Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 82

Thread: aestrivex's enneagram type

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default aestrivex's enneagram type

    inspired by joy's new and original type thread at the EIDB (enneagram institute discussion board), i did something extremely original and asked that community what my enneagram type was.

    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/fo...TOPIC_ID=17424



    basically what i found out was that they understand the enneagram a lot better than i do. every single person that commented said either 5w6/6w5 or 6w5. i, however, found the emphasis on 6w5 over 5w6 (which i consider my correct type) to be rather interesting. one guy presented the convincing idea that the way i treated the enneagram with skepticism pointed to type 6 over type 5.


    i am not really sure that my emphasis on skepticism was a good indicator of 6>5, primarily because i think that the discussion of my skepticism of the enneagram as compared to socionics is extremely pertinent upon the creation of a type thread, which incidentally also served as an introductory post to that BB. nonetheless, i see the point and do agree that the way i want some assurance that something works before delving into something seems to point, as one guy so eloquently (though imprecisely) put it, to "trust" issues.


    what do you think of this? is 6w5 a possibility?



    (also possibly relevant is this thread from socionix in which i asked ashton what he thought my ennagram type. his initial suggestion was something along the lines of "6w5, maybe 5w6." i don't really care about his opinion since i think he's nuts but i'm not sure if his enneagram knowledge is any better than that of socionics, but i thought i'd throw it out there anyway regardless).

  2. #2
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Head type - no question about it.

    My LII best friend is a 5w6w5. Originally he thought 5w6, but 6w5 is a possibility. EIDB had him down as a 6w5.

    The main distinction between 5w6 and 6w5 is that 5w6s are much less in their bodies. They're not as aware or careful about their body as 6w5s are. Take Steve McQueen, a 6w5 who admittedly snorted coke and smoked pot (and a LOT of cigarettes) on a regular basis, but who also had a strict two-hour daily workout session. A 5w6 is much more likely to just sit, eat and sleep at his computer 24/7, except when he has to go out in order to work so that he has money with which he can buy food so that he can continue to think and reflect all day.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Head type - no question about it.

    My LII best friend is a 5w6w5. Originally he thought 5w6, but 6w5 is a possibility. EIDB had him down as a 6w5.

    The main distinction between 5w6 and 6w5 is that 5w6s are much less in their bodies. They're not as aware or careful about their body as 6w5s are. Take Steve McQueen, a 6w5 who admittedly snorted coke and smoked pot (and a LOT of cigarettes) on a regular basis, but who also had a strict two-hour daily workout session. A 5w6 is much more likely to just sit, eat and sleep at his computer 24/7, except when he has to go out in order to work so that he has money with which he can buy food so that he can continue to think and reflect all day.
    if this is true, the latter is me.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    6w5 is not a possibility. 5w6 is.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    6w5 is not a possibility. 5w6 is.
    why not?

  6. #6
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    maybe 1... without variant and wings.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normal
    maybe 1... without variant and wings.
    what makes you think that?

  8. #8
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    6w5 is not a possibility. 5w6 is.
    why not?
    It is definitely a possibility - Phaedrus is just doing his correlation thing (which is limiting and inflexible).

    Quote Originally Posted by normal
    maybe 1... without variant and wings.
    Poor analysis. Every type has a variant and dominant wing.

    Besides, if he was a 1, his grammar would be perfect. Since he writes in lower case consistently, he is not a 1.

    Also, 1s are EJs and IJs. Trying to claim they fit into EP or IP is like trying to show that 7s can be EJs or IJs, which they can't. niffweed is neither an IJ or EJ. You can tell by the way he writes.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  9. #9
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sixes and Fives can quite readily mistype, especially if the wing is strong and the Six is intellectual. It is typically Sixes who mistype, or are mistyped by others as Five, rather than the reverse. Both types can be drawn to systems of thought, and counterphobia in Sixes can mimic the iconoclasm common in type Five. Sixes, however, tend to relate far better than Fives do to whomever is a part of their social scene, and Sixes, in general, tend to find it easier to find a niche than do the more idiosyncratic Fives. As a general rule, Sixes are more likely to look for and find practical applications to theory than do Fives who are often uninterested in such considerations. Finally, Sixes, unlike Fives, do not habitually detach under pressure.
    http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=33:33

    niffweed, do you know what your stack is?

    http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=80:80
    http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=86:80
    http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=87:80

    Are there any other remotely possible types?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  10. #10
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by normal
    maybe 1... without variant and wings.
    what makes you think that?
    nah, you're five. I just wrote it waiting what would you answer. Anyway, I don't relate "grammar" with type. People have the tendency to type with irrelevant conclusion by the way( And of course... If Im ethical I have my inherent power empathy for people...).

    I said 1, but the conclusion is pretty obvious. Even if he were 1, I don't just see him with 9 or 2 wings.

    5w6w5

  11. #11
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Funny to see you guys forming raiding parties to the EIDB...

