Thread: Does this quote sound ISTp to you?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does this quote sound ISTp to you?

My husband posted this on our local Freecycle list. At first I was impressed by his display of humor, but then he said it was because he thought more people would respond if it was funny.

Maniacal mechanical genius in seach of parts for next diabolical
    project. Old motorbikes, minibikes, small gas engines old Chevy motors
    and trannies and other autoparts, complete or parts. Fast, ontime
    pickup promised! Don't let it rust away, let me tinker, grind, weld
    and machine it into something cool and impractical! Phone ***-***-**** or
    email ******@******.com. Thanks!
    [/quote]
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL!!

That definitely sounds ISTp to me. I help run two automotive related forums and there are a lot of ISTp's there, and they're always doing some crazy stuff with their cars. Like a turbocharged Toyota Camry V6 with about 400hp that runs the 1/4 mile as fast as a new Corvette.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His current project is that he's making a minibike out of an old generator motor and some scrap tubing. He plans to test it this coming weekend but said it won't have brakes yet!! I asked him to PLEASE make the brakes first and I think he's agreed to that, at least he bought the stuff for the brakes off ebay the other day. I swear he has no fear.

He just goes nuts over these kinds of projects. He's having so much fun and it's almost done, and that's why he's trying to get new stuff to play with.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bwahahah...awesome!

Well at least he finishes his projects.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he finishes these kinds of projects. I won't say how long it took him to fix the leaky garbage disposal. :wink:
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I'm curious though. What (functionally) would explain this sort of behavior in ISTp's. SiTe... hmmmm... Would the functional description of things like positive and pleasant sensations, appeal, and pleasure (translation: HARD ACCELERATION ) add in with the creative function and technical knowledge into building some of these sick toys?

BTW, at least some of the ISTps I've known at times have shown a lack of attention to detail ( ). Like STOPPING?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahha, I've had a moment like this before, its called sending out invites to a party without stamps (I think I need those....) And no return adress (I forgot)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a friend who is ISTp and she is really great with her masculine attitude. She is strong and smart and looks really beautifull. I am really amazed how fearless she is and how fearless are the sensing types in Delta.
    One more cute trait of ISTps is their toughness. We are going to library together tomorrow and she is planing to study four houers with out any longer brakes one thing. I would go insane for doing like this. Are ISTps the Übermensche?
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So when all those istp guys are working on cars or breaking their necks on extreme sports or playing the guitar what are the istp girls doing? What do you istp girls like in a guy and where do you hang out? Inquiring minds want to know.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    So when all those istp guys are working on cars or breaking their necks on extreme sports or playing the guitar what are the istp girls doing? What do you istp girls like in a guy and where do you hang out? Inquiring minds want to know.
    I don't do much, ha. The only outside place I really and truly enjoy hanging out at is my art class. I really enjoy concerts, traveling and sight seeing, all of that stuff whenever I get the chance which isn't often. As far as guys go, I'm attracted to my opposite....guys who are very affectionate and showy. I guess because it takes a lot of pressure off of me to be......"mushy". Sometimes I feel like the man in the relationship

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I don't do much, ha. The only outside place I really and truly enjoy hanging out at is my art class. I really enjoy concerts, traveling and sight seeing, all of that stuff whenever I get the chance which isn't often. As far as guys go, I'm attracted to my opposite....guys who are very affectionate and showy. I guess because it takes a lot of pressure off of me to be......"mushy". Sometimes I feel like the man in the relationship
    Isnt life funny? Thanks.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Creepy-IcE2Lazy2Login

I find people take the traits too far.

Not all ISTP males will be hardcore into cars etc...

I met one recently with a dark sense of humour, fairly sarcastic, and yet he had no interest in cars... It was more video games for him...

I think it depends how accessible their interests are to them....

For example, if I cant find any computers around, and there is a car and garage I grew up with.... I know what I will be good at when I get older.

It really it depends on the environment you develop in to I think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcE2Lazy2Login
    I find people take the traits too far.

Not all ISTP males will be hardcore into cars etc...

I met one recently with a dark sense of humour, fairly sarcastic, and yet he had no interest in cars... It was more video games for him...

I think it depends how accessible their interests are to them....

For example, if I cant find any computers around, and there is a car and garage I grew up with.... I know what I will be good at when I get older.

It really it depends on the environment you develop in to I think.
    Quite right, I was just using the stereotype for light humor. I know a couple of istps that are somewhat bookish and not very much into cars or even sports. One is good at bowling and pool because thats what he grew up around. The rest of the time he just sleeps or whatever. Actually I dont know how he spends some of his time. It seems like he just lays around as far as I can tell.

Topaz

Creepy-guest guest

INTPs definitely deserve the video game stereotype

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i know one (who v.i.'s out so damned well as istp!) who is really into music, instruments, etc. he pretty much hates videogames but i've played boardgames with him a good deal.
    Oh shit, that must have been my clone .

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    sometimes they seem more like the isfp stereotype (musicians, artists, etc) than isfps themselves.
    Agreed. I often see myself that way.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Quote Originally Posted by guest guest
    INTPs definitely deserve the video game stereotype
    like no other. I know a few that have done 24 hour marathons of World of Warcraft.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

school.. music..(listening)..and then surfing the internet.
    I wanna learn how to drive stick... race? for fun... hate driving slowly, but I wanna be safe.. so driving on a track is the only way to go. ps. just sth I wanna do, not sth I've done.
    Recently discovered the fun of snowboarding..
    wanna learn guitar, drums...
    i have no patience with drawing unless I'm in the mood..

I like guys who are.. funny, not overly sensitive or needy, has his own life.. busy schedule.. tons of $$ and doesn't hog the $$

hang out.. school, home... library..occasionally arcades(if I have the $$)..book stores..but mostly school and home, so we're hard to find unless you're family or classmate or teacher.
    ISTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by playerof604
    school.. music..(listening)..and then surfing the internet.
    I wanna learn how to drive stick... race? for fun... hate driving slowly, but I wanna be safe.. so driving on a track is the only way to go. ps. just sth I wanna do, not sth I've done.
    Recently discovered the fun of snowboarding..
    wanna learn guitar, drums...
    i have no patience with drawing unless I'm in the mood..
    These are cool things. I dont draw much now but I used to all the time and need to get back into it. I want to learn guitar too. I want to be one of those cool guys who play and sing spontaneously and drive the girls nuts

I like guys who are.. funny, not overly sensitive or needy, has his own life.. busy schedule.. tons of $$ and doesn't hog the $$
    uh-oh... the other stuff I can do but anyone expecting lots of $$ from me would be saddly disappointed However, I have no problem sharing what I do have I like women who are thrifty or at least know quality. It really makes me feel happy and secure when someone really knows about healthy food and quality goods. I tend to like everything and can get swallowed up by so many options that I drown.

hang out.. school, home... library..occasionally arcades(if I have the $$)..book stores..but mostly school and home, so we're hard to find unless you're family or classmate or teacher.
    good grief. That doesnt sound very hopeful. You almost have no chance to run into ISTP women unless by some freak accident that drives them from the houses, like an earthquake or flood Should I become a fireman? hmmm.....
    Hold it! Bookstores, I love bookstores. What section would an ISTP be in? Fiction, home improvement, travel, music, romance, arts and crafts , some other...?

Topaz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to be one of those cool guys who play and sing spontaneously and drive the girls nuts
    yup... love guys who can play and sing.... uhh. unless they can't sing... or can't play well... that's when it becomes a turn-off.

anyone expecting lots of $$ from me would be sadly disappointed
    can't even be bothered to read the rest. no money no talk.. hahahaha. JK. (uh... serious to some degree)

Hold it! Bookstores, I love bookstores. What section would an ISTP be in? Fiction, home improvement, travel, music, romance, arts and crafts , some other...?
    uhh... bookstores... God haven't stepped into one in a long while. usually fiction, romance... and sometimes when I happen to see sth interesting on display... world records, history (i mean history as in ancient history ie egyptians, chinese, greeks... ).. travel... only if I"m planning on travelling to some place I haven't been. arts and crafts.. rarely.
    but... usually if a guy tries to talk to me I try to stop the conversation.
    Uhm.. I don't go to bookstores or malls or out unless I have a purpose..
    so good luck with that.

but you could try... autoshows? go snowboarding?
    nah.. best way to meet us is if u were classmate / colleague...
    otherwise you'll be forgotten soon anyway unless you do sth terribly stupid. In that case, don't wanna befriend someone stupid.. hahahaha.
    ISTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound pretty hardcore. I think your best match is ESTJ. They are workaholics that like a traditional stay-at-home wife. You'll have plenty of freedom (until the babies start coming) and very little drama. Even though they can be controling and tight with the funds they like sensible spending. And added bonus is he will take you to all your sporting events. Sometimes ESTJs are quite funny and they dont take things too personally either. An ENFP would just drive you nuts. They are too touchy-feely, too optional and dont usually earn anything over a medium salary without considerable help from others.
    OR you could become a nun.

Topaz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound pretty hardcore. I think your best match is ESTJ. They are workaholics that like a traditional stay-at-home wife. You'll have plenty of freedom (until the babies start coming) and very little drama. Even though they can be controling and tight with the funds they like sensible spending. And added bonus is he will take you to all your sporting events. Sometimes ESTJs are quite funny and they dont take things too personally either. An ENFP would just drive you nuts. They are too touchy-feely, too optional and dont usually earn anything over a medium salary without considerable help from others.
    omg.. that sounds like hell.
    being a "stay-at-home" wife... controlling... tight with funds... everything I"m against.
    I'm not incapable of going to sporting events by myself you know. how is that a bonus?
    becoming a nun is not even an option. but honestly. who said anything about marrying? or committing? XP I just want the money.. hahahahahaha.
    ISTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being a "stay-at-home" wife... controlling... tight with funds... everything I"m against.
    I'm not incapable of going to sporting events by myself you know. how is that a bonus?
    becoming a nun is not even an option. but honestly. who said anything about marrying? or committing? XP I just want the money.. hahahahahaha.
    You ISTPs are all bluff. Im not fooled. Youre just beggin to have your ivories tickled by some flaming ENFP.
    Playing hard to get is a good tactic though :wink: But making yourselves impossible to get is not . Forget about having tons of cash. It wont make you happy. Besides what good is it if there is noone to share it with.
    Havent we learned anything from spiderman? With great power comes great responsibility. Use your ISTP superpowers for the good of others (namely ENFPS )
    Edit: OK that was kinda nerdy

Topaz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You ISTPs are all bluff. Im not fooled. Youre just beggin to have your ivories tickled by some flaming ENFP.
    Playing hard to get is a good tactic though :wink: But making yourselves impossible to get is not . Forget about having tons of cash. It wont make you happy. Besides what good is it if there is noone to share it with.
    Havent we learned anything from spiderman? With great power comes great responsibility. Use your ISTP superpowers for the good of others (namely ENFPS )
    Edit: OK that was kinda nerdy
    ... WHAT super powers??? ???? ????
    of course money doesn't matter, I just wanna drive (/total) that 6 million dollar car. *shrugs* if there's any other way to do that.. I'm in! hahaha.
    ISTP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you're too dumb to be a chauffeur, so your options are limited: Theft, Auto Mechanic, or Valet Parking.

Choose wisely young whore.
    asd

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm going to vomit

@heath: Auto mechanics aren't dumb imho
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG

@heath: Auto mechanics aren't dumb imho
    yeah they understand some cool stuff in which i'm interested.
    asd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh no, you're gonna make me cry by name-calling.. wa wa wa?
    ISTP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry :[
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK you two thats enough. Dont make me turn this car around

Now back to the subject at hand. As an ISTP female, what sort of men in the past caught your eye? Which ones did you have a crush on? What would you imagine a potential husband to be like? Minus references to $$$$. Im talking about character, not materialism. Also, this is all hypothetical so dont get your panties all bunched up

Topaz