?
    I like it when people complement me on some inherent trait, strength I have that I only wished, hoped I have. I like that a lot. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

  12. #12
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From that I'd say you have weak Se and are probably introverted. I also think you value Ti > Te. And from what you wrote... it almost sounds like you don't value Se.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  13. #13
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    it almost sounds like you don't value Se.
    Well I don't. Not the way it's described anyway. As aggression, force. I'm repelled by those things. I avoid people who are aggressive and forceful (And loud and primitive. These things kinda go together).

  14. #14
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i was struck by your seeming natural ability to understand my post about triangle + egg. i'd be interested to hear your defense for IEI. how do you see Fe manifest as creative function in your life?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  15. #15
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    it almost sounds like you don't value Se.
    Well I don't. Not the way it's described anyway. As aggression, force. I'm repelled by those things. I avoid people who are aggressive and forceful (And loud and primitive. These things kinda go together).
    Have you ever considered LII?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  16. #16
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    how do you see Fe manifest as creative function in your life?
    Well, I'm the goofy guy that everybody likes. The clown. I'm "wacky" people say. They also comment how I'm just like Mr. Bean or Kramer or some such zany, whacked out character. I also have a natural ability to avoid conflict and people and situations that cause it. I can see how my actions and those of others will reflect on the course of the conversation. I can steer a situation away from a conflict long before a conflict is on the horizon. I can sort of maintain a peaceful interaction between people who would otherwise conflict. All in all my strength is maintaining an environment free of conflict either through my acting silly to alleviate the negative energy present or thought not allowing it to develop or both.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Have you ever considered LII?
    Never. Nor will. My mother is ESE. I'm not alpha.

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    how do you see Fe manifest as creative function in your life?
    Well, I'm the goofy guy that everybody likes. The clown. I'm "wacky" people say. They also comment how I'm just like Mr. Bean or Kramer or some such zany, whacked out character. I also have a natural ability to avoid conflict and people and situations that cause it. I can see how my actions and those of others will reflect on the course of the conversation. I can steer a situation away from a conflict long before a conflict is on the horizon. I can sort of maintain a peaceful interaction between people who would otherwise conflict. All in all my strength is maintaining an environment free of conflict either through my acting silly to alleviate the negative energy present or thought not allowing it to develop or both.
    This is a much better description of the LII I was with than it is of any of the IEI's I know, fwiw.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Have you ever considered LII?
    Never. Nor will. My mother is ESE. I'm not alpha.
    oic

    What is it about alpha that you don't relate to? Other than your mom.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  19. #19
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    how do you see Fe manifest as creative function in your life?
    Well, I'm the goofy guy that everybody likes. The clown. I'm "wacky" people say. They also comment how I'm just like Mr. Bean or Kramer or some such zany, whacked out character. I also have a natural ability to avoid conflict and people and situations that cause it. I can see how my actions and those of others will reflect on the course of the conversation. I can steer a situation away from a conflict long before a conflict is on the horizon. I can sort of maintain a peaceful interaction between people who would otherwise conflict. All in all my strength is maintaining an environment free of conflict either through my acting silly to alleviate the negative energy present or thought not allowing it to develop or both.
    what kind of conflict (if any) do you welcome /tolerate (assuming it's the emotional kind you do not tolerate)? and how do you tell the difference?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  20. #20
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    What is it about alpha that you don't relate to? Other than your mom.
    Lol, funny.

    Hmm, do you mean with the quadra description or with LII, SEI, ESE and ILE?

  21. #21
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  22. #22
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    what kind of conflict (if any) do you welcome /tolerate (assuming it's the emotional kind you do not tolerate)?
    The one that is on my side? The one I control? Generally a conflict of issues/opinions I welcome, but I call it a discussion. Hmm, I just don't like the conflict with the insulting, fighting and that stuff. Intolerance and close mindedness. That stuff.

    and how do you tell the difference?
    I can tell the difference the moment the person becomes irrational.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    From that I'd say you have weak Se and are probably introverted. I also think you value Ti > Te. And from what you wrote... it almost sounds like you don't value Se.
    No, it sounds like he doesn't go looking for fights, and is Fe.
    Lol, yeah. Looking for fights is precisely the thing I try to avoid.

