TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Explanation of why Ne needs Si?

SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate to that rather well.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Explanation of why Ne needs Si?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Superego Ne?
    Suomea

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you not relate?
    SEE

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't really understand the sentence and was looking for clarification, are you saying that he himself has Ne in the superego or superid?.... As for whether I agree or not with whether it's an illustration of why Ne needs Si, I agree and can relate.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    Didn't really understand the sentence and was looking for clarification, are you saying that he himself has Ne in the superego or superid?.... As for whether I agree or not with whether it's an illustration of why Ne needs Si, I agree and can relate.
    this is a translation issue; in this case she means unusually strong ego block Ne, probably Ne dominant.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, though I think a strong Ne subtype of any Ne type could be like that.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i found that article and your linking it to Ne/Si totally offensive and biased. sorry.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It fits with my experiences with Ne types, more so delta, but I suppose alpha as well. Makes sense in terms of duality
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds as much as . In particular, it sounds like IEI.

One obstacle that traps a lot of highly conscious people is what Erin and I call Lightworker Syndrome. This is what happens when someone wakes up to a higher level of consciousness, but they can’t figure out how to live on purpose and feed themselves at the same time.
    I think the idea of being on a "spritual quest" and have a conflict with the need to deal with practical things (i.e., making money) is very characteristic of IEIs. The need to feed oneself (i.e., get cash) suggests more a need for than for , and also my be accentuated by a weakness in .

The ideal of being "highly conscious" and waking up "to a higher level of consciousness" also sounds like , and particularly IEI.

Most ILEs and IEEs I've met actually seem pretty in-tuned with the world around them and the opportunities to make money. They're really so caught up in a world of "inner spirituality" and meditation as to be oblivious to the opportunities around them. Although IEEs love to talk about "spirituality" and holistic health, and that sort of thing, they often end up making a business around it. Usually, these people have wide networks and are able to influence others and talk themselves into jobs. Acc- types are often highly confident of their abilities and good at networking, so they find niches for themselves easily.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Think about it like this...Lets say you have a person with +Ne/-Ni in the creative 2 functional sub-block. This would mean that you have +Se/-Si in the 4 PoLR sub-block and -Se/+Si in the main agenda 5 sub-block. In reality, having all three of these is redundant when you think about it. -Ni is the function of originality. -Se is the function of overthrowing authority. +Se is the function of accepting authority. If a person is going to attempt to be original, by definition they are going to try to be rebellious too. If a person is going to attempt to overthrow authority, they are not going to accept authority. Now lets look at the T/F functions. Lets say you have -Ti in the main sub-block 1. This would mean that -Fe/+Fi would be in the dual seeking agenda sub-block 5 and -Fi/+Fe would be in the role playing partial PoLR 3. -Ti is the function of eliminating grouping or stereotypes. -Fi/+Fe is the function of showing happiness and feeling anger and sadness towards people. This is a harder one to explain but I still see the connection very easily. If a person is against grouping, then they will not automatically place certain attributes onto a person or something that happened. They will see all things as being accepted. This is why INTjs and ENTps have such a hard time feeling disgust or sorrow when something happens thats usually accepted as being "devastating". If a -Ti dominant would hate anyone, then automatically based on function use, they would feel like they could help them, even the people that are accepted as doing bad things. INTjs and ENTps often feel that criminals are mistreated or wrongly looked at as monsters.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

but ya know, I'm wrong and everybody else is right regardless of the fact that people have yet to inspect what I'm saying.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Courage

It fits with my experiences with Ne types, more so delta, but I suppose alpha as well. Makes sense in terms of duality
    It appears much more scientific than spiritual in nature in Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    i found that article and your linking it to Ne/Si totally offensive and biased. sorry.
    Which descriptions of Ne have you read that you've liked? Any type, erotic attitude or otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    but ya know, I'm wrong and everybody else is right regardless of the fact that people have yet to inspect what I'm saying.
    Where have you said it? If there one place where it's explained concisely?
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol people with no Se are lazy bitches but Se is still unimpressive teehee i am unintimidateable

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When did I imply that?
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that you're wrong or right. It's that your system is so completely different from the more mainstream Socionic models that in many cases a person's type in your system will be completely different from what that person's type is in mainstream Socionics.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    It's not that you're wrong or right. It's that your system is so completely different from the more mainstream Socionic models that in many cases a person's type in your system will be completely different from what that person's type is in mainstream Socionics.
    From what little I've read, I just tend to think that it's far too abstract to actually apply... the +/- thing is more of an afterthought, not a structural component in Socionics.
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is off topic but I believe Ne and Si are one and the same function with different polarities.

This is my theory:

Weak Ne = Strong Si
    Weak Si = Strong Ne

Overall ... Si = Ne

The same goes for all other dual functions.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's called an axis.

Ne is the internal statics of objects.
    Si is the external dynamics of fields.

All of the axes are like that... totally opposite in terms of information aspects.
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is the external dynamics of fields.
    I disagree regardless of what socionics literature says. I don't see anything dynamic about Si.

What is dynamic about Si?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is dynamic because it's about activities/events... how an event affects/is affecting a person's physical state.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@joy: i don't really understand your question and how it's related to this. the article seemed to be saying that Ne/Si types are afraid of responsibility or taking risks or something. that Ne/Si are "light workers"? as in light weights? i don't really get the connection you are trying to making with this article. what exactly are you trying to say?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lightworker is a spiritually/metaphysically enlightened person. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.) The article describes how some people focus too much on the spiritual/metaphysical aspects of life and not enough on the physical aspects. The term "Lightworker" denotes a very Delta type of Ne, but Alpha can be like that too... though their focus is generally more on the scientific than the spiritual or humanitarian.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lightworker is a spiritually/metaphysically enlightened person. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.) The article describes how some people focus too much on the spiritual/metaphysical aspects of life and not enough on the physical aspects. The term "Lightworker" denotes a very Delta type of Ne, but Alpha can be like that too... though their focus is generally more on the scientific than the spiritual or humanitarian.
    I just don't see why focusing on the spiritual/metaphysical aspects of life is any more Delta-NF than it is Beta-NF.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    I just don't see why focusing on the spiritual/metaphysical aspects of life is any more Delta-NF than it is Beta-NF.
    i totally agree. in fact, i don't see why this sort of behavior would constitute Ne at all.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, from this one I think it's not type-related, and if anything, may correlate slightly with being an ethical type (but only very slightly).

If you polarize as a lightworker, you are dedicating your life to serving the greater good.

If you polarize as a darkworker, you are dedicating your life to serving yourself.
    In other words, lightworkers are just conscientious workers, whereas darkworkers are just people you wouldn't want to have to work with.

Before (from the other article), I was thinking that a "lightworker" is simply a light worker...that is, someone who has trouble getting him/herself to be productive in a mundane way, because of wanting to daydream or meditate or something. That's why I was thinking of IEI.

(Ironically, lightworkers are probably the heavy workers, and darkworkers are probably the light workers.)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry. no. this is NOT what i think of when i think of IEEs. at all.

this whole thing is a mesh of Ni viewpoints, with some Fi.