Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 49

Thread: INTps ending up in the worst situations ever

  1. #1
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default INTps ending up in the worst situations ever

    ok so why do you guys always find yourself in the worst situations ever? It makes me feel so bad for you guys but at the same time i feel like its a very low probability that ALL INTp's just randomly have bad luck. I think it could quite possibly be a self-fulfilling prophecy in order to justify hating life sometimes (sorry if i offended you guys!) idk... what do you guys think?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  2. #2
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We don't *all* end up in bad luck situations. My best friend's an ESFp and there's no way in hell I'd call THAT bad luck
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  3. #3
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    like what?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unfortunate things happen to me all the time. My most recent crisis is purely of my own making, which makes it that much worse; I'm failing Physical Chemistry, and Calculus III, which is my fault, because I decided to take them concurrently (because I decided to switch from a B.A. in chemistry to a B.S. and want to get it done A.S.A.P.; now I'm probably going to switch back to a B.A., and kick myself really hard for fucking up my gpa), and not study enough. I've never been in the failing situation before, now I feel like I'm failing life

    At least my car works fine and I still have money to live
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

    Drum 'n' Bass head

    GorillaSound.net

  5. #5
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drd252
    Unfortunate things happen to me all the time. My most recent crisis is purely of my own making, which makes it that much worse; I'm failing Physical Chemistry, and Calculus III, which is my fault, because I decided to take them concurrently (because I decided to switch from a B.A. in chemistry to a B.S. and want to get it done A.S.A.P.; now I'm probably going to switch back to a B.A., and kick myself really hard for fucking up my gpa), and not study enough. I've never been in the failing situation before, now I feel like I'm failing life

    At least my car works fine and I still have money to live
    haha way to look at the positive! is it possible to drop one of them? it may not be worth it... plus then if you take the one you drop next semester, you'll know what to expect. where do you go to school?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  6. #6
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm pretty good at messing things up myself. I've learnt that in life you won't get many chances on good things, so you should never wait for something better, but just take things in the first place. Oke it may sound a bit abstract, but it can be applied widely

  7. #7

    Default

    I always have the worst luck, the entire universe is against me.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  8. #8
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Luck is created. This applies to bad luck as much as it does to good luck.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  9. #9
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I personally find it hard to believe that an ILI would believe in luck.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Luck is created. This applies to bad luck as much as it does to good luck.
    Tell that to a child born with HIV in the poorest parts of Africa.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  11. #11
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That child still creates luck, even if there are things that (s)he can't control.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    That child still creates luck, even if there are things that (s)he can't control.
    Well I would say that the child is totally a victim of circumstances, and has only one option: to live a short and agonizing life, being incapable of any relevant change to his/her life.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi i'd like a large pepperoni chicken with mixed broccoli and extra tartar sauce to go.

  14. #14
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    hi i'd like a large pepperoni chicken with mixed broccoli and extra tartar sauce to go.
    I'm afraid that you are out of luck, we just ran out.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  15. #15
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Joy is right. There will of course always be uncontrollable circumstances, but by orchestrating your own actions, you can make yourself more suseptible to "luck" or "bad luck".



    My spelling is bad in this statement, so bad that it would be too much effort to change it. You will just have to get the point.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  16. #16

    Default

    For example. What that child possibly could do?

    There's like tens of thousands of them, none of them have managed to do anything. So it's because they just happen to suck royally, and can't organize their lives better?

    It's really just a small precentage of people, that actually are lucky enough to have that kind of power over their lives.

    It's very easy to say something like that. But if you haven't tried what it's would be like, it's just very childish to claim that luck is what you make of it.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  17. #17
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    For example. What that child possibly could do?
    There will of course always be uncontrollable circumstances


    There's like tens of thousands of them, none of them have managed to do anything. So it's because they just happen to suck royally, and can't organize their lives better?
    Most likely because the uncontrollable circumstances are TOO uncontrollable, OR they lack the life skills, yes. These things can be taught, learned from others OR just from gathering experience as opposed to saying, "woe-is-me".


    It's really just a small precentage of people, that actually are lucky enough to have that kind of power over their lives.
    It isn't about luck It is just a small percentage of people willing to put forth that kind of power over their lives.

    It's very easy to say something like that. But if you haven't tried what it's would be like, it's just very childish to claim that luck is what you make of it.
    I think everyone has gone through "bad luck and good luck", and everyone at some point realized that the bad luck or good luck was a result of something THEY did at SOME point as well. Luck or bad luck is only PARTIALLY what you make of it. That's my point.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  18. #18

    Default

    Well I'm pretty sure if we take a random succesful person. And switch their lives to that of an average person of earth (and for the average person life pretty much sucks) these succesful people would do just as poor as the person they switched their circumstances with.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  19. #19
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Well I'm pretty sure if we take a random succesful person. And switch their lives to that of an average person of earth (and for the average person life pretty much sucks) these succesful people would do just as poor as the person they switched their circumstances with.

    It would depend on the person, and how they became to be sucessful. If they have the success going for them, then they are torn away from it to live the "normal persons" apparently less fortunate life, ideally they would have the life skills to turn even that around.


    Very few "unlucky" situations are hopeless, I think this is my main point. I could word it better, but that's all I have for now.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  20. #20
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bad luck is taking randomness personally.

  21. #21
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Well I'm pretty sure if we take a random succesful person. And switch their lives to that of an average person of earth (and for the average person life pretty much sucks) these succesful people would do just as poor as the person they switched their circumstances with.
    Why do you think the successful person became successful to begin with? And don't tell me it's breeding, wealthy parents, education opportunities, or anything of the like. There are a lot of people who start out at a serious disadvantage and become successful, and many people who have every advantage and end up unsuccessful.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion
    Joy is right. There will of course always be uncontrollable circumstances, but by orchestrating your own actions, you can make yourself more suseptible to "luck" or "bad luck".



    My spelling is bad in this statement, so bad that it would be too much effort to change it. You will just have to get the point.
    i see only one error (susceptible)

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    THE LUCK

    THE INTPS

    AND THE LINK BETWEEN THEM

  24. #24
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    THE LUCK

    THE INTPS

    AND THE LINK BETWEEN THEM

    hahah


    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed
    i see only one error (susceptible)

    oh, sweet. =) I sounded the longer words out while typing quickly so I figured I messed up somethin' lol
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Well I'm pretty sure if we take a random succesful person. And switch their lives to that of an average person of earth (and for the average person life pretty much sucks) these succesful people would do just as poor as the person they switched their circumstances with.
    Why do you think the successful person became successful to begin with? And don't tell me it's breeding, wealthy parents, education opportunities, or anything of the like. There are a lot of people who start out at a serious disadvantage and become successful, and many people who have every advantage and end up unsuccessful.
    You seriously claim that if you had been born with the demographics of average person on earth, you would be where you are now? There's tens of millions of "Joys" and "Warlords" out there, who aren't even having this conversation, because they don't even have computers. Can you actually name someone from that type of conditions, that has been successful not because of some other type of luck?

    Most people who are successful are successful only because of those reasons. And to add to that list there's having options, lucky opportunities, being the right person, at the right place, at the right time etc.

    And on the other hand there's accidents, missing chances because of some small thing etc.

    There are lot more driven, very intelligent people even geniouses that haven't been succesful at all in their life. Than there are people who have "beaten the odds" for any other reason than just luck.

    And when successul people are asked why they are so succesful, they nearly always state that they have been lucky.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  26. #26
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What you think success is, and what you concider luck to be, also makes a difference.


    This is so futile.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  27. #27
    Garmonbozia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,757
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Theoretical icky muck.

    Making bad or good decisions has nothing to do with cosmology.

    I just turned in my mid term, the first part of which is a solid Good the second part of which maybe is a solid Suck because I got sick and almost died and put finishing the essay off until this morning.

    If I get a bad grade I'm gonna blame it on myself not the stars because this is what makes sense.

