Thread: PORL as the constant enemy

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PORL as the constant enemy

Is that generally how you 'feel' about your polr?

As in, it is always there, unfortunately, and there is nothing you can do about it?

Would an Ni polr be feeling like you are always losing time rapidly? I can either be content, and just not think about it, or, always know I have something to do, and feel slightly discontent, it seems. It seems like "avoiding it" is the easy way out, but, it is still there.

More later.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps not feeling you have enough time left, or mistaking the amount of time you do have. Or even refusing to acknowledge that time exists altogether. (I've seen one such theory peddled by a mathematician...)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PORL as the constant enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Courage

As in, it is always there, unfortunately, and there is nothing you can do about it?

Would an Ni polr be feeling like you are always losing time rapidly? I can either be content, and just not think about it, or, always know I have something to do, and feel slightly discontent, it seems. It seems like "avoiding it" is the easy way out, but, it is still there.

More later.
    I've wondered the same about external sensing. I can't quite qualify in words how to describe it. Maybe that's why it is a weakness. I certainly do identify with the 'force, willfulness' aspect of Se as a weakness. I often seem to make a conscious effort to hide away, push aside, or explain away feelings of anger or desires to coerce and consequently I find that I never know how to express that side of me, even if demanded.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ESTj-Te Subtype
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I tend to view my polr as almost my second creative function. Using both creative and polr seems like a lot of effort to me, but of course I seem to get a lot more done with my creative. It's like, with I'll plan out what I need to do, be pretty efficient in how I get things done, and even when I "fail" I interpret it flexibly and prepare myself for the next creative challenge.

With my polr, in a lot of ways it's similar to creative, in that I'll notice the effort I put into it, and you notice how good the results feel. Of course you don't get results nearly as often. It's a lot more frustrating, and often time I just end up paying lip service to it, ignoring it in favor of my creative. In both my creative and polr I don't like much help. For my creative function, its much less frustrating because the advise of others is see as clearly inferior to what I know is my strength. But for my polr, it's completely frustrating because I want to either take care of it myself, as if I'm a prideful cripple trying to take his first steps after an accident, or simply ignore it.

On a side note, personally, I don't necessarily believe in the inherent calamity of a relationship with your conflictor, since at least the base function is accepting, and their strengths are at least different enough from each other that they can cover each others weak points. I don't notice polr hits too badly with my conflictor. Role hits happen pretty frequently, and perhaps even personal knowledge hits, if their HA is strong enough. Still, using the demonstrative function a bit more tends to mitigate a lot of the effects, and in the long term a supervisor relation will probably emerge. Still, it's definitely not the healthiest thing.

:edit: I was thinking about this some more, and it seems to fit that 6th and 7th function interaction would be one of the sorest points of a conflictor relationship. The use of the somewhat underdeveloped 6th function from which many of your motivations arise, judged and devalued by the critical 7th function of the other. Just a thought. :edit:

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PORL as the constant enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Re: PORL as the constant enemy

Yes... but there's reason for it right now. "Restriction of one major leg joint can increase the energy used in walking by as much as 40%. If two major joints are restricted in the same leg it can increase by as much as 300%." And it's not just that... My massage therapist told me that sometimes she's not sure how I can hold my head upright because my scalenes are so taut. That uses up energy, too. And then there's everything else...

What I'm trying to say is that sometimes people are confronted with their PoLR more so than other times.

I don't know if that's how people with a Ni PoLR feel or not, but there are a lot of reasons a person could feel that way.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've sometimes felt like I'm running out of time (in general) and I'm Ni dominant =/
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances