Thread: Met an EIE/ENFj - description

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Met an EIE/ENFj - description

last night i was at a party and met a guy i am completely sure is enfj. we made quick friends. he was a really 'lyrical' guy, in that he said things in ways that really put people out(showing genuine interest and not being overlymasculine), especially some of my friends. i didn't really mind. he seemed interested in some of the same things as I am. it is hard to explain, but he had a foppish manner, was well-spoken, and something of a sensitive-male stereotype. he really wanted to talk about imperial china and buddhism and his special connection to buddhism. but not in a way that was strange or disrespectful to the religion, but in a way that suggested genuine fascination. he seemed like someone who very much could study history and be very excited about artifacts. he also seemed gay, and i think that put people out quite a bit. anyway, the whole time he was talking to me was strange because he kept doing strange things. like if i shifted body position, he would shift body position, and he always tried to be standing directly in front of me when speaking. i think it made him nervous that i wasn't making a lot of eye contact or something. his eyes were kindly but very melacholy in that he looked like a person whom a gaze could kill.
    he said some unexpected things for such a short lived friendship-
    i was telling him all about road biking and as he put it 'the anatomy' of different bikes. he said he thought it was really great that i'd found my niche in life and that he hasn't and wanted to. i suppose i am generally very open to other people and don't mind them sharing their life like that, but i can see how a majority of people would definitely be put out by someone that forward with their pscyhe and problems.

anyway. he seems like a cool guy, and forwhatever reason he wants to be my friend. i think? he could want something else.

thought i'd share. i'm going to take a good break from this forum. i have a difficult exam approaching and i've been a little too invested lately. you folks keep it real.
    asd

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes in the middle of a casual conversation my INFj friend stares at me in disbelief (and a hint of admiration), "wow, you're so honest about your inner world". And I'm a bit put off by that, because now I feel like I must have said something that I shouldn't have, but I have no idea what it was.

But yeah, he sounds ENFj. That's pretty much how I feel I might look like to strangers (when I'm in a certain mood). Except I don't look gay at all!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i laughed to him about his openness. occasionally i tried to take a stab about what i thought might be his sensibilities just to test him, but otherwise i laughed and thought, "aw. buck up soldier." making friends is fucking weird.
    asd

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    making friends is fucking weird.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a good ENFj friend. He's very attractive in that metrosexual way (I think that's where the "gay" vibe comes from). When I was "observing" him in work before making any move toward him, I noted he was friendly, but not overly warm, yet everyone was totally enamoured with him. He smiled lots and had a wicked sense of humor. He was really friendly with everyone, but he wasn't really friends (close, that is) with anyone.

We began talking about politics (!) during the 2004 presidential election. He's a rabid liberal (also a secular humanist). I actually made more efforts to seek him out -- he let me come to him. Ultimately, I did manage to penetrate his cool demeanor and discover the sarcastic silliness beneath. He can really be fabulously witty. We really go on a tear together! He's also really sensitive and supportive, but it took quite a while for him to share his own problems. He's also very conscientious and practical and doesn't dwell on things. Psychology is entertaining, but he doesn't see the point in extended analysis.

He's also married. (Of course).
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww. Strange, being IxTp and making such quick friendship with an EIE

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: version enfj

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    last night i was at a party and met a guy i am completely sure is enfj. we made quick friends. he was a really 'lyrical' guy, in that he said things in ways that really put people out(showing genuine interest and not being overlymasculine), especially some of my friends. i didn't really mind. he seemed interested in some of the same things as I am. it is hard to explain, but he had a foppish manner, was well-spoken, and something of a sensitive-male stereotype. he really wanted to talk about imperial china and buddhism and his special connection to buddhism. but not in a way that was strange or disrespectful to the religion, but in a way that suggested genuine fascination. he seemed like someone who very much could study history and be very excited about artifacts. he also seemed gay, and i think that put people out quite a bit. anyway, the whole time he was talking to me was strange because he kept doing strange things. like if i shifted body position, he would shift body position, and he always tried to be standing directly in front of me when speaking. i think it made him nervous that i wasn't making a lot of eye contact or something. his eyes were kindly but very melacholy in that he looked like a person whom a gaze could kill.
    he said some unexpected things for such a short lived friendship-
    i was telling him all about road biking and as he put it 'the anatomy' of different bikes. he said he thought it was really great that i'd found my niche in life and that he hasn't and wanted to. i suppose i am generally very open to other people and don't mind them sharing their life like that, but i can see how a majority of people would definitely be put out by someone that forward with their pscyhe and problems.

anyway. he seems like a cool guy, and forwhatever reason he wants to be my friend. i think? he could want something else.

thought i'd share. i'm going to take a good break from this forum. i have a difficult exam approaching and i've been a little too invested lately. you folks keep it real.

This guy you are talking about is exactly me.... everything you mention is the same I am a devoted buddha follower and a future history professor... oh and one more thing... do people really think we are gay? it just make me wonder becuase i do act a little like one LOL.... Maybe because we go by the flow a little bit too much.