Thread: eye movement

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default eye movement

I notice two types of people when they are talking to me and looking at my face:

- those whose eyes have many quick micro-movements as if they are scanning my whole face
    - those whose eyes have (virtually) no movement when they look at my face

What does this indicate about Socionics type? Is it an indication of Sensing/Intuition, Dynamic/Static or something else?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I may take a guess.

Sensing is moving
    Intuitive is not moving

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend not to look at people's faces directly. I usually shift my sight around avoiding focusing on people's faces (for long) as it makes me feel uncomfortable.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really notice this stuff, except for the Se/Ti fixed stare we were talking about in Herzy's thread and another weird one that happened twice with ENFjs, when they would move their eyes _really_ quickly from my eyes to the side of my face, quicker than I can if I try.
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    I don't really notice this stuff, except for the Se/Ti fixed stare we were talking about in Herzy's thread and another weird one that happened twice with ENFjs, when they would move their eyes _really_ quickly from my eyes to the side of my face, quicker than I can if I try.
    Yeah. I think the intuitives' eyes are usually flying around and darts around everywhere, like they can't keep focusing on one thing/object. While the sensors gaze are more fixated.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give one more vote to intuitives having their eyes flicker from one object to another while sensors calmly look at things. I was standing 2 m from an ISTj when I asked him a question and he looked RIGHT AT ME and I actually casually stepped back one more meter just in case. And I was really wondering if it was a stupid question for him to look at me like that, but I know that he was just being friendly.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I tend not to look at people's faces directly. I usually shift my sight around avoiding focusing on people's faces (for long) as it makes me feel uncomfortable.
    Yep. I feel like i'm staring the person down, usually because i don't have any expression of my face. I mean, if s/he's talking to me I don't want them to feel intimidated or something.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look around all over the place.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy's eyes dart all over the place when she talks (not nervously, but rapidly).

My eyes fixate on a single location when I'm speaking.

Joy = N

Me = S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine dart. I am usually aware of the movement while listening or talking, but if I stop them, the result is looking really intensely at a person or staring off into space. It's easier to think and speak while moving my eyes because I find that when I keep them still and look at a person , I lose my train of thought or daydream. I had always considered this behavior to be related to ADHD.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also move mine around a lot... but when im looking at a person I wont look all around the different points of their face. Is this what you meant Elzo?

you know how some people need to close their eyes to remove stimuli in order to form their visions? Moving eyes away from constant stimuli might help to keep a person's thoughts stable. Though, i think i can look right through a person if my eyes rested there too.

I also notice that when Im with Se people there is really noticable movement of their eyes on different points of the same object if they notice something about your physical appearance. So, I can say I have noticed that with Se people, not sure about Si.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there isn't an easy answer here. for me, it depends. i tend to stare into people's eyes and at times, scan their faces for reactions or just for my personal study of their structures. with some others, i tend to look away studying other objects in my vicinity, only peering into my interlocutor's face for a second or two so that they'll understand i'm still participating in the conversation (and it ain't just a monologue). but when i'm recounting a story, i tend to visualise the events and see them right in front of me. my eyes dart from left to right, top to bottom: i seem lost in space but in reality i'm "in my head"so to speak. it feels like taking a plunge in a lake and coming back for air periodically or only when my story is done.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have recently realized that I don't look people in the eyes when talking to them, almost at all, so I've taken steps to force myself to look people in the eyes. But I have no idea whether my eyes dart or not. I'll have to check that out.