  23. #23
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    what kind of conflict (if any) do you welcome /tolerate (assuming it's the emotional kind you do not tolerate)?
    The one that is on my side? The one I control? Generally a conflict of issues I welcome, but I call it a discussion. Hmm, I just don't like the conflict with the insulting, fighting and that stuff. Intolerance and close mindedness. That stuff.
    right. i never understand the nuances of an argument like that. and i hate when people try to intervene for euphemistic purposes.

    my brother (not sure of his type although he claims INTJ myers briggs and is married to a definite ESFJ) very much needs to stay conflict-free and while he will not entirely avoid another's conflict, he will sit and observe while doing something else, sort of as a way to monitor the situation and prevent loss of control. he will sometimes offer his mediation/analysis. when my mother and i would argue (we did often), and it would become heated, my brother would usually stay quiet but after awhile would adopt a victimized look onto his face. then he'd tell me/mom to be nice or to consider something he was thinking about....pissed me off because he hardly ever really understood the nature of the argument but just couldn't stand the rawness. seemed that the harshness of my words bothered him and that he would have preferred the same message, euphemised. this i do not go for unless it is necessary to keep the peace for some reason such as functioning in the workplace.


    [quote="snegledmaca"]I can tell the difference the moment the person becomes irrational./quote]
    i see, but it's a bit tricky to determine the line between rational and irrational behavior. some people can argue, even passionately, without becoming irrational.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  24. #24
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    my brother (not sure of his type although he claims INTJ myers briggs and is married to a definite ESFJ) very much needs to stay conflict-free and while he will not entirely avoid another's conflict, he will sit and observe while doing something else, sort of as a way to monitor the situation and prevent loss of control. he will sometimes offer his mediation/analysis. when my mother and i would argue (we did often), and it would become heated, my brother would usually stay quiet but after awhile would adopt a victimized look onto his face. then he'd tell me/mom to be nice or to consider something he was thinking about....pissed me off because he hardly ever really understood the nature of the argument but just couldn't stand the rawness. seemed that the harshness of my words bothered him and that he would have preferred the same message, euphemised. this i do not go for unless it is necessary to keep the peace for some reason such as functioning in the workplace.
    This part is anti me. You're brother is behaving irrationally. One need to understand the issues at hand not the shallow picture one sees. For example, my though while observing that conflict would be that it is better to leave you two to resolve it. Possibly offer my insight at key places in the argument. When one gets irrational, correct them slightly.

    Also I never euphemise. How people express themselves is a part of who they are. Euphemising is hampering their identity. I dislike the things behind it, if the harshness stems from vileness, being a bad person and so on.

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    I can tell the difference the moment the person becomes irrational.
    i see, but it's a bit tricky to determine the line between rational and irrational behavior. some people can argue, even passionately, without becoming irrational.
    Passion, conviction, righteousness, I don't mind, it's being provably wrong and ignoring it that I have an issue with. That's what I'd call irrational. And lacking common sense.

  25. #25
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    my brother (not sure of his type although he claims INTJ myers briggs and is married to a definite ESFJ) very much needs to stay conflict-free and while he will not entirely avoid another's conflict, he will sit and observe while doing something else, sort of as a way to monitor the situation and prevent loss of control. he will sometimes offer his mediation/analysis. when my mother and i would argue (we did often), and it would become heated, my brother would usually stay quiet but after awhile would adopt a victimized look onto his face. then he'd tell me/mom to be nice or to consider something he was thinking about....pissed me off because he hardly ever really understood the nature of the argument but just couldn't stand the rawness. seemed that the harshness of my words bothered him and that he would have preferred the same message, euphemised. this i do not go for unless it is necessary to keep the peace for some reason such as functioning in the workplace.
    This part is anti me. You're brother is behaving irrationally. One need to understand the issues at hand not the shallow picture one sees. For example, my though while observing that conflict would be that it is better to leave you two to resolve it. Possibly offer my insight at key places in the argument. When one gets irrational, correct them slightly.

    Also I never euphemise. How people express themselves is a part of who they are. Euphemising is hampering their identity. I dislike the things behind it, if the harshness stems from vileness, being a bad person and so on.
    I thought i picked up from your tone on the forum that you're a bit like me in telling things as they are.

    so, i follow you until the point that you say you cannot tolerate conflict. it seems that the preference for for being direct/raw possibly runs counter to the need not to argue or to "keep the peace." some of the best truths i ever choked up came mid-argument. i wouldn't have come to them without letting the unpleasant argument run its course first.

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    I can tell the difference the moment the person becomes irrational.
    i see, but it's a bit tricky to determine the line between rational and irrational behavior. some people can argue, even passionately, without becoming irrational.
    Passion, conviction, righteousness, I don't mind, it's being provably wrong and ignoring it that I have an issue with.
    do you mean wrong about some ethical issue or wrong in effectively conducting an argument?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  26. #26
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    I thought i picked up from your tone on the forum that you're a bit like me in telling things as they are.

    so, i follow you until the point that you say you cannot tolerate conflict. it seems that the preference for for being direct/raw possibly runs counter to the need not to argue or to "keep the peace." some of the best truths i ever choked up came mid-argument. i wouldn't have come to them without letting the argument run its course first.
    It's more complex. What you call conflict I may not. I probably don't. My version is futile, useless, nothing good can come of it. That I avoid. I naturally do things constructively. When people are being nonconstructive, merely gratifying their ego, I walk away.

    The problem I have with being direct are the consequences of it. With some people it's not in my best interest to argue, conflict. And people are in this state or mood very often. Discussing with them like this is what I would call conflict. I avoid that. I wait for a time when it is appropriate to discuss issues, when I feel comfortable.

    EDIT: And yeah, you are right, being direct, getting to the truth necessarily pulls conflict. But I don't know, I'd reeeally like to have my cake and eat it.

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Passion, conviction, righteousness, I don't mind, it's being provably wrong and ignoring it that I have an issue with.
    do you mean wrong about some ethical issue or wrong in effectively conducting an argument?
    Well, both. Just provably wrong.

  27. #27
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    I thought i picked up from your tone on the forum that you're a bit like me in telling things as they are.

    so, i follow you until the point that you say you cannot tolerate conflict. it seems that the preference for for being direct/raw possibly runs counter to the need not to argue or to "keep the peace." some of the best truths i ever choked up came mid-argument. i wouldn't have come to them without letting the argument run its course first.
    It's more complex. What you call conflict I may not. I probably don't. My version is futile, useless, nothing good can come of it. That I avoid. I naturally do things constructively. When people are being nonconstructive, merely gratifying their ego, I walk away.
    ok, so you make a judgment that the person is gratifying his ego. <echo> "It's more complex."

    The problem I have with being direct are the consequences of it. With some people it's not in my best interest to argues, conflict. And people are in this state or mood very often. Discussing with them like this is what I would call conflict. I avoid that. I wait for a time when it is appropriate to discuss issues, when I feel comfortable.
    i understand with the exception of what you mean by "people are in this state or mood very often."