    I can't see any other type but 5w6, probably sp/so. CP 6-wing is really clear. All that posting of irrelevant content in responses -- it's like an automatic passive-aggressive protest whenever you think something inherently a waste of time.

    Since I don't detect the typical type 6 "bristle" (except what would normally be associated with the 6-wing), I haven't really seen 6 core. Also -- you seem eminently capable of directions to type 7 and 8, both clearly accessible to a type 5. No evidence of 3 and 9 lines at all.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Since I don't detect the typical type 6 "bristle" (except what would normally be associated with the 6-wing), I haven't really seen 6 core. Also -- you seem eminently capable of directions to type 7 and 8
    on both counts, why? what exactly is the 6 "bristle?"

    also, why sp/so?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have always considered myself an sp primary variant. i don't know about sx and so.


    Are there any other remotely possible types?
    no, not really. if there are other real possibilities i'm not aware of them.

  14. #14
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IME, most ILI are Fours.

  15. #15
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    IME, most ILI are Fours.
    What bullshit. 4s are the epitome of ethical types. It's like trying to claim that most SLIs are 3s.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  16. #16
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    IME, most ILI are Fours.
    What bullshit. 4s are the epitome of ethical types. It's like trying to claim that most SLIs are 3s.
    I don't know, but machintruc is right in 'some way. 4 with strong 5 wings can be not mostly of course, but be typed as a ILI if the ILI have strong .
    All we know that ILI is mostly 5, but I believe that ILI can be 5w4w5... anyway, this is not related with niffweed17.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normal
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    IME, most ILI are Fours.
    What bullshit. 4s are the epitome of ethical types. It's like trying to claim that most SLIs are 3s.
    I don't know, but machintruc is right in 'some way. 4 with strong 5 wings can be not mostly of course, but be typed as a ILI if the ILI have strong .
    All we know that ILI is mostly 5, but I believe that ILI can be 5w4w5... anyway, this is not related with niffweed17.
    Ezra is right and machintruc is wrong. Every 4 is an ethical type. Every 5 is a logical type. And every ILI is a 5. (And therefore niffweed17 is also a 5.)

  18. #18
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: my enneagram type

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    every single person that commented said either 5w6/6w5 or 6w5. i, however, found the emphasis on 6w5 over 5w6 (which i consider my correct type) to be rather interesting.
    This is interesting in the sense that I am most likely 5w6 or 6w5 too. Perhaps I should see if the enneagram community agrees with this. Some years ago one enneagram "practitioner" told me I'm likely a 5. I didn't know much about enneagram back then but it supports me usually testing 5w6 or 6w5.

    I don't resist either 5w6 or 6w5 for you atm. I associate you more with 5 though but I haven't met you so...

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Ezra is right and machintruc is wrong. Every 4 is an ethical type. Every 5 is a logical type. And every ILI is a 5. (And therefore niffweed17 is also a 5.)
    wonderful. meet my ignore list, at least for a little while.

  20. #20
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, that sounds pretty ridiculous
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    yeah, that sounds pretty ridiculous
    Well it is still true. And doesn't it seem pretty ridiculous of niffweed to ignore the truth? Someone has to tell the truth when people refuse to see the obvious. Some truths are not that complicated.

  22. #22
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the truth?



    Look, the theories are not perfectly compatible. There are some correlations that are pretty much guaranteed not to present themselves in healthy people (like an SEI being an 8 or a SLE being a 9), but I can't think of a single socionics type that can only be ONE SPECIFIC enneagram type. I also can't think of a single enneagram type that can only be ONE SPECIFIC socionics type.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  23. #23
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    (I do think that most ILI's are 5 though.)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    (I do think that most ILI's are 4 though.)
    Why? I really want to know how you reason there.

  25. #25
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Typo. That was supposed to say 5. I've corrected it.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  26. #26
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normal
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    IME, most ILI are Fours.
    What bullshit. 4s are the epitome of ethical types. It's like trying to claim that most SLIs are 3s.
    I don't know, but machintruc is right in 'some way. 4 with strong 5 wings can be not mostly of course, but be typed as a ILI if the ILI have strong .
    All we know that ILI is mostly 5, but I believe that ILI can be 5w4w5... anyway, this is not related with niffweed17.
    4s fullstop cannot be ILIs. 5w4s, however, can be.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  27. #27
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Since I don't detect the typical type 6 "bristle" (except what would normally be associated with the 6-wing), I haven't really seen 6 core. Also -- you seem eminently capable of directions to type 7 and 8
    on both counts, why? what exactly is the 6 "bristle?"

    also, why sp/so?
    Well... 6s typically express their underlying anxiety through a kind of communication "bristle", whether that's agitation, paranoia, defensiveness, concern, etc. 7w6s share a lot of this whenever they're insecure, also, as the core 7 type is reactive and often reinforces and augments their emotional instability. Core type 5 however, is typically dispassionate and emotionally guarded. Emotionality may be there, but more likely channelled and harnessed through wing interests. (w6s tend toward science and logical heuristics while w4s tend toward artistic and aesthetic concerns.) Both wing types of 5s are intellectualizers.

    sp/so because I've yet to see evidence of sx variant. (I reserve the right to adjust my guess with more information).
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  28. #28
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Every 5 is a logical type.
    Not necessarily. It is quite common for 5s to be ethical types.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  29. #29
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Look, the theories are not perfectly compatible.
    They are relatively compatible.

    There are some correlations that are pretty much guaranteed not to present themselves in healthy people (like an SEI being an 8 or a SLE being a 9), but I can't think of a single socionics type that can only be ONE SPECIFIC enneagram type.
    I thought that, until you really think about it. Think of another type that could possibly be an ILI save 5. 1s, 3s and 8s are NEVER IPs. 2s, 4s and 9s are NOT logical types. And an ILI 6 or 7? I think not.

    I also can't think of a single enneagram type that can only be ONE SPECIFIC socionics type.
    Agree for the moment.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  30. #30
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Well... 6s typically express their underlying anxiety through a kind of communication "bristle", whether that's agitation, paranoia, defensiveness, concern, etc. 7w6s share a lot of this whenever they're insecure
    As do 6w7s.

    sp/so because I've yet to see evidence of sx variant. (I reserve the right to adjust my guess with more information).
    How could you possibly know that niffweed is adept at seeing the chemistry between individuals?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  31. #31
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Well... 6s typically express their underlying anxiety through a kind of communication "bristle", whether that's agitation, paranoia, defensiveness, concern, etc. 7w6s share a lot of this whenever they're insecure
    As do 6w7s.
    That goes without saying, as 6w7 is a 6. I was just addressing the extent of w6 influence in adjacent types (5 and 7)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    sp/so because I've yet to see evidence of sx variant. (I reserve the right to adjust my guess with more information).
    How could you possibly know that niffweed is adept at seeing the chemistry between individuals?
    That sounds more like than sx variant. I can qualify and say he seems obviously sp-first also. He may yet be sp/sx, but I think that would manifest in some affiliative tendency toward someone here. And I haven't seen that at all.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra

    I thought that, until you really think about it. Think of another type that could possibly be an ILI save 5. 1s, 3s and 8s are NEVER IPs. 2s, 4s and 9s are NOT logical types. And an ILI 6 or 7? I think not.
    i could easily see ILIs as 4s or 6s, and possibly 7 or 8. you take these correlations far too literally.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    He may yet be sp/sx, but I think that would manifest in some affiliative tendency toward someone here. And I haven't seen that at all.
    what kind of "affiliative tendency?"

  34. #34
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jesus, those enneagram institute people have too much Fe for me O_O

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Every 5 is a logical type.
    Not necessarily. It is quite common for 5s to be ethical types.
    Which type(s)? Can you give one or two examples?

  36. #36
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    That sounds more like than sx variant. I can qualify and say he seems obviously sp-first also. He may yet be sp/sx, but I think that would manifest in some affiliative tendency toward someone here. And I haven't seen that at all.
    You do realise that variants change in how they manifest themselves from type to type? For example, an sp 7 looks different to an sp 2.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  37. #37
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra

    I thought that, until you really think about it. Think of another type that could possibly be an ILI save 5. 1s, 3s and 8s are NEVER IPs. 2s, 4s and 9s are NOT logical types. And an ILI 6 or 7? I think not.
    i could easily see ILIs as 4s or 6s, and possibly 7 or 8. you take these correlations far too literally.
    ILI AS 7 OR 8? NO CHANCE.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  38. #38
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Every 5 is a logical type.
    Not necessarily. It is quite common for 5s to be ethical types.
    Which type(s)? Can you give one or two examples?
    What do you mean?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Every 5 is a logical type.
    Not necessarily. It is quite common for 5s to be ethical types.
    Which type(s)? Can you give one or two examples?
    What do you mean?
    It's almost impossible for me to imagine any ethical types as a 5. That's why I want to see if you can change my mind. I strongly believe that only a logical type can be a 5. If I am wrong I want to know how that can be. I want to hear your arguments and see at least one example of an ethical type that is also a 5. (For reasons that I have explained elsewhere, snegledmaca is not a good candidate.)

  40. #40
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Every 5 is a logical type.
    Not necessarily. It is quite common for 5s to be ethical types.
    Which type(s)? Can you give one or two examples?
    What do you mean?
    It's almost impossible for me to imagine any ethical types as a 5. That's why I want to see if you can change my mind. I strongly believe that only a logical type can be a 5. If I am wrong I want to know how that can be. I want to hear your arguments and see at least one example of an ethical type that is also a 5. (For reasons that I have explained elsewhere, snegledmaca is not a good candidate.)
    I agree completely with Phaedrus. I may imagine the possibility of a 5 being a feeler, but I would quickly conclude that:

    1)The description of type 5 does not encompass any quality of feeling types
    2)I have never known a feeling type to be a type 5
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •