Thread: MB Free Enneagram Software

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MB Free Enneagram Software

I just stumbled upon this while looking for something else... Has anyone seen this before?

http://www.download.com/MB-Free-Enne...ml?tag=lst-0-8
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-bg

haven't looked at that but there's a cool AI chatbot that you can talk to and it figures out your enneagram type. Forgot what it's called though (besides I think it's a pay thing)

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I haven't seen it before. My results were 5>2>4>6>3>1>9>7>8. It looks like a good test, in that you get what you put in, and it is also a quick test .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really crappy test

5>3=1>6>8>4>2>7>9.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you get 3 as you second highest result?
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    How did you get 3 as you second highest result?
    by taking a really crappy test.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF!!
    I've got 8w9...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you?

That is a poor test. Simplistic questions. I came out as 7 > 8 > 1 = 3 = 5 = 9 > 2 = 4 = 6. 7w8.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, now you guys got me curious. I'll download it.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf is "true love"?
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't like macs.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 > 5 = 7 > 4

Every other enneagram test I've ever taken has given me 9 as the last or second to last result.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 > 5 = 7 > 4

Every other enneagram test I've ever taken has given me 9 as the last or second to last result.
    Fabio did say you were a 3 at 9.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

yeah well... he says a lot of things
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

yeah well... he says a lot of things
    They're all true
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But... they contradict each other.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what ever happened to you insistence that I'm a 6?
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what ever happened to you insistence that I'm a 6?
    You suppose that he'd sit here and throw "you're a 6" at you constantly.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But... they contradict each other.
    Except my type changes, I have actually carefully paid attention to never take contradictory stances on anything else. If you really paid attention to what I write, you would have noticed (I know people that do have noticed this).

I don't think I've ever insisted on you being a 6. If I did, I don't remember.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't call it "insistence".

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you'd said it here, too. But I could be wrong.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently I'm a "Trooper-Observer". Is that 6w5? I usually test as 6w5, 5w6 or 5w4. I guess 6w5 or 5w6 is the real one. Can someone remind me what is the most typical socionics type/types for 6w5?

--
    Your Personality Type is The Trooper

You are very loyal and may react strongly to betrayal. You suffer from phobias and are generally very cautious, fearful and insecure. You suffer from fear and anxiety. You are not trustful of people unless they have proven themselves. You tend to stay away from things that cause pain and sorrow. You are self-contradictory at times but other wise responsible. You have a suspicious and anxious nature.

Your Wing is The Observer

The WING PERSONALITY is the personality type that is on either side of the generated personality and greatly influences the personality of the person.

In hunt of the omniscience and knowing, the concentration of the Five goes to observing, hiding and withholding. You are in search for true realization and spirituality. You may be prone to loneliness but possess enough tendencies to be independent. Sometimes you may feel social awkward. This can be easily overcome by maintaining public attachments. You have a sharp intellect and need your privacy. You are independent and self motivated. You are secretive and isolated.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4=5 > 6 > 2=7 > 1=8 > 9

usually these things are 4w5 with me...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In any case, I do think I could easily appear to be a 3, but I don't have 3 motivations.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm unaffected by his conflict-seeking behavior.
    Blatent lie.

Do you know what motivates a 3, Joy?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Blatent lie.
    nope

looking good to other people
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1- perfection
    2- being needed/helpful
    3- looking good to others
    4- individualism
    5- intellectualism
    6- relationships
    7- experiences
    8- freedom
    9- peace
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose you could say that the 3's motivation is to be impressive.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6>4>5>1=3>7=8=9>2
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blatent lie.
    nope
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    sp/sx 6w7
    LOL

FDG, you're too cute. Is this retaliation for getting you so upset in that thread in the other forum, or are you trying to prove that you value Fe > Fi.
    What is that if not being affected by Fabio's behaviour?

looking good to other people
    This only proves that your knowledge of the 3 is poor. Read up more on the 3. Especially the 3w4. I would keep that type in mind for you. Remember that most of the descriptions are heavily biased towards 3w2, which you almost certainly are not.

I don't know... my boyfriend and I both did the test on this site together, and I scored highest in 3. I related to the "healthy" levels of 3, but not at all to the average or unhealthy levels. I very much disagreed with the key motivations.
    Perhaps this is because you don't fully understand the motivation. Here's another tip - take the health levels with a pinch of salt; take a look at them with a highly sceptical view. They are not the be all and end all of Enneagram theory. They are a sub theory, and should not be taken so seriously when deciding on your type. I bet that if you asked most people, they wouldn't fit in the levels of health. BEHAVIOUR COUPLED WITH MOTIVATION IS MOST IMPORTANT WHEN DECIDING ON TYPE. Not just behaviour (you can mistake type). Not just motivation (you can be horrifically wrong about this if you don't fully understand the motivations (they are too hazy for you to simply say 'I am not motivated by that, but by this')). Your behaviour dictates your motivations normally, but not always. So, if you behave like a 3, but think you're an 8 simply because you think you understand that your motivations do not resonate with the 3, there's a good chance you're mistaken. Listen to the best piece of advice I can give you if you want to know your Etype for certain: talk to Zenbrat. She thought she was an 8w7 for a very long time. Only after some time did she decide that she was a 3w4. Talk to her and heed her call.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1- perfection
    2- being needed/helpful
    4- individualism
    5- intellectualism
    6- relationships
    7- experiences
    8- freedom
    9- peace
    Far too basic.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1- perfection
    2- being needed/helpful
    4- individualism
    5- intellectualism
    6- relationships
    7- experiences
    8- freedom
    9- peace
    Far too basic.
    obviously

3's need to achieve... but WHY? Every description I've ever read says that it's important for them to impress others or look good to others. The thread Expat posted about "in order to get along with me" or whatever says that 3's love to be praised. I like objective positive feedback professionally, and I like it when people tell me I'm interesting or scary, but overall I enjoy praise far less than most people do.

What's the link to that moonwhatever place? I'll read the sx/sp 3 description. I seriously doubt it will fit as well as the sx/sp 8 description though. The motivations and behaviors of 8 fit me perfectly. I am not as domineering as I once was though.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3's need to achieve... but WHY? Every description I've ever read says that it's important for them to impress others or look good to others.
    The 3 has been told their whole life that they must achieve. They heed their parents' congrats, because every single kid gets 'well done'. The difference? The 3's parents pushed them further. They congratulated the kid for getting more; better; top spot. So, because everyone loves praise, and because the kid begins to recognise that they get praise the more they do, they begin to thrive off it.

But beware:

Quote Originally Posted by lifexplore
    May be slightly less image-conscious or project an image that is more implicit and subtle. 4 wing brings a degree of introversion. May measure themselves more by their creations, artistic or social. Tend to compete with themselves first more than with other people. High side brings the motivation and ability to work on oneself. May accomplish everything they set out to do materially, then embark on a path of self-analysis. Artistic explorations or teaching possible. Will still like a challenge, but thoughtful, intuitive or humanistic concerns of prime interest. The low side of this wing can bring a haunted, self-tormented quality or a haughty, competitive pretentiousness. Might be snobs or accuse critics of being too plebian to appreciate them. Cool, hard shell. In private, can lapse into Fourish self-questioning and melodrama. Instability and moodiness can be factors. Unrealistic grandiosity.
    Does that sound like a 3? DOES IT FUCK. Notice the extreme difference between 3w2 and this, the 3w4. Also note that this is neither exhaustive nor definitive.

What's the link to that moonwhatever place?
    http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142857369/

Remember: sx/sp 8 looks different to sx/sp 3. Many cp6s sx-firsts confuse themselves with 8s, but this doesn't mean that they confuse themselves with sx-first 8s.

The motivations and behaviors of 8 fit me perfectly.
    Clearly not, otherwise you would've scored highest on 8 in any test. Take me for example. Am I an 8 because I score highest in another type but then say "I fit the motivations of 8?" No. I fit the motivations AND behaviour. Every 8 does. There's no way you wouldn't score highest in 8 if you weren't one. And you think anyone wants to be controlled? Course not. Everyone want to be loved? Clearly. Everyone want to be good? Of course. You can't just take the surface of a 'motivation'. There is SO much more to it than that. The 8 is an 8 because all through their life, they've been fucked with, bullied and/or taken advantage of. They've been taught to be strong. THAT IS WHAT MAKES AN 8. SHOW NO WEAKNESS. BE TOUGH. It is wired into them like a fucking cyborg. Why didn't you mention that that "the motivations and behaviors of 8 fit me perfectly" on EIDB? Then we would've all just told you "don't worry - 8 was clearly high on your test scores, so you're probably that". In fact, why did you even start a topic about it if this fact was obvious? My guess is that you're being deceptive. Either to us, or worse - to yourself. Have a long, hard think about it. And talk to zenbrat.

Also note that LIE is perfectly compatible with E3.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3's need to achieve... but WHY? Every description I've ever read says that it's important for them to impress others or look good to others.
    The 3 has been told their whole life that they must achieve. They heed their parents' congrats, because every single kid gets 'well done'. The difference? The 3's parents pushed them further. They congratulated the kid for getting more; better; top spot. So, because everyone loves praise, and because the kid begins to recognise that they get praise the more they do, they begin to thrive off it.
    May parents weren't like that.

So your enneagram type is decided by your mother and father's parenting styles? Or their personalities? Or your childhood expectations?

What's that for an 8?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lifexplore
    May be slightly less image-conscious or project an image that is more implicit and subtle. 4 wing brings a degree of introversion. May measure themselves more by their creations, artistic or social. Tend to compete with themselves first more than with other people. High side brings the motivation and ability to work on oneself. May accomplish everything they set out to do materially, then embark on a path of self-analysis. Artistic explorations or teaching possible. Will still like a challenge, but thoughtful, intuitive or humanistic concerns of prime interest. The low side of this wing can bring a haunted, self-tormented quality or a haughty, competitive pretentiousness. Might be snobs or accuse critics of being too plebian to appreciate them. Cool, hard shell. In private, can lapse into Fourish self-questioning and melodrama. Instability and moodiness can be factors. Unrealistic grandiosity.
    Does that sound like a 3? DOES IT FUCK. Notice the extreme difference between 3w2 and this, the 3w4. Also note that this is neither exhaustive nor definitive.
    Still sounds shallow to me. Well, maybe shallow isn't the best word to describe it... more like... missing something very important (in terms of how I relate to it).
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May parents weren't like that.

So your enneagram type is decided by your mother and father's parenting styles? Or their personalities? Or your childhood expectations?

What's that for an 8?
    I just told you.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol sorry... responding piece by piece atm...
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sexual/Self-pres 3

This subtype can appear almost Four-like. They can be dramatic and appear introspective, especially with the Four wing. There is an on and off quality to these Threes. They can be very emotional and then become very business like. It’s not uncommon to find this subtype in the arts, especially as actors, singers or performers. The outward sexual energy coupled with the secondary self-pres energy can cause these Threes to focus on projecting an image of themselves to the world. They will seek validation in the area of their persona. This type especially wrestles with the authenticity of the persona/image they create. On the one hand, the image protects the real self, but at the same time they hate the image they project. This subtype is likely to be in a constant state of flux when it comes to the image they project and for this reason, they run the risk of burn-out and disillusionment. They are more prone to depression than the other subtypes.

When healthier, these Threes begin to trust their intimate relationships, and begin to disentangle the real self from the flux of partial identities they create. They learn that being vulnerable is necessary if they are to get what they really want, which is to reveal the real self and trust that they are lovable even with their flaws.
    Nope. Not me.

Sexual/Self-pres 8

This subtype is a very charismatic. They have a very assertive energy and they demand attention. The lust of the Eight combines with the sexual instinct to make one of the most fiery of the combinations of all of the enneatypes, especially if Seven is the dominant wing. Sexual/self-pres Eights aren’t afraid to tell you what they think. The "can do" attitude that the other subtypes have is now intertwined with an outward passionate storm of energy. The sexual/self-pres Eight will be similar to the self-pres/sex Eight with respect to interests and attachment to close friends and family, but the intensity level is augmented. Since the sexual instinct is first, these Eights usually don't let an opportunity pass by to connect with those they find interesting. They can sense the power in any situation and they like to challenge people. They can enjoy making others react to them, keeping others on their toes, to find out what makes them tick. They are likely to use humor to accomplish this. When sex/self-pres Eights are unbalanced, they are very quick to anger and have a difficult time controlling their impulses.
    Yep. That's me.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sexual/Self-pres 3

This subtype can appear almost Four-like. They can be dramatic and appear introspective, especially with the Four wing. There is an on and off quality to these Threes. They can be very emotional and then become very business like. It’s not uncommon to find this subtype in the arts, especially as actors, singers or performers. The outward sexual energy coupled with the secondary self-pres energy can cause these Threes to focus on projecting an image of themselves to the world. They will seek validation in the area of their persona. This type especially wrestles with the authenticity of the persona/image they create. On the one hand, the image protects the real self, but at the same time they hate the image they project. This subtype is likely to be in a constant state of flux when it comes to the image they project and for this reason, they run the risk of burn-out and disillusionment. They are more prone to depression than the other subtypes.

When healthier, these Threes begin to trust their intimate relationships, and begin to disentangle the real self from the flux of partial identities they create. They learn that being vulnerable is necessary if they are to get what they really want, which is to reveal the real self and trust that they are lovable even with their flaws.
    Nope. Not me.

Sexual/Self-pres 8

This subtype is a very charismatic. They have a very assertive energy and they demand attention. The lust of the Eight combines with the sexual instinct to make one of the most fiery of the combinations of all of the enneatypes, especially if Seven is the dominant wing. Sexual/self-pres Eights aren’t afraid to tell you what they think. The "can do" attitude that the other subtypes have is now intertwined with an outward passionate storm of energy. The sexual/self-pres Eight will be similar to the self-pres/sex Eight with respect to interests and attachment to close friends and family, but the intensity level is augmented. Since the sexual instinct is first, these Eights usually don't let an opportunity pass by to connect with those they find interesting. They can sense the power in any situation and they like to challenge people. They can enjoy making others react to them, keeping others on their toes, to find out what makes them tick. They are likely to use humor to accomplish this. When sex/self-pres Eights are unbalanced, they are very quick to anger and have a difficult time controlling their impulses.
    Yep. That's me.
    For the record, I don't find you charismatic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast