Threaded View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vladimir Putin

type?

Vladimir Putin's quotes:

"I believe in the person. I believe in his or her good intentions. I believe that we all have come here to create good. And if we do this, and do this together, we will succeed in our relations and in the relations between our countries. But the most important thing that we will achieve by this - we will attain comfort in our own hearts."
    — Vladimir Putin

"The people must feel for themselves, on their daily budget, on their own pockets, on their health, on the education of their children, that something in the country is changing for the better. Only then can we count on their support and enjoy their trust. If this does not occur, then it will turn into a situation that we now see in some developed economies, where hundreds of thousands of people take to the streets and demand that which the governments of these countries are actually incapable of fulfilling."
    — Vladimir Putin

"Over the past decade the country has seen some fundamental changes .... However, the letter of the law and real life are still sometimes too far apart."
    — Vladimir Putin

"For me, Russia - is all my life. I cannot imagine myself outside of Russia for a second. I feel a connection to Russia, I could never live outside of it. But, of course, Russia can do without people like me - it has many people."
    — Vladimir Putin

"We need to learn how to accurately yet understandably explain to the people the problems that we face. We must prove that we offer viable solutions to these problems, and not be afraid to admit mistakes, at the same time analyzing them and correcting them in time."
    — Vladimir Putin

"You cannot promise everything, all at once. You cannot turn into promise-man who makes promises in order to mislead people and "powder up" their minds, only to break through to become an official and authority, and then proceed to take care of his or her own problems, not thinking about carrying out the unfulfillable promises."
    — Vladimir Putin

"Among the people whom we meet and talk to there are a lot of those who are disappointed, lost, confused. It is our duty to show these people the way to the end of the tunnel."
    — Vladimir Putin

"Knowledge is the best currency of the 21st century."
    — Vladimir Putin

"The American initiative is a proposal to burn down the house in order to cook an omelet."
    — Vladimir Putin

"Those who feel no regret for the collapse of Soviet Union have no heart; those who want to recreate it in the same form have no mind."
    — Vladimir Putin

"As was mentioned in one Italian film: "... a real man should always try, the real woman should always resist". This means that the powers tends to reduce the amount of criticism in their own address, and the media always draws attention to the errors of the authorities."
    — Vladimir Putin

The study of the origins of the last name Putin is of intertest to many people involved in onomatology (the science that studies the surname, patronymic, nicknames, aliases, etc.). This question was of interets to me. After a lengthy study of various sources, I was able to identify two main versions of the origin of this name:
    1. The first version is that the origin of this name is derived from the word "path" or "way" (rus: "put'"). This is disputed among onomatology scientists that this name could not have been formed directly from the word "way", that most of the "road-travel" names (Dorozhin, Dorozhkin) actually come from peasant names (same Dorozhin - from Dorofei). But the word "way" in addition to the modern meaning of "road", in ancient language also had a few other meanings such as "benefit, income" as well as "right, good order"; from this comes the word "putnii" which means "righteous, worthwhile", "someone on the good path", "something beneficial for one's way".
    2. The second version says that the origins of the name Putin could be a diminutive form of a bipartite ancient names: Putislav, Putimir, Putisil. In everyday life, they could be pronounced as Putia, Putala, Putiata, etc.
    The geographical origin of the last name Putin is with villages Turginovo and Pominovo located on the border of modern Moscow and Tver regions, near the river Shoshi.

Last edited by silke; 06-11-2018 at 10:21 AM. Reason: updated links
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.