LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EJ temperments and vacations

Perhaps more so for Te dominants.....

How do you deal with vacations?
    Does it ever feel weird when you are so involved with things, and then, it just stops?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tim Horton's my ass. All the hotties work at Starbucks.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I apologize beforehand.

I blame the EJ temperament for many unpleasant vacation experiences. My uncle for instance. Everything has to be an anal plan. We can't just do whatever comes to mind at the moment. No... that would be too hard. He practically times out the entire thing. It's impossible to relax under such conditions.

One year I went to Mexico with a friend and her family (as she had family in Mexico), and it was the same thing. Her parents were overly planful. Everything was on a schedule. It was very stressful to me. Having to abide by a schedule. Not being able to do anything that came to mind in a moment. It was like being on an invisible leash.

Back to my uncle. I think vacations stress him out, because he doesn't know what to do without a schedule. So he has to create one. Then he feels comfortable again. And then I feel uncomfortable. When my aunts participate in these vacations, it makes it a bit better because they make fun of my uncle and his anal tendencies and this loosens him up a bit.

Okay I'm done.

I'm not saying all EJ people are like this btw. Nor am I saying anything is wrong with it.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vacations seem pointless at this point in the game.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a nice paid vacation starting this Wednesday through November 3rd... I have many plans during this period but I also know to leave time to just up and go fishin with my brother, father, or cousins whenever they have the time...lol so, for this fact, my weekends home are all scheduled thus far and my weekdays will just be spent doing whatever pops up. I can't friggin wait. lol, i planned my vacation around 2 things... I wanted to start it in time to go to the socionics meet in Nashville and I wanted to make sure I could catch a football game at Neyland stadium... I had to take the days I did because I have tickets to Tennessee vs. South Carolina Oct. 27th (the only home game during the time I'm there) and I have tickets to Oregon vs. ASU the following weekend so I had to make sure I'd get back in time for that. I'm stoked.
    Oh, and this time I will have absolutely no problem leaving work for that amount of time since I've been rather stressed out every day that I've worked lately.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lying on the beach with a breeze of wind going through my hair and a cristalline sea when I open my eyes...mmmmmm

Who would be so crazy not to like vacations? We only live once! :wink:
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIF I was with the right person/people, then I am able to enjoy them.

Actually, really, it is probably my conscience getting in the way. I did little work today when I had the oppertunity to do so, and who knows when I will have this time again.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate to that.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Tim Horton's my ass. All the hotties work at Starbucks.
    A ninja would never say something as crass as that.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I changed my mind. One of the great things I like about the job I have now (even if I know it's unlikely I'll get an higher-paying full-time one with the same assets) is that I can work even if I'm on vacation (which also means that theorethically I'm always on vacation and never working, even when I'm working).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vacations with my Ej parents were unpleasant. They don't even understand the meaning of the word "vacation". If you turn it into work, it stops being vacation.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.