Thread: EJ and slowing down

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EJ and slowing down

Do you find yourself depressed the more you slow down and the less you do?

I realize that I actually do get depressed if I am not working on something. I can relax for a while, and that's fine and great, but... I realize I am always looking for something to do.

Do EJs relate to this?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: EJ and slowing down

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Do you find yourself depressed the more you slow down and the less you do?

I realize that I actually do get depressed if I am not working on something. I can relax for a while, and that's fine and great, but... I realize I am always looking for something to do.

Do EJs relate to this?
    I'm pretty much the same way. It makes me feel like I'm losing my purpose, or hiding from it.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not an EJ, but to an extent I identify. I love to veg but require to be actively engaged in something after a certain period of time. Too much inaction breeds crazy cabin fever. However, the problem starts when I dive into work and realize that issues inherent to the workplace make it impossible for me to exorcise my productivity angst. It's kind of confusing because instead of getting it out of your system, it just builds up another kind of bullshit.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my mother is an estj and has reached the age of 66. her body is slowing down and it's driving her crazy. when younger she'd go go go all day long and have boundless energy for accomplishing her many goals and objectives throughout the day. (interestingly enough, she'd always be too tired for something she didn't want to do, like excercise lol)

well these days she's out of gas. i've been thinking about her a lot and wondering what that's like. to be tempermentally a very energetic person and to run out of gas in older age. she must feel like her whole identity is changing.

i had thought: for an EP like myself, we have periods of laziness and inactivity so we're used to it, so slowing down in older age wouldn't bother us as much. for an IJ, they've always been kinda like slow and steady wins the race, so they'd prolly just go a little slower in old age, maybe it wouldn't bother them. for an IP they're basically pretty laid back anyway, they'd prolly be glad of an excuse to be lazy, so i would think slowing down would hardly bother them at all.

but anyway, yeah, slowing down has got to be difficult for EJ's.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often