Thread: How do you motivate a female SLE/ESTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do you motivate a female SLE/ESTp

Any ideas about how you can motivate a female ESTp?

I think she got hurt bad some time ago. She retreated to some secluded "safe" location (her parents house somewhere in the middle of nowhere).
    Now she tries to get back into society and she's facing all kind of problems.

Any ideas what might help?
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You shouldn't have to motivate an SLE.

If she's an E8, time is all you can give her.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe reassurance that she's on the right track and it's worth spending energy to keep trying to get back to society. The way I see it, ESTps are like a car that just keeps moving with loud sound of the engine. Sometimes it hits an obstacle and starts moving in another direction, but it's not likely to stop. INFps are the map-readers who makes sure car doesn't hit any trees and that the direction is right. Right now your friend is probably spending all her energy and willpower on something else. Describe where she could end up and it's a good future if she's willing to work for it.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I don't know where you got that impression. IME, ESTps are prone to periods of reclusiveness and apathy that can compromise their chances of re-entry into everyday life after a while. It's very hard to get them out of this state (which borders on depression), but the only way this will happen is if they have someone "on the outside" who can pull them back out into civilization again. Usually, you don't have to do anything but get them out into a more social environment and they know what to do from there. Strangely enough, the same exact thing happens with INFps.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe some pictures?

I dunno, I agree that time seems to be the best. That and understanding.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I don't know where you got that impression. IME, ESTps are prone to periods of reclusiveness and apathy that can compromise their chances of re-entry into everyday life after a while. It's very hard to get them out of this state (which borders on depression), but the only way this will happen is if they have someone "on the outside" who can pull them back out into civilization again. Usually, you don't have to do anything but get them out into a more social environment and they know what to do from there. Strangely enough, the same exact thing happens with INFps.
    Funny this should be mentioned. I've just been thrown back into that state of resignation myself. But I'm very averse to forcing myself to be social at times like this. Just feels so fake to put on the brave face. I feel like sinking into non-caring and shutting everyone out; compelled to escape yet wishing I didn't feel so isolated.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Funny this should be mentioned. I've just been thrown back into that state of resignation myself. But I'm very averse to forcing myself to be social at times like this. Just feels so fake to put on the brave face. I feel like sinking into non-caring and shutting everyone out; compelled to escape yet wishing I didn't feel so isolated.
    I get that feeling too sometimes. I don't know if it is type related or not.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Yeah, this is pretty spot-on.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, well, I don't get this. I work it out on my own.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, well, I don't get this. I work it out on my own.
    Of course you do... is not like you're a weakling in need of help. :wink:

I've tried Kristiina's advice because it felt in alignment with my intuition and... when I thought a little bit about it... I realized... "wait a second, ESTp doesn't need help to overcome obstacles... they will pass right through them if the see the nice things past them" so I pointed some obvious nice things in the future...
    That and a few jokes kinda did the trick... at least for now
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my initial feeling is that she might have gotten into legal trouble and not just "hurt."

lefty
    enfj