Thread: INTjs experiencing and dealing with emotional pain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTjs experiencing and dealing with emotional pain

How do you LII's prefer to deal with it, and what is the best way for your loved ones to comfort you and/or allow you space??

How do Alpha SF's normally react in these circumstances?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Distraction. Occupy oneself with something intellectually stimulating -- the ultimate countermeasure to emotionality.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: When LII's experience emotional pain

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    How do you LII's prefer to deal with it, and what is the best way for your loved ones to comfort you and/or allow you space??

How do Alpha SF's normally react in these circumstances?
    I normally walk away from it, seclude myself and then seek to rationalize it. If I think that I can avoid bringing back up the negative mood, I will go back and revisit the argument for clarification and explanation. If not, then I will usually just leave it be and move on to things worth doing.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well...first I find myself a hammer. A good one too, not one those wimpy little tiny hammers with a smooth head. I like the waffle heads better because I think they leave a cool looking pattern. Then I find myself a nailgun and an air compressor. I fire up the air compressor, wait for it to fill, then when I'm good and ready after taking a few shots of tequila, I lay my arm gently onto a firmly affixed and sturdy countertop. I pick up the nail gun and grip it tightly and then I slam the nail gun up against my forearm and drive like five nails into there, and at this point I'm screaming in pain and, "oh god!! there's blood all over the place!!! it hurts so much...!" But I'm not done yet, the ritual is not yet complete! It's at this point that I take my hammer and I start slamming it into my left hand pinky over and over again!!! My arm tries to get away but it can't because it's nailed down!!! I keep hitting it right between the two knuckles of that finger, otherwise the emotional purging won't work!!! Finally, after many strikes with the hammer and my finger is a deep shade of purple and black either from the hammer or from blood loss,(probably mostly the hammer I've done this before without the nails) I use the cat's claw to pull out the nails. I bandage my wounds with paper towels, mayonnaise and rubber bands. I lay down on the kitchen floor and keep drinking tequila until I fall asleep.

But seriously, I cry. Only after letting it build up inside and trying to ignore it though. At some point, it's going to force it's way out and at that point, the best thing to do is to just let it pour out. But only when no ones looking, I don't want anybody to think that I'm a weak little girl with feelings...
    Male INTJ

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends who I am with when I am feeling pain. Most of the time when I am having some emotional thing going on I become extra acerbic or witty. I try to use this time to write because it's noticeable. But yeah, rationalize, or talk to an ethical type that can make it understandable. when that is accomplished, all is well for an LII.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    I feel no pain. I am an invincible and almighty being, with the mental strength of a thousand monks, and the physical strength of a thousand elephants. My skin is impenetratable to a thousand spears; and my stamina is as lasting as a thousand galloping horses. Where is my teddy bear?
    Why did you tell her about the LII secret teddy bear?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is usually a delay between when something happens that is emotionally painful and when the pain is actually felt. It can be a few minutes or a few days, but it hits me eventually, sometimes triggered by another event, and I don't know what caused the pain to begin with, and then I'm yelling at my roommate for leaving a dish in the sink.
    INTj

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I tend to feel things rather deeply, and I'd rather keep those feelings to myself - unless the other person is really, really special . I tend to prefer a softly-softly approach from other people, and they musn't ask me generic questions. I usually prefer that people just don't bother me about it, and yet, I like it when I am able to convey how I feel easily because the other person instrinically knows me :wink: - so, I guess I want to preserve energy, not leave myself vulnerable by revealing stuff unnecessarily, as well as not burden myself unfairly on other people.

I think I understand Alpha SF ways in such matters...I just don't think I can describe them very well, so I won't (at least not yet).