Thread: ESTj and imagination

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESTj and imagination

Are ESTjs the least imaginative of all types?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't stand people who only focus on unrealistic things........
    Like, my art history class. Taught by an INFp. She was nice, and I wanted to protect her a lot because she had trouble with getting the class - intro level art history where everyone is taking it just because they have to.
    But.... it seems difficult for me to appreciate someone going on and on and on about the abstract and mystical qualities of a civilization that is all but died out, or why said civilization's gods were unique.
    I mean, it is nice I suppose, and I'm not going to say such things couldn't be studied... but I could never, ever do that as a job or preferred occupation. It is just anti-productive.

Not all ESTjs lack imagination though. I know one that has a good library, and also, is a star trek and star wars fan. He is also a carpenter.
    He was not one to bring up "ideas" or whatever, just practical stuff. But he could appreciate things like star trek, at least.Would you see him at a convention? Very unlikely. (edit: he also has a good house and supports his family well through his work, etc)

The other ESTj I know well is in the military (go figure), and generally watches sports (go figure) when he is not dealing with house stuff (go figure), like making sure he + his wife buy the cheapest groceries (go figure) for the best quality (go figure). He lives in a good house, with a good family, in a good part of town. He seems like "the prototypical" LSE that everyone characterizes. Definitely characteristics of a caregiver, rational, and delta. He never mentions imaginative stuff, although it just never comes up in his general vicinity. He cares a lot about his family, and makes sure they do practical things that will lead to success.

I wouldn't say he, or any LSE I know, "lacks" or "hates" imagination... they just seriously do not like to spend time on things that don't matter or aren't important, or have no relevance to what is happening right now (see signature). I could see the delta STs as being the least imaginative. Although, all of the STs really. ISTjs hardly seem imaginative, but, they can be taken and swayed by ENFjs...
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying I am pro polytheism or pro monotheism, the point is, (which I forgot to highlight), studying art forms related to them is not directly appealing. The only thing I like about art is its relation to society, historical context. Otherwise, it is not useful to me.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think estjs are witty, and can be creative. I dont know about imaginative though. A lot of deltas are into WoW though.. that requires imagination.