    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Well, both. Just provably wrong.
    neither of those things are apt to be proven wrong, though. on hand we're talking about ethical decision-making and, on the other hand, things like tone of voice, speech content, volume, timing (which, when varied, can change one's attitude towards another person)...which i guess could also amount to ethical decision-making.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  28. #28
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    I thought i picked up from your tone on the forum that you're a bit like me in telling things as they are.

    so, i follow you until the point that you say you cannot tolerate conflict. it seems that the preference for for being direct/raw possibly runs counter to the need not to argue or to "keep the peace." some of the best truths i ever choked up came mid-argument. i wouldn't have come to them without letting the argument run its course first.
    It's more complex. What you call conflict I may not. I probably don't. My version is futile, useless, nothing good can come of it. That I avoid. I naturally do things constructively. When people are being nonconstructive, merely gratifying their ego, I walk away.
    ok, so you make a judgment that the person is gratifying his ego. <echo> "It's more complex."
    Well, not so much make a judgment, as much as notice it. If I see something that displeases me, I first check it out, and if I'm reasonably convinced it's true, *then* I make a judgment based on it. Like say, can if be overcome and how, what is my optimal choice of action, what is my desired choice of action and so on. All these factors combined make up what I perceive as interaction and conflict. That's what I meant by complex. there are parameters that determine it.

    The problem I have with being direct are the consequences of it. With some people it's not in my best interest to argues, conflict. And people are in this state or mood very often. Discussing with them like this is what I would call conflict. I avoid that. I wait for a time when it is appropriate to discuss issues, when I feel comfortable.
    i understand with the exception of what you mean by "people are in this state or mood very often."
    People may be bitchy, unapproachable, in a different mind set, uninterested, and so on.

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Well, both. Just provably wrong.
    neither of those things are apt to be proven wrong, though. on hand we're talking about ethical decision-making and, on the other hand, things like tone of voice, speech content, volume, timing (which, when varied, can change one's attitude towards another person)...which i guess could also amount to ethical decision-making.
    Yes, I realized while reading it that ethical arguments almost boiled down to belief and you cannot really prove that wrong. Ineffective in conducting an argument would, for me, be something like ad hominems and other tricks used. But mostly in being wrong I mean simply being wrong and that I can show/prove it.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sneg strikes me as Beta, INFp and in this thread ENFj. He seems to know how to manipulate (in a not derogatory sense of the word) people. I mean, he seems to know what he has to work with when dealing with people. Further on this point, I notice many references to holding back during an argument. Fe people don't have to have nice intentions or evil intentions, they just know what they are working with with people. Maybe that might apply to other types but we're talking about an Ni type and I don't find this trait/response to people/arguments prevalent in INTps or ENTjs. He also tickles me, arouses me or whatever (not necessarily in a sexual way).. in the same way an ENFj might. He seems to be quite passionate in his ideas. I also think he's very active with his theories, and seems to be articulate about them, though i havent read many of the total of his threads, but it seems it they could be made by an INFp or an ENFj. Overall though he seems more IP than EJ so INFp. On Se.. well he does seem to value the physical world?

    I love the avatar too

  30. #30
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    I also think he's very active with his theories
    Not really. I plan to though.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so referring to detail's subtype thread, you would be that brand of INFp which seems like an ENFj-- works for his visions, or something.

    You seem to care mostly about those emotions that you can create in people..towards your goals/vision

  32. #32
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    You seem to care mostly about those emotions that you can create in people..towards your goals/vision
    What do you mean, elaborate.

  33. #33
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, just a tidbit from me here: I really get great vibes from snegledmaca ... think we'd get along fabulously IRL. I have no reason to doubt IEI typing, definitely feel a kinship here.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  34. #34
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I actually know a person that is exactly like you. The same IEI-sh appearing EIE thing and the *exact* same personality. I only recently realized just how identical we were growing up. She was like a female version of myself. Very victim like.

  35. #35
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can relate to your posts too well. You are either INFp or ENFj! Can't see INTp. Anything other than beta NF would be delta NF, but I doubt it!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  36. #36
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I can relate to your posts too well. You are either INFp or ENFj! Can't see INTp. Anything other than beta NF would be delta NF, but I doubt it!
    What makes you say delta NF? That seems kinda alien to a beta NF.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •