Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you think the Board views your type?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do you think the Board views your type?

On the aggregate whole, how do think that the rest of the Board typically views your type? The reason why I ask is that at times it seems as if posters are typed as INTj just on the unfounded principle of however big of a nutjob they seem to be; the bigger the nubjob, the more likely the case for INTj. Or for what seems to be the case for Joy, anything that she seems to think is crazy, batshit, insane or stupid will receive the "You are definitely Ti > Te" response.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How do you think the Board views your type?

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    On the aggregate whole, how do think that the rest of the Board typically views your type? The reason why I ask is that at times it seems as if posters are typed as INTj just on the unfounded principle of however big of a nutjob they seem to be; the bigger the nubjob, the more likely the case for INTj. Or for what seems to be the case for Joy, anything that she seems to think is crazy, batshit, insane or stupid will receive the "You are definitely Ti > Te" response.
    I like INTJs they're funny. At people don't get surprised that you can use anything other than myspace if you're a sensing type.

Creepy-bg

people put too much weight on my forum persona I think which, while not entirely not me IRL, has certain aspects overblown to the point where I come off way more ISFp that I truly think I am. At the same time, it's not impossible.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Absolutely fucking lutely!
    Also, if you're socially handicapped, wear glasses and have the body shape of a malformed stick with shortly shaven hair.
    I must be ESFj because I find that absolutely irresistable :wink:

HOT!

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes... yes... yes... actually I don't know what type Auto or Bionic are... I agree with INTj for Logos though. As for me... I am so neurotic really that people might think anything... And I have definitely noticed that sometimes there seems to be this underlying thing that Ti is somehow inferior to Te... I can't tell if that is just how it seems though or how it actually is.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    yes... yes... yes... actually I don't know what type Auto or Bionic are... I agree with INTj for Logos though. As for me... I am so neurotic really that people might think anything... And I have definitely noticed that sometimes there seems to be this underlying thing that Ti is somehow inferior to Te... I can't tell if that is just how it seems though or how it actually is.
    Not so much about what people on the forum think about you, but about perceptions regarding your type or just certain types in particular. For example in your case, how do you think that the forum generally views INFps?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not so much about what people on the forum think about you, but about perceptions regarding your type or just certain types in particular. For example in your case, how do you think that the forum generally views INFps?
    My answer remains unchanged. Edit: I'll ponder more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you think that the forum generally views INFps?
    I'd say normal. Satisfactory. Probably as the most "logical" feeling type. Sometimes almost as if Ti is strong for them rather then it being something they are helpless at (Which it is according to the theory. It's one of the reasons they need their dual, because they really suck at Ti and Se).

Creepy-bg

ugh... I don't think I like the prevailing views of ISFps at all. I get the impression alot of times that people think we're all nonthinking simpletons or something who couldn't do algebra or read a text book to save our lives. It's slowly changing to something more positive...

In general, I think there's been a good movement against stereotypes that's taken root and growing in this 'community', but there's still a long way to go.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT but um, sneg, I LOVE your avatar! I always stare at it whenever I read your posts. That tongue is hypnotic!
    =]

Anyway, what was this thread about? LOL ... oh... how the forum views EIEs?

Crazy.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    OT but um, sneg, I LOVE your avatar! I always stare at it whenever I read your posts. That tongue is hypnotic!
    =]
    *agrees*

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, BG, that is true what you said about views on SEIs - I myself am guilty of it =[ Fortunately I am attempting to let go of my stereotypes. Honestly, I am thinking of entirely quitting Socionics for a while as Herzy and some others did b/c it can be really destructive. I constantly over-analyze my relations with other people instead of just letting them "be" ... how do you manage to balance something like this? I hope I don't derail the thread too much, but meh.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESI's would easily be the most "logical" ethical type (depending on your stereotype/understanding of ethical types, of course) ... followed by EII's.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

I think ESI's would easily be the most "logical" ethical type (depending on your stereotype/understanding of ethical types, of course) ... followed by EII's.
    And also ESI shit does not stink.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people here don't want to have the "clockwork robot" image of ISTj, and to some extent they succed.
    LSI

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant topic.

If I am SLE, then half the board thinks I am a pseudo-macho asswipe. The other half can't take my rough play.

If I am LSE or LIE, people just laugh, because they can't take me seriously.

Sometimes I struggle.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually think of INTj's as being "vain" due to the valued Si function. Hence, they have always seemed to me more inclined to wear contacts rather than glasses, and to wear clothes that aren't particularly "nerdy" due to the need to "fit in" -- or at least to not stand out -- looks-wise.

All of those things are true for me, in any case.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    I usually think of INTj's as being "vain" due to the valued Si function. Hence, they have always seemed to me more inclined to wear contacts rather than glasses, and to wear clothes that aren't particularly "nerdy" due to the need to "fit in" -- or at least to not stand out -- looks-wise.

I like that in LIIs. I like neatness. I like people to take concern over their appearance.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the board has become more gamma dominated so alpha is in the doghouse on this board right now. whoever said the stuff about Ti>Te is right. as if. i'll make an argument for facts and data being simple to gather....whereas looking for logical consistency is a much more intellectual exercise. but whatever i'm off topic.

the point is that any personlity theory facilitates stereotypes. whatever quadra is more dominant....the opposing quadra types will be seen in a more negative light.

ILE? gamma seems to want to point out Fi polr again and again right now.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    the board has become more gamma dominated so alpha is in the doghouse on this board right now. whoever said the stuff about Ti>Te is right. as if. i'll make an argument for facts and data being simple to gather....whereas looking for logical consistency is a much more intellectual exercise. but whatever i'm off topic.
    It's true - intellectuals tend to be Ti dominant, or Ti demonstrative.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends on what the board thinks my type is

SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was responding to this statement only, not anything else in the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    how do you think that the forum generally views INFps?
    I'd say normal. Satisfactory. Probably as the most "logical" feeling type.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or for what seems to be the case for Joy, anything that she seems to think is crazy, batshit, insane or stupid will receive the "You are definitely Ti > Te" response.
    That has only been the case a handful of times, and it's not because those people are crazy or stupid... it's because of the style of their reasoning and the way they say what they say. I don't think Ti is stupid. I don't think any of the information elements is stupid.
    SEE

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but this:

is really the sort of thinking we're trying to avoid.

Unless both you and sneg were being sarcastic?

Anyways, INFp stereotype on the forum: passive, pissy, (possibly pretentious), poetic, perverted, and puerile.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if he was or not, but I was being partly serious. Allow me to explain.

As I said earlier, it depends on one's understanding of "ethics". If you have respresentatives of every ethical type take an MBTI test, the types least likely to get an "F" result will be ESI and EII.

That's all.

I personally feel that dividing types into "ethical" and "logical" without looking at the functions involved is pretty useless. Fe dominance, Fe Creative, Fi dominance, and Fi creative all look different, and people of these types behave differently.

Also worth noting as long as I'm this far off topic, I dislike the terms "ethical" and "logical". They're misleading.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also worth noting as long as I'm this far off topic, I dislike the terms "ethical" and "logical". They're misleading.
    Here's something I don't get: why are logos and ethos so well represented in modern culture, but pathos is completely missing from the picture? We need equal rhetorical treatments!

If you agree with this statement, please PM me so we can assemble the Assembly for the Equal Treatment of Rhetorical Methods in order to combat this incredibly unfair situation.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Here's something I don't get: why are logos and ethos so well represented in modern culture, but pathos is completely missing from the picture? We need equal rhetorical treatments!

If you agree with this statement, please PM me so we can assemble the Assembly for the Equal Treatment of Rhetorical Methods in order to combat this incredibly unfair situation.
    Conservative Anarchy would like to offer your movement an affordable 'insurance' policy... after all you wouldn't want there to be any 'accidents' would you?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    I don't know if he was or not, but I was being partly serious. Allow me to explain.

As I said earlier, it depends on one's understanding of "ethics". If you have respresentatives of every ethical type take an MBTI test, the types least likely to get an "F" result will be ESI and EII.
    do you have any evidence of that? alleged INFp's like misutii have reported typing themselves as thinkers prior to socionics.
    That wouldn't surprise me at all. I think IEI's can be pretty "5-ish" (enneagram), which would most definitely explain that.

ugh nevermind what I said originally... I was just responding to a specific statement
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the subject of how "the board" view different types, I do agree that Te/Fi is dominant over Ti/Fe right now, and that this lack of balance can cause "the board" to not view Ti/Fe as favorably as Te/Fi... in other words, there is indeed something of a bias. And there used to be a Ti/Fe > Te/Fi bias.

It's impossible to be truly objective about your own quadra values though... so it's to be expected.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Yeah but this:

is really the sort of thinking we're trying to avoid.

Unless both you and sneg were being sarcastic?

Anyways, INFp stereotype on the forum: passive, pissy, (possibly pretentious), poetic, perverted, and puerile.
    I like how you only used words that started with P, poetic indeed

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFJ's: half of the board likes us, the other half doesn't...lol
    Oh, and I think about 70% of the people here actually think ESFJ's, as a whole, are stupid. Oh well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The forum definitely thinks I'm INTj, and with good reason. There's a few nutjobs whom see me using Se(in an obviously compensating way, I think), and label me as either ISTj or INTp, but those opinions are taken seriously neither by myself or most others.

INTjs definitely aren't always crazy nut-jobs with no grasp on the social situation whatsoever. It is true that we have a _slight_ tendency to be crazier and more socially inept than some other types, but it comes with our territory.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think INTj's are really good people to hang round, yeah, ok i sorta see why people complain about their social side, but they are generally really honest, down to earth people, which is great, and a lot more than can be said for some of the extrovert types who seem to live a life of social games.

I think my type ISTp, is generally seen as laid back, a bit lazy and often a little hostile, but i think people generally have respect for this type, as they are usually very capable and once you get to know them they are interesting and quite fun. I think extroverts probably think of ISTp's as more boring and less worthwhile getting to know, as they dont appreciate the quieter, more solitary side of the ISTp, however introverted types probably can relate a bit better and hence have more time for the ISTp to get to find their good qualities, which they can see exist from little things/ques about them.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    (re: Elzo's thread on Se descriptions)
    I can't find it on search. Please provide me with a link.

Or for what seems to be the case for Joy, anything that she seems to think is crazy, batshit, insane or stupid will receive the "You are definitely Ti > Te" response.
    Hahaha.

She also likes to think that everyone loves Te.

The problem I have with Ti is that it's actually shit. And if it's strong in me, surely it could be demonstrative or ignoring. Especially when I have said openly, many times, that I think Te is better than Ti.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    The problem I have with Ti is that it's actually shit. And if it's strong in me, surely it could be demonstrative or ignoring. Especially when I have said openly, many times, that I think Te is better than Ti.
    Please elaborate on what you see as Ti and what you see as Te.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti is basically stating that which fits into your world, and if something does match up, you make it so that it does. It's organising facts and ideas into a system.

Te concerns productivity, efficiency, and hard facts. You can't go wrong with it, because it's based upon practicality and effectiveness.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat

I would love to say that what you said is not true, but I do both exhibit those behaviors. I just would not go as far to call it vanity.
    Johari Box

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Also Athos and Aramis.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti is basically stating that which fits into your world, and if something does match up, you make it so that it does. It's organising facts and ideas into a system.

Te concerns productivity, efficiency, and hard facts. You can't go wrong with it, because it's based upon practicality and effectiveness.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast