Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: aestrivex's enneagram type

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default aestrivex's enneagram type

inspired by joy's new and original type thread at the EIDB (enneagram institute discussion board), i did something extremely original and asked that community what my enneagram type was.

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/fo...TOPIC_ID=17424

basically what i found out was that they understand the enneagram a lot better than i do. every single person that commented said either 5w6/6w5 or 6w5. i, however, found the emphasis on 6w5 over 5w6 (which i consider my correct type) to be rather interesting. one guy presented the convincing idea that the way i treated the enneagram with skepticism pointed to type 6 over type 5.

i am not really sure that my emphasis on skepticism was a good indicator of 6>5, primarily because i think that the discussion of my skepticism of the enneagram as compared to socionics is extremely pertinent upon the creation of a type thread, which incidentally also served as an introductory post to that BB. nonetheless, i see the point and do agree that the way i want some assurance that something works before delving into something seems to point, as one guy so eloquently (though imprecisely) put it, to "trust" issues.

what do you think of this? is 6w5 a possibility?

(also possibly relevant is this thread from socionix in which i asked ashton what he thought my ennagram type. his initial suggestion was something along the lines of "6w5, maybe 5w6." i don't really care about his opinion since i think he's nuts but i'm not sure if his enneagram knowledge is any better than that of socionics, but i thought i'd throw it out there anyway regardless).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Head type - no question about it.

My LII best friend is a 5w6w5. Originally he thought 5w6, but 6w5 is a possibility. EIDB had him down as a 6w5.

The main distinction between 5w6 and 6w5 is that 5w6s are much less in their bodies. They're not as aware or careful about their body as 6w5s are. Take Steve McQueen, a 6w5 who admittedly snorted coke and smoked pot (and a LOT of cigarettes) on a regular basis, but who also had a strict two-hour daily workout session. A 5w6 is much more likely to just sit, eat and sleep at his computer 24/7, except when he has to go out in order to work so that he has money with which he can buy food so that he can continue to think and reflect all day.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Head type - no question about it.

My LII best friend is a 5w6w5. Originally he thought 5w6, but 6w5 is a possibility. EIDB had him down as a 6w5.

The main distinction between 5w6 and 6w5 is that 5w6s are much less in their bodies. They're not as aware or careful about their body as 6w5s are. Take Steve McQueen, a 6w5 who admittedly snorted coke and smoked pot (and a LOT of cigarettes) on a regular basis, but who also had a strict two-hour daily workout session. A 5w6 is much more likely to just sit, eat and sleep at his computer 24/7, except when he has to go out in order to work so that he has money with which he can buy food so that he can continue to think and reflect all day.
    if this is true, the latter is me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 is not a possibility. 5w6 is.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    why not?

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe 1... without variant and wings.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    what makes you think that?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    why not?
    It is definitely a possibility - Phaedrus is just doing his correlation thing (which is limiting and inflexible).

Poor analysis. Every type has a variant and dominant wing.

Besides, if he was a 1, his grammar would be perfect. Since he writes in lower case consistently, he is not a 1.

Also, 1s are EJs and IJs. Trying to claim they fit into EP or IP is like trying to show that 7s can be EJs or IJs, which they can't. niffweed is neither an IJ or EJ. You can tell by the way he writes.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sixes and Fives can quite readily mistype, especially if the wing is strong and the Six is intellectual. It is typically Sixes who mistype, or are mistyped by others as Five, rather than the reverse. Both types can be drawn to systems of thought, and counterphobia in Sixes can mimic the iconoclasm common in type Five. Sixes, however, tend to relate far better than Fives do to whomever is a part of their social scene, and Sixes, in general, tend to find it easier to find a niche than do the more idiosyncratic Fives. As a general rule, Sixes are more likely to look for and find practical applications to theory than do Fives who are often uninterested in such considerations. Finally, Sixes, unlike Fives, do not habitually detach under pressure.
    http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=33:33

niffweed, do you know what your stack is?

http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=80:80
    http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=86:80
    http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=87:80

Are there any other remotely possible types?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what makes you think that?
    nah, you're five. I just wrote it waiting what would you answer. Anyway, I don't relate "grammar" with type. People have the tendency to type with irrelevant conclusion by the way( And of course... If Im ethical I have my inherent power empathy for people...).

I said 1, but the conclusion is pretty obvious. Even if he were 1, I don't just see him with 9 or 2 wings.

5w6w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny to see you guys forming raiding parties to the EIDB...

I can't see any other type but 5w6, probably sp/so. CP 6-wing is really clear. All that posting of irrelevant content in responses -- it's like an automatic passive-aggressive protest whenever you think something inherently a waste of time.

Since I don't detect the typical type 6 "bristle" (except what would normally be associated with the 6-wing), I haven't really seen 6 core. Also -- you seem eminently capable of directions to type 7 and 8, both clearly accessible to a type 5. No evidence of 3 and 9 lines at all.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Since I don't detect the typical type 6 "bristle" (except what would normally be associated with the 6-wing), I haven't really seen 6 core. Also -- you seem eminently capable of directions to type 7 and 8
    on both counts, why? what exactly is the 6 "bristle?"

also, why sp/so?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have always considered myself an sp primary variant. i don't know about sx and so.

Are there any other remotely possible types?
    no, not really. if there are other real possibilities i'm not aware of them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME, most ILI are Fours.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    IME, most ILI are Fours.
    What bullshit. 4s are the epitome of ethical types. It's like trying to claim that most SLIs are 3s.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME, most ILI are Fours.
    What bullshit. 4s are the epitome of ethical types. It's like trying to claim that most SLIs are 3s.
    I don't know, but machintruc is right in 'some way. 4 with strong 5 wings can be not mostly of course, but be typed as a ILI if the ILI have strong .
    All we know that ILI is mostly 5, but I believe that ILI can be 5w4w5... anyway, this is not related with niffweed17.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME, most ILI are Fours.
    I don't know, but machintruc is right in 'some way. 4 with strong 5 wings can be not mostly of course, but be typed as a ILI if the ILI have strong .
    All we know that ILI is mostly 5, but I believe that ILI can be 5w4w5... anyway, this is not related with niffweed17.
    Ezra is right and machintruc is wrong. Every 4 is an ethical type. Every 5 is a logical type. And every ILI is a 5. (And therefore niffweed17 is also a 5.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: my enneagram type

every single person that commented said either 5w6/6w5 or 6w5. i, however, found the emphasis on 6w5 over 5w6 (which i consider my correct type) to be rather interesting.
    This is interesting in the sense that I am most likely 5w6 or 6w5 too. Perhaps I should see if the enneagram community agrees with this. Some years ago one enneagram "practitioner" told me I'm likely a 5. I didn't know much about enneagram back then but it supports me usually testing 5w6 or 6w5.

I don't resist either 5w6 or 6w5 for you atm. I associate you more with 5 though but I haven't met you so...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra is right and machintruc is wrong. Every 4 is an ethical type. Every 5 is a logical type. And every ILI is a 5. (And therefore niffweed17 is also a 5.)
    wonderful. meet my ignore list, at least for a little while.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, that sounds pretty ridiculous
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    yeah, that sounds pretty ridiculous
    Well it is still true. And doesn't it seem pretty ridiculous of niffweed to ignore the truth? Someone has to tell the truth when people refuse to see the obvious. Some truths are not that complicated.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the truth?

Look, the theories are not perfectly compatible. There are some correlations that are pretty much guaranteed not to present themselves in healthy people (like an SEI being an 8 or a SLE being a 9), but I can't think of a single socionics type that can only be ONE SPECIFIC enneagram type. I also can't think of a single enneagram type that can only be ONE SPECIFIC socionics type.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I do think that most ILI's are 5 though.)
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I do think that most ILI's are 4 though.)
    Why? I really want to know how you reason there.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typo. That was supposed to say 5. I've corrected it.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME, most ILI are Fours.
    4s fullstop cannot be ILIs. 5w4s, however, can be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I don't detect the typical type 6 "bristle" (except what would normally be associated with the 6-wing), I haven't really seen 6 core. Also -- you seem eminently capable of directions to type 7 and 8
    on both counts, why? what exactly is the 6 "bristle?"

also, why sp/so?
    Well... 6s typically express their underlying anxiety through a kind of communication "bristle", whether that's agitation, paranoia, defensiveness, concern, etc. 7w6s share a lot of this whenever they're insecure, also, as the core 7 type is reactive and often reinforces and augments their emotional instability. Core type 5 however, is typically dispassionate and emotionally guarded. Emotionality may be there, but more likely channelled and harnessed through wing interests. (w6s tend toward science and logical heuristics while w4s tend toward artistic and aesthetic concerns.) Both wing types of 5s are intellectualizers.

sp/so because I've yet to see evidence of sx variant. (I reserve the right to adjust my guess with more information).

Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every 5 is a logical type.
    Not necessarily. It is quite common for 5s to be ethical types.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, the theories are not perfectly compatible.
    They are relatively compatible.

There are some correlations that are pretty much guaranteed not to present themselves in healthy people (like an SEI being an 8 or a SLE being a 9), but I can't think of a single socionics type that can only be ONE SPECIFIC enneagram type.
    I thought that, until you really think about it. Think of another type that could possibly be an ILI save 5. 1s, 3s and 8s are NEVER IPs. 2s, 4s and 9s are NOT logical types. And an ILI 6 or 7? I think not.

I also can't think of a single enneagram type that can only be ONE SPECIFIC socionics type.
    Agree for the moment.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... 6s typically express their underlying anxiety through a kind of communication "bristle", whether that's agitation, paranoia, defensiveness, concern, etc. 7w6s share a lot of this whenever they're insecure
    As do 6w7s.

sp/so because I've yet to see evidence of sx variant. (I reserve the right to adjust my guess with more information).
    How could you possibly know that niffweed is adept at seeing the chemistry between individuals?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... 6s typically express their underlying anxiety through a kind of communication "bristle", whether that's agitation, paranoia, defensiveness, concern, etc. 7w6s share a lot of this whenever they're insecure
    As do 6w7s.
    That goes without saying, as 6w7 is a 6. I was just addressing the extent of w6 influence in adjacent types (5 and 7)

How could you possibly know that niffweed is adept at seeing the chemistry between individuals?
    That sounds more like than sx variant. I can qualify and say he seems obviously sp-first also. He may yet be sp/sx, but I think that would manifest in some affiliative tendency toward someone here. And I haven't seen that at all.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that, until you really think about it. Think of another type that could possibly be an ILI save 5. 1s, 3s and 8s are NEVER IPs. 2s, 4s and 9s are NOT logical types. And an ILI 6 or 7? I think not.
    i could easily see ILIs as 4s or 6s, and possibly 7 or 8. you take these correlations far too literally.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He may yet be sp/sx, but I think that would manifest in some affiliative tendency toward someone here. And I haven't seen that at all.
    what kind of "affiliative tendency?"

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus, those enneagram institute people have too much Fe for me O_O

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which type(s)? Can you give one or two examples?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds more like than sx variant. I can qualify and say he seems obviously sp-first also. He may yet be sp/sx, but I think that would manifest in some affiliative tendency toward someone here. And I haven't seen that at all.
    You do realise that variants change in how they manifest themselves from type to type? For example, an sp 7 looks different to an sp 2.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could easily see ILIs as 4s or 6s, and possibly 7 or 8. you take these correlations far too literally.
    ILI AS 7 OR 8? NO CHANCE.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean?
    It's almost impossible for me to imagine any ethical types as a 5. That's why I want to see if you can change my mind. I strongly believe that only a logical type can be a 5. If I am wrong I want to know how that can be. I want to hear your arguments and see at least one example of an ethical type that is also a 5. (For reasons that I have explained elsewhere, snegledmaca is not a good candidate.)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean?
    It's almost impossible for me to imagine any ethical types as a 5. That's why I want to see if you can change my mind. I strongly believe that only a logical type can be a 5. If I am wrong I want to know how that can be. I want to hear your arguments and see at least one example of an ethical type that is also a 5. (For reasons that I have explained elsewhere, snegledmaca is not a good candidate.)
    I agree completely with Phaedrus. I may imagine the possibility of a 5 being a feeler, but I would quickly conclude that:

1)The description of type 5 does not encompass any quality of feeling types
    2)I have never known a feeling type to be a type 5
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast