Thread: too bad you're not us

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default too bad you're not us...

it sucks to not be gamma. we're so cool. what makes us the best?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your pickle

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

financial freedom + family

Not that other quadras don't value these things... but this is a strong theme in Gamma adults.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: too bad you're not us...

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly! their everyday use of ellipses.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    Exactly! their everyday use of ellipses.
    precisely

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

Not that other quadras don't value these things... but this is a strong theme in Gamma adults.
    right, and i generally value that which i do not possess....

maybe one day.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i value freedom from everything and everyone. i value true, real, never-changing love and will continue searching until i find it. i feel that life is all about experiences and that you should try everything once. My greatest fear is being on my death bed and thinking that i lived an average life and played it safe. i don't want any regrets- "if only i...". I would rather someone tell me they hate me than to tell me that they're disappointed me. I hate being disappointed in others and try everything in my power for others to not be disappointed with me. Loyalty is a huge deal with me- once you lose my trust it's close to impossible for things to be the same again afterwards. I need criticism to make me better and it makes me sad when other people get offended by the criticism I give- i do it because i care, and i want you to be able to do the same for me. I refuse to get worse at anything- i need to constantly be improving, constantly better. i always feel like people are taking advantage of me- it's not cool. i wish i had zero responsibilities and could just have fun and enjoy life until i die- having even one responsibility or one duty to accomplish in a day makes me want to rip my hair out- i bring procrastination to an art form. i love everything about INTp's and the rest of my quadra and feel lucky to be apart of it with them <3
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This got to do with quadra?

I think Delta strongly value these two elements as well.

My greatest fear is being on my death bed and thinking that i lived an average life and played it safe. i don't want any regrets- "if only i...".
    Let's turn this the otherway around. What if all you have had, were just experiences, but you have forgotten all of them?
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    My greatest fear is being on my death bed and thinking that i lived an average life and played it safe. i don't want any regrets- "if only i...".
    Let's turn this the otherway around. What if all you have had, were just experiences, but you have forgotten all of them?
    what do u mean? if you're implying that i had like alzhemeir's or dementia then i guess my mind would be elsewhere and it really wouldn't matter. The importance of the experience to me isn't so much about placing value on them or intepreting them in anyway but to just have them if that makes any sense. I guess that shows why I'm and need your haha
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i value freedom from everything and everyone. i value true, real, never-changing love and will continue searching until i find it. i feel that life is all about experiences and that you should try everything once. My greatest fear is being on my death bed and thinking that i lived an average life and played it safe. i don't want any regrets- "if only i...". I would rather someone tell me they hate me than to tell me that they're disappointed me. I hate being disappointed in others and try everything in my power for others to not be disappointed with me. I need criticism to make me better and it makes me sad when other people get offended by the criticism I give- i do it because i care, and i want you to be able to do the same for me. I refuse to get worse at anything- i need to constantly be improving, constantly better. i always feel like people are taking advantage of me- it's not cool. i wish i had zero responsibilities and could just have fun and enjoy life until i die- having even one responsibility or one duty to accomplish in a day makes me want to rip my hair out- i bring procrastination to an art form. i love everything about INTp's and the rest of my quadra and feel lucky to be apart of it with them <3
    i only question how you can measure your improvement when you do not know your potential or actual value. these basic questions of value get me every time. think about it: let's say you are trying to determine whether or not you need to buy more milk. you look in the milk container and see about 1/8 left. clearly, it was important to know the total capacity of the milk container in order to decide, or at least a ratio proportionate to the actual amount of milk left: amount of milk which fills entire container. the problem with people trying to understand their value and purpose is that they cannot see the total capacity of themselves or their lives and, so, are stuck always thinking of themselves as 1/x. this is not terribly helpful when you want to know if you should buy milk.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    i value freedom from everything and everyone. i value true, real, never-changing love and will continue searching until i find it. i feel that life is all about experiences and that you should try everything once. My greatest fear is being on my death bed and thinking that i lived an average life and played it safe. i don't want any regrets- "if only i...". I would rather someone tell me they hate me than to tell me that they're disappointed me. I hate being disappointed in others and try everything in my power for others to not be disappointed with me. I need criticism to make me better and it makes me sad when other people get offended by the criticism I give- i do it because i care, and i want you to be able to do the same for me. I refuse to get worse at anything- i need to constantly be improving, constantly better. i always feel like people are taking advantage of me- it's not cool. i wish i had zero responsibilities and could just have fun and enjoy life until i die- having even one responsibility or one duty to accomplish in a day makes me want to rip my hair out- i bring procrastination to an art form. i love everything about INTp's and the rest of my quadra and feel lucky to be apart of it with them <3
    i only question how you can measure your improvement when you do not know your potential or actual value. these basic questions of value get me every time. think about it: let's say you are trying to determine whether or not you need to buy more milk. you look in the milk container and see about 1/8 left. clearly, it was important to know the total capacity of the milk container in order to decide, or at least a ratio proportionate to the actual amount of milk left: amount of milk which fills entire container. the problem with people trying to understand their value and purpose is that they cannot see the total capacity of themselves or their lives and, so, are stuck always thinking of themselves as 1/x. this is not terribly helpful when you want to know if you should buy milk.
    i understand where you're coming from however I guess I see where I am in my life in terms of body image, money, job, school (grades), friends, family, and whatever else is important to me at that time and make those aspects of my life better and better. I think you're looking into it from a very cool view however. I try to change myself in those ways too- socionics is great for that. It kinda gives you a guideline of how you could be/are if you are 100% stereotypical to your type. By acknowledging and realizing your weaknesses and using to try to make sure you don't make the past mistakes over again, you can improve upon yourself in that way.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My greatest fear is being on my death bed and thinking that i lived an average life and played it safe. i don't want any regrets- "if only i...". I would rather someone tell me they hate me than to tell me that they're disappointed me. I hate being disappointed in others and try everything in my power for others to not be disappointed with me. I need criticism to make me better and it makes me sad when other people get offended by the criticism I give- i do it because i care, and i want you to be able to do the same for me. I refuse to get worse at anything- i need to constantly be improving, constantly better. i always feel like people are taking advantage of me- it's not cool. i wish i had zero responsibilities and could just have fun and enjoy life until i die- having even one responsibility or one duty to accomplish in a day makes me want to rip my hair out- i bring procrastination to an art form.
    a-freaking-men!!! especially the bolded. procrastination to an art form? you have no idea hahaha (thats bad tho )

except i like being productive, which requires work/duty stuff. but i like because it makes the latter 50000times more enjoyable.

if you're implying that i had like alzhemeir's or dementia then i guess my mind would be elsewhere and it really wouldn't matter.
    it wouldn't matter. the memory of the experience is etched in your soul, FOREVVERRR bwahaha
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion
    My greatest fear is being on my death bed and thinking that i lived an average life and played it safe. i don't want any regrets- "if only i...". I would rather someone tell me they hate me than to tell me that they're disappointed me. I hate being disappointed in others and try everything in my power for others to not be disappointed with me. I need criticism to make me better and it makes me sad when other people get offended by the criticism I give- i do it because i care, and i want you to be able to do the same for me. I refuse to get worse at anything- i need to constantly be improving, constantly better. i always feel like people are taking advantage of me- it's not cool. i wish i had zero responsibilities and could just have fun and enjoy life until i die- having even one responsibility or one duty to accomplish in a day makes me want to rip my hair out- i bring procrastination to an art form.
    a-freaking-men!!! especially the bolded. procrastination to an art form? you have no idea hahaha (thats bad tho )

except i like being productive, which requires work/duty stuff. but i like because it makes the latter 50000times more enjoyable.

if you're implying that i had like alzhemeir's or dementia then i guess my mind would be elsewhere and it really wouldn't matter.
    it wouldn't matter. the memory of the experience is etched in your soul, FOREVVERRR bwahaha
    haha i love us. i like being productive too when i NEED to be, but if you have no responsibilities you have no need to be productive- right?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha i love us. i like being productive too when i NEED to be, but if you have no responsibilities you have no need to be productive- right?

hell yea, at that point productive would mean having an awesome time and experiencing as much as possible! i wish....

this is why i find certain tv shows where people are given all these resoruces, so they don't need to fend for themselves and they can just go out and...go, slightly intriguing. usually there is some sort of stupid catch to it in the t.v. show...but think if it WASN'T a tv show. what if you were just set up with funds and resources to just do whatever the fuck you wanted, whenever? how could you EVER be bored?!

iiiim done
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    what do u mean? if you're implying that i had like alzhemeir's or dementia then i guess my mind would be elsewhere and it really wouldn't matter. The importance of the experience to me isn't so much about placing value on them or intepreting them in anyway but to just have them if that makes any sense. I guess that shows why I'm and need your haha
    Yeah that's what I meant. Except that I keep forgetting my experiences even now. I don't remember them for many years. And also if I can imagine something, that's almost just as good as the actual experience.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hell yea, at that point productive would mean having an awesome time and experiencing as much as possible! i wish....

this is why i find certain tv shows where people are given all these resoruces, so they don't need to fend for themselves and they can just go out and...go, slightly intriguing. usually there is some sort of stupid catch to it in the t.v. show...but think if it WASN'T a tv show. what if you were just set up with funds and resources to just do whatever the fuck you wanted, whenever? how could you EVER be bored?!

iiiim done
    that would be amazing. i like those shows too the only thing that would make me mad about the funds and resources is that they would never give us enough. I don't think ESFp's are good with the whole moderation thing lol
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warlord
    And also if I can imagine something, that's almost just as good as the actual experience.

ahhhhhh!

just, aahhhhhhhh!
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that would be amazing. i like those shows too the only thing that would make me mad about the funds and resources is that they would never give us enough. I don't think ESFp's are good with the whole moderation thing lol
    >.< i think if i were priviledged enough to come into something like that, i'd force myself to moderate. or better yet...id learn how to make into more money that multiplies on its own. i dont know how really but i know some entj who could be able to help. lololz. she'd probably want some of the profits :wink:

(lol joy <3)
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice

This got to do with quadra?

I think Delta strongly value these two elements as well.
    Delta values financial security over financial freedom.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i value freedom from everything and everyone.

i value true, real, never-changing love and will continue searching until i find it.
    These two occur to me as mutually exclusive.

I mean, if you value "freedom from everyone and everything", you're not going to want to commit to anyone or anything. Love implies decision and volition. I think *real* love (mature love) realizes that we exchange some of our "freedom" for the sake of the bond with another.

Also, I certainly value real love also, but "never-changing"? How can that be? This seems rather unrealistic IME; not to mention stagnant. However, I guess as dynamic types, ESFps who seek change and constant movement would somewhere idealize the unshakable and immovable.

i always feel like people are taking advantage of me- it's not cool.
    Hmm... can you elaborate? Friends? Acquaintances?

i wish i had zero responsibilities and could just have fun and enjoy life until i die- having even one responsibility or one duty to accomplish in a day makes me want to rip my hair out
    Lots of us feel the same way. :wink:

That's why is so great --- the anticipation of fun sustains me even when I'm engaged in "duty"! I love knowing something fun is in my very near future. I guess because I seriously lack , I actually enjoy the anticipation more than the experience! And many times, because of this, the actual experience just doesn't live up to my imagined ideal.

(I've always had difficulty being in the moment.)
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Quote Originally Posted by warlord
    And also if I can imagine something, that's almost just as good as the actual experience.

ahhhhhh!

just, aahhhhhhhh!
    That's what all the women say to me

...or not.

But just saying, that afterwards both just leave a memory imprint. And in either case it's no more concrete, and will fade away. So instead energy should be directed at something that creates something concrete, leaves an impact or creates change. Otherwise it's just doing lot of nothing. Then afterwards you know that you actually have done something, and it's something that everyone can experience.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    i value freedom from everything and everyone.

i value true, real, never-changing love and will continue searching until i find it.
    These two occur to me as mutually exclusive.

I mean, if you value "freedom from everyone and everything", you're not going to want to commit to anyone or anything. Love implies decision and volition. I think *real* love (mature love) realizes that we exchange some of our "freedom" for the sake of the bond with another.

Also, I certainly value real love also, but "never-changing"? How can that be? This seems rather unrealistic IME; not to mention stagnant. However, I guess as dynamic types, ESFps who seek change and constant movement would somewhere idealize the unshakable and immovable.

Hmm... can you elaborate? Friends? Acquaintances?

i wish i had zero responsibilities and could just have fun and enjoy life until i die- having even one responsibility or one duty to accomplish in a day makes me want to rip my hair out
    Lots of us feel the same way. :wink:

That's why is so great --- the anticipation of fun sustains me even when I'm engaged in "duty"! I love knowing something fun is in my very near future. I guess because I seriously lack , I actually enjoy the anticipation more than the experience! And many times, because of this, the actual experience just doesn't live up to my imagined ideal.

(I've always had difficulty being in the moment.)
    love doesn't necessarily require a commitment or a title.

I don't want it to remain stagnant, but I don't want to ever question if they love me.

Friends, and aquaintances... it's hard for me to trust.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka
    I think *real* love (mature love)
    So a child who loves his sister is not REAL love? Or am I taking the term "mature" to literally? I don't know how else to take it. Maybe you are thinking of the difference between "mature" love and infatuation. I think thats it...

i thought by "never-changing" she was refering to loyalty. *shrug*

if you've done something right, no one will ever be sure you've done anything at all but that only applies to a certain extent. don't let people walk on you.

love doesn't necessarily require a commitment or a title.

I don't want it to remain stagnant, but I don't want to ever question if they love me.

Friends, and aquaintances... it's hard for me to trust.
    Maybe not a title, but there needs to be some sort of commitment. If not, what keeps them from kanoodling with other women/girls? It may not need to be verbalized. But it is probably best to let them know that if you are 100% devoted to them, that they are 100% devoted back at least once. it is something that just needs to be established and then just go on as normal IMHO. because if you don't, you are leaving yourself to be hurt and turned on, in which case you can't complain that people take advantage of you and that makes you have trust issues. you would have brought it upon yourself in a fashion. (of course this doesn't excuse the scuzzball that did the hurting)

If the love is there, you shouldn't need to question. It would be obvious.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because we are not alphas...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal

what? are you saying i am alpha?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies. I was answer the current question (why we are the best or something like that). In fact, im glad feeling like a gamma because Alpha dudes are economically speaking bad.... which is good, because We gamma take all the money that Alpha make with their jobs.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies. I was answer the current question (why we are the best or something like that). In fact, im glad feeling like a gamma because Alpha dudes are economically speaking bad.... which is good, because We gamma take all the money that Alpha make with their jobs.

hahahah
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And also often the ones who create those jobs in the first place.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos

ummm im good at spending it idk about being economically savvy lol
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think *real* love (mature love)
    So a child who loves his sister is not REAL love? Or am I taking the term "mature" to literally? I don't know how else to take it. Maybe you are thinking of the difference between "mature" love and infatuation. I think thats it...
    Yes. That's what I mean. Brother-sister, mother-child, etc. They are all real/valid forms. Infatuation might lead to love; there's a lot of mistaking infatuation for love. (I've been guilty of this myself, of course).

i thought by "never-changing" she was refering to loyalty. *shrug*
    A bond, yes. I guess I interpreted "never-changing" as expecting the relationship to never change. Every relationship does. If you love someone though, you grow together rather than apart.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We love eachother like hippies

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat
    We love eachother like hippies
    No, that's not it. Must be something else

INTp