Thread: Work out whether you are static or dynamic

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Work out whether you are static or dynamic

Which video represents the amount of detail you are aware of in real life?

Static - http://youtube.com/watch?v=acFRQbIjx_E
    Dynamic - http://youtube.com/watch?v=RVbzzkqCZgI

State your type as well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Work out whether you are static or dynamic

Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    INFj

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how in hell is this related to static/dynamic?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    I had this same question as well. Seems like it's more of an N vs. S thing. I'm the first video. INFp.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    I had this same question as well. Seems like it's more of an N vs. S thing. I'm the first video. INFp.
    how in hell is this related to N/S?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I should have said Ni vs. Si. Sorry. Ni--details being more of a blur. Si being more aware of the here and now details.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I should have said Ni vs. Si. Sorry. Ni--details being more of a blur. Si being more aware of the here and now details.
    that concept is a tad different from the speed at which something is perceived.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that concept is a tad different from the speed at which something is perceived.
    But the question was "the amount of detail you are aware of in real life". So I didn't see it as a speed question but rather that the speed was used to show greater or lesser detail.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I would be Dynamic out of those two, and I'm a INxj.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think these videos may be the wrong way round - if something has a higher fps, the action appears to be happening quicker. Being filmed with a 1000 fps camera is not the same as the film being played at 1000 fps, is it?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I think these videos may be the wrong way round - if something has a higher fps, the action appears to be happening quicker. Being filmed with a 1000 fps camera is not the same as the film being played at 1000 fps, is it?
    no. essentially its a video filmed at 1000 fps and played at 30<x<60 fps, so it appears much slower than it is.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I see...

Well, Dynamics are supposed to see things at many frames a second, and Statics at fewer frames a second - so are these videos the right way round?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see...

Well, Dynamics are supposed to see things at many frames a second, and Statics at fewer frames a second - so are these videos the right way round?
    it would be more accurate to say that statics view things via fps and dynamics do not, if anything. but since things like infinite fps are not measurable, this kind of definition is meaningless as far as pure perception is concerned.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see...

I wondered the same thing.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the question was "the amount of detail you are aware of in real life". So I didn't see it as a speed question but rather that the speed was used to show greater or lesser detail.
    Yes, and the awareness a person has of those details.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see...

It's not the speed that the videos are playing at but the awareness of detail.

I would say that statics are aware of details to the extent of what can be observed in the high speed video.

ditto for dynamics and the slow speed video

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Statics view reality as sets of episodes, scenes, pictures. The consciousness of statics is oriented towards perceiving these separate, individual states, and not as continuous flows of changes.
    For dynamics current events are viewed as a sequence which is not decomposed into separate episodes. The consciousness of dynamics is oriented towards perceiving continuous flows of changes as oppose to discrete states.
    It is possible to draw another, but this time technical, analogy: modern digital cameras can save their contents in two different ways: they can either save them as segments or a write a digital video. In a similar way the surrounding reality is fixed in the human mind as either separate packets (Pictures) or as a continuous "video".

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you say about these?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=gGllN-7iry8
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=E2COMeTL2r4
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=a3YH5C_yH7Y

Do these videos adequately represent Statics?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you want me to say, Elzo?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's up to you. Your views on the original post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether it's type-related or not, of the ones you posted this is the one I relate to most:
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=acFRQbIjx_E[/youtube]
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gah.. I honestly don't know on this one. My first instinct was the first video, but I don't really know what level of detail I register in real life. If this is to do with static/dynamic, I'd imagine a lot of details are registered subconsciously rather than consciously. If it makes any difference, I felt like I took a lot more detail in with the first video (the one you labelled static). I think the speed influenced my thinking, I felt like I was "absorbing" the detail with the first video, like when the person was driving and you could see the trees racing towards the front of the camera and then beyond, I felt like I was absorbing the motion. I don't know, I found this a difficult one to answer to be honest.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's up to you. Your views on the original post.
    n/a
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Work out whether you are static or dynamic

Which video represents the amount of detail you are aware of in real life?

Static - http://youtube.com/watch?v=acFRQbIjx_E
    Dynamic - http://youtube.com/watch?v=RVbzzkqCZgI

State your type as well.
    I think you may have these backwards?

In any case, static should be more like... a slide show?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I want to trip acid in a dynamic's brain

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't take acid. I loved shrooms, but I don't trust my brain to not do some crazy and very unpleasant things if I took acid.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay... so in the first video things appear to be happening very fast... we're also missing a lot of in-between frames about what is happening... changes in reality then may appear to come up upon "us" in the moving car without much prior warning. The span of this video covers a lot of time in very little time, and is disjointed (due to the missing frames).

In the second video we are in a small span of time that has been slowed down. It is so slow that it is a flowing continuity... It isn't just that at one moment water was in a glass and the next moment it's on the ground and the person is dripping wet... no, we can see everything in between as well, quite clearly.

The first video is supposed to go with static because of all the missing frames. However, because it seems to show reality in a constant state of flux, it appears that it is representing dynamic rather than static with the emphasis being on change in the long run rather than on short term change (such as that portrayed in the second video).

Although the second video shows time in a clear and continuous way (there are no missing frames) and thus is supposed to go with dynamic, the fact that it only covers that brief moment in time (not depicting reality in a state of flux, but rather depicting a moment sort of suspended in reality or time) then it appears to depict a static perception of reality rather than a dynamic one.

In any case, because of the constant state of motion or flux of reality through time, I related more with the first vid than the second one in terms of how I perceive reality. However part of me has sometimes wished that reality were not this way... because in watching the flow, perhaps one misses out on experiencing particular moments (or spaces in life) as fully as they could be experienced... there is no pause button.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good video choices to demonstrate a thing or two about perception of detail. i'd hafta say i relate to the first one more. everything is a blur kind of. i only remember the broad strokes of things.

but whoever said they want to be in a dynamic's brain, i'll second that. that's some cool shit if that's really the way they see things for sure.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I wouldn't take acid. I loved shrooms, but I don't trust my brain to not do some crazy and very unpleasant things if I took acid.
    Neither would I, with that mindset.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, I don't think that description of Statics/Dynamics is meant to be taken literally...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully admit to having watched too much TV, but this randomly has reminded me of the first episode or two of Deep Space Nine, so I feel so compelled to grace you all with my ramblings. Sorry. >:-P

My favorite line from the opening of DS9 (and really the only line I remember since it's been a while) is "you reside here." This is because Cisco's character having lost his wife in that terrible war with the Borg, hasn't been able to actually let go of her. Of course, this is quite simply, grief. Cisco does not exist in normal time. He doesn't live in the present. He lives in past states of reality--in a reality where his wife still exists. Although he left her physically when she died, the rest of him never did leave. So when he's communicating with the 'worm hole aliens' (as I call them), they keep going back to the place and time where his wife died, and the aliens note "you reside here." They also travel to other places and times in Cisco's mind when he and his wife were together. Anyway, I thought this was a good example of a state of reality. It is a place in time... a constant place in reality (of ones own creation). In this episode Cisco exists in static states of reality--states that are of the past, granted, but that do not change. He lives in these states in his way of fighting against the pull of time--against the flow of reality. If he allows himself to flow with reality, to let go, then he will have to accept that his wife is dead (he would have to, in other words, let go of her). I think that all people tend to do this, especially when in grief.

If we view reality in states, then a drastic change in the state of reality might be especially traumatic. For instance if I think of my reality as consisting of certain elements that I expect not to change in an unconscious way then change could be hard to deal with when dramatic changes occur. Because if I saw it that way I might get comfortable in reality during periods of time where my life changes very little (from my pov)... so a sudden large change would jar me out of the state of comfort I had settled into. If I view reality as ever-changing, and don't view reality in unchanging states, then it can also be unsettling because of the conscious awareness that there are no constants... no comfortable spaces in time that aren't illusory... that reality is impermanent... that everything will change and there is nothing to hold on to. On a more simple level, however, the constant change can be nice to fend away boredom.

These thoughts aren't very well formed yet. I'm not making many direct links here... this is just something that momentarily came to mind.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default static perception of reality?

or at least one of the closest things to it?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=FW-6A6ahISs

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure about static but i always loved that song. and the dancin in the video is hot hot hot.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see what this has to do with statics.

About statics and how they see the world: they don't integrate anything they record into their understanding until they have some sort of indication that what they saw lasts beyond a single moment's impression. Whatever results as the understanding needs to be not just a recording, a sequence or a prediction, but a full-blown structure.

Dynamics are the functions of flat, face-value recordings. Noumena: language, pictures, techniques.
    Statics are the functions of depth-sensitive, perspective independent constructions. Phenomena: objects, concepts, structures.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: static perception of reality?

or at least one of the closest things to it?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=FW-6A6ahISs

nothing to do with socionics whatsoever, afaic