  28. #28
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    why do we blame anyone in the first place? typically accountability comes with some sort of punishment or reformation. i don't see the point of blaming yourself if you say, took all the precautions you would like yourself to take if faced with a similar situation again.

    on relating that back to type, maybe INTp's because of a combination of NiTe and IP temperament get into situations where they think they've covered all their bases, forgo doing any more proactivity, but then get blindsided last minute by some detail overlooked that might've been more obvious to say, a sensor. Ni i also understand is very imaginative, maybe INTp's can easily imagine how the grass might be greener, but isn't.

    "luck" one might say say is simply a rift between what happens and what were the most rational expectations. different types probably form their expectations differently and deal with them differently. i don't think the question of variations in luck by type is completely fruitless, just as long as you don't overmystify "luck".

    i don't know if most INTp's necessarily perceive themselves as "unlucky" though. as has been implied several times, a more skeptical approach to these things is pretty common among NT's.
    I think it's definitely an Ni dominant thing, to be "unlucky". I think I do the 'self-fulfilling' prophecy thing alot too. "Unlucky" I agree isn't really the right term, I think "unfortunate" is more suitable. In regards to Ni and being "unfortunate", I think it's all about being able to predict a situation - knowing that it's going to turn out badly for yourself beforehand, yet simultaneously feeling helpless to do anything about it. I do this a lot.
    INFp-Ni

  29. #29

    Default

    I've always considered myself to be an extraordinarily lucky person. You see, it's all a matter of perspective - since I can imagine many disasters that could happen (Ni dominant), and have either avoided many of them or softened their impact - how could I possibly consider myself unlucky?

    I'm not going to say that my life couldn't have been better if I'd made different choices - we all know that hindsight is 20/20 and thus I prefer to avoid this particular 'maybe game' for the sake of my sanity. I do know, however, that my life could have turned out much, much worse, and therefore I'm very happy to be where I am today.
    ILI, INTp

  30. #30
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Well I'm pretty sure if we take a random succesful person. And switch their lives to that of an average person of earth (and for the average person life pretty much sucks) these succesful people would do just as poor as the person they switched their circumstances with.
    Why do you think the successful person became successful to begin with? And don't tell me it's breeding, wealthy parents, education opportunities, or anything of the like. There are a lot of people who start out at a serious disadvantage and become successful, and many people who have every advantage and end up unsuccessful.
    You seriously claim that if you had been born with the demographics of average person on earth, you would be where you are now? There's tens of millions of "Joys" and "Warlords" out there, who aren't even having this conversation, because they don't even have computers. Can you actually name someone from that type of conditions, that has been successful not because of some other type of luck?

    Most people who are successful are successful only because of those reasons. And to add to that list there's having options, lucky opportunities, being the right person, at the right place, at the right time etc.

    And on the other hand there's accidents, missing chances because of some small thing etc.

    There are lot more driven, very intelligent people even geniouses that haven't been succesful at all in their life. Than there are people who have "beaten the odds" for any other reason than just luck.

    And when successul people are asked why they are so succesful, they nearly always state that they have been lucky.
    I'm not saying that luck doesn't exist... I'm saying that luck is created. Highly successful people are "lucky" in a sense, but they recognize that they manufacture their own luck. History is full of people who started out with nothing and became enormously successful. Opportunities for success are all around us, but it takes a certain way of thinking to recognize and act upon these opportunities. If you are cynical, it is very unlikely that you would recognize a great opportunity, even if it is staring you in the face. If you seek out opportunities, however, and are prepared to act on them wisely when they present themselves, you will be enormously successful. It's like that line from The Richest Man in Babylon, "Opportunity is a haughty goddess that wastes no time with those who are unprepared." I like what Virgil said, too, "Fortune favors the bold," but I believe that boldness is merely the product of an understanding of the power of self-fulfilling prophecy and the desire to make this law work for you (instead of against you, as some of the posters in this thread apparently to do).
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  31. #31
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy

    I'm not saying that luck doesn't exist... I'm saying that luck is created. Highly successful people are "lucky" in a sense, but they recognize that they manufacture their own luck. History is full of people who started out with nothing and became enormously successful. Opportunities for success are all around us, but it takes a certain way of thinking to recognize and act upon these opportunities. If you are cynical, it is very unlikely that you would recognize a great opportunity, even if it is staring you in the face. If you seek out opportunities, however, and are prepared to act on them wisely when they present themselves, you will be enormously successful. It's like that line from The Richest Man in Babylon, "Opportunity is a haughty goddess that wastes no time with those who are unprepared." I like what Virgil said, too, "Fortune favors the bold," but I believe that boldness is merely the product of an understanding of the power of self-fulfilling prophecy and the desire to make this law work for you (instead of against you, as some of the posters in this thread apparently to do).
    I agree to a certain degree but I also think you're overemphasizing the short term significance of "being lucky" as well as taking a limited view to "success". For example, historically many members of certain types, such as ENTjs, ENFjs, ESFps, ESTps etc., would have agreed with your philosophy and lived quite successfully, making a name for themself in public as a leader, scientist etc. They 'seized the moment' so to speak. On the other hand historical ILIs and IEIs (Ni-dominants) seem in many cases "unlucky" in comparison. Many influential writers, I think we can all agree, were Ni-dominant. It should be noted that many of these writers wrote "ahead of their time", they didn't care to 'seize the day', they often lived lonely, miserable, penniless lives and were dismissed by their peers. Only years after they had died was their work finally hailed as a masterpiece. While the mind-set of many of these figures may be viewed upon as "unhealthy" or "negative", the fact remains that these are natural states and by accepting and expressing these states many figures in history have contributed and influenced humanity just as much as the stereotypically 'successful' ones have. Indeed if you were to go back in time and give these negativistic 'miserable' individuals happy drugs and motivation they may have lived 'happier' lives but also less profound lives and humanity as a whole would be worse off because of it.
    INFp-Ni

  32. #32
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess it's just a matter of what you want out of life then?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  33. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'm not saying that luck doesn't exist... I'm saying that luck is created. Highly successful people are "lucky" in a sense, but they recognize that they manufacture their own luck.
    Well I'm saying that we enter certain circumstances, face certain events, and have to work with what we got. And we have no control over those. Only people who are lucky to begin with, have the luxury of "creating their own luck".

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    It's like that line from The Richest Man in Babylon, "Opportunity is a haughty goddess that wastes no time with those who are unprepared." I like what Virgil said, too, "Fortune favors the bold," but I believe that boldness is merely the product of an understanding of the power of self-fulfilling prophecy and the desire to make this law work for you.
    Lot more people who follow that ultimately fail, rather than succeed. It's people like that, who are responsible for the credit crunch. And thanks to them, I'm not making as much money as I should be right now

    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  34. #34
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Failure is part of the process of success. People who are ultimately successful will have lived through many major failures and setbacks. The only thing that separates them from those who "ultimately fail" is that they saw defeat/setbacks as temporary.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  35. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Failure is part of the process of success. People who are ultimately successful will have lived through many major failures and setbacks. The only thing that separates them from those who "ultimately fail" is that they saw defeat/setbacks as temporary.
    People who are successful don't meet any major setbacks, that's the reason why they are successful.

    People who are optimistic repeat the same mistakes over-and-over, and never learn anything from them.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  36. #36
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL

    You do know that the average self made millionaire has been bankrupt (or close to it) over 3 times, right?

    Sigh. This is so pointless... I'm done.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  37. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    LOL

    You do know that the average self made millionaire has been bankrupt (or close to it) over 3 times, right?

    Sigh. This is so pointless... I'm done.
    They have the connections, access to opportunities, methods to make money etc.

    Even if they go completely bankrupt, they won't starve to death, like what would happen to the person in some 3rd world country.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  38. #38
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IME experience, arguments like this where either party fails to convince the other in any way, shape or form usually results in both parties finding out they were arguing completely different points without realising it. Quite amusing when that happens.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  39. #39
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That is most definitely NOT the case here.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  40. #40
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Having re-read most of the argument again, I've just discovered my initial reasoning behind my previous post was erroneous. Please ignore it, I was too quick off the mark there (I seem to be like that a lot lately, I can't understand why).
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •