Thread: Alpha job

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alpha job

Also used search function for this. THis is a thread to place your thoughts on alpha occupations.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

computer people and people work on the front lines and deal with lots of customers, nurses, etc.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha = Shiny Happy People

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbGSDkvh8B0[/youtube]

That is not derogatory, either. I appreciate shiny happy people generally, they tend to not cause too many problems
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice clip.

Alpha job = actor/entertainer
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it might be more useful to try and compile characteristics and aspects of jobs and occupations which would attract Alpha. So what do Alphas generally look for in deciding their occupations?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, but i would also like to know what others' perception of an alpha job is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    ok, but i would also like to know what others' perception of an alpha job is.
    Mythbusters host? They get to mess around with all kinds of cool stuff, and try out new ideas, try to solve problems that crop up, and generally entertain their television audience. (I'm thinking more of the redhead when I say that.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all alphas are either security guards or washing machine repairmen. no alpha has ever taken any other job in the history of the universe.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also knew this ESFj who was the best host in the restaurant I worked at. He was always greeting customers in a slightly-over-the-top way and walking them to their seats engaging in all kinds of small talk on the way. And then when no one was coming in he would get all kinds of miscellaneous chores done. He pretty much did nothing but work his tail off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    I also knew this ESFj who was the best host in the restaurant I worked at. He was always greeting customers in a slightly-over-the-top way and walking them to their seats engaging in all kinds of small talk on the way. And then when no one was coming in he would get all kinds of miscellaneous chores done. He pretty much did nothing but work his tail off.
    that is not possible because all alphas are either security guards or washing machine repairmen. you are therefore obviously in error. if you deny this obvious fact then you are incompetent at teh socionics.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok.. so jobs which are static? wait that wouldnt apply because ESFps are statics right?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not sure i'd pack a few occupations under the name "alpha."

since selection of occupation is more type related than quadra related. your values might play into it a little bit but won't be solely dictated by it.

here's what i've said to myself about work:

"what can i stand to do all day?" because work is work. it's not going to be all that enjoyable day in and day out, but it should be something i can stand. so this i think reveals an alpha quadra value: pleasure and enjoyment balanced by realism. but i don't know that people from other quadras wouldn't say the same thing. who wants to do a job 40 hours a week that one cannot stand? so quadra values might reveal themselves in an overall attitude about work.

for example, gamma people might ask the question: "How is this making an overall contribution for the good of society?" or beta might say, "How does this advance my personal power?" or delta might say, "How does this job help me to serve others?"

different types may be attracted to different occupations but then again, i've seen loads of people get into unexpected vocational areas, too. like infp man fixes cars. you really would not expect that from an infp. or like myself: working in human services? naaah not for entp; hkkmr's job sounds closer to what an entp would stereotypically do. i think what happens is that you find your niche within any given field, one that is most congruent with your strengths and personality.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    "How is this making an overall contribution for the good of society?"
    ??
    Suomea

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure i understand the question?

ILE

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    "How is this making an overall contribution for the good of society?"
    ??
    Just not positive I agree with the statement as a quadra value...... want to elaborate?
    Suomea

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well you know how they are like the heroes or something. they want to do things that benefit the overall society. at least from what i've read.

ILE

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well you know how they are like the heroes or something. they want to do things that benefit the overall society. at least from what i've read.
    Don't necessarily agree with this. Gamma's want financial power most of all I'd say.
    Suomea

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer
    like I'm changing it or something (Fine, okay, laugh.... just like my mom).
    I hope you're mom's laughing cos she thinks youre cute. I think it's quite alright to want to change the world

Creepy-bg

I could use and alpha job right about now... *zip*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who wants to do a job 40 hours a week that one cannot stand?
    Heh. I think I pretty much always dislike any job that I do. Actually if I don't dislike it then I feel like I'm not even working. Something enjoyable cannot be called "work" in my mind. If the core job itself is too fun then I tend to seek extra tasks which I hate. I think this comes from the idea that reality is an ugly place and it sucks and everything here is destined to die. So if I don't feel like shit and mortal and all that stuff then I am dismissing reality and living in a dream and that scares me to death. It makes me nervous and I wish to wake up. Thus it is important for me to feel like shit in order to feel secure. That's pretty contradictory and strange isn't it?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    who wants to do a job 40 hours a week that one cannot stand?
    Heh. I think I pretty much always dislike any job that I do. Actually if I don't dislike it then I feel like I'm not even working. Something enjoyable cannot be called "work" in my mind. If the core job itself is too fun then I tend to seek extra tasks which I hate. I think this comes from the idea that reality is an ugly place and it sucks and everything here is destined to die. So if I don't feel like shit and mortal and all that stuff then I am dismissing reality and living in a dream and that scares me to death. It makes me nervous and I wish to wake up. Thus it is important for me to feel like shit in order to feel secure. That's pretty contradictory and strange isn't it?
    you must be an SEI then or an IEI. you IP temperament, you, :wink:

ILE

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I could use and alpha job right about now... *zip*

uhhh..... wow.
    sorry I was in a weird mood

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Work is a tough thing for me. I want to do something I'm passionate about, but I also want the freedom to bugger off somewhere tropical and have a break at random. Bosses tend not to like that.

I do ok, so long as people don't try to talk down to me and there is always something new or interesting to do. Being a presenter for a travel show would be my idea of job heaven
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .