Thread: Se and Planning

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Se and Planning...

I've noticed some people very enthusiastically throw out future ideas ("We should go to that movie... go to karaoke... get together and watch that", etc) but then be very poor at making it happen in reality. Whether it occurs to them in the moment and then that poor "future planning" kicks in, I'm not sure. Perhaps it just sounds good at the time...?

No doubt they're really possessed by the idea at the moment. But then later, they usually need to be reminded they suggested it. (And maybe even pinned down to an actual date/time.)

Is this function related? Maybe or -creative?

As NiFe, I'm inclined to want to provide myself with definitive future opportunities for maximum fun with people I like a lot. Anticipation of occasions for fun are often more delicious than the actual occasion. So, I'm usually the "Yes! When can we do this??" person in the scenario above...
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se

They live in the moment and make lots of promises then which they do not fullfill.

Yep seen that before.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like Ne to me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-bg

I do that

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Se

They live in the moment and make lots of promises then which they do not fullfill.

Yep seen that before.
    I think you've got Se confused with Ne.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Se

Yep seen that before.
    I think you've got Se confused with Ne.
    Se's make all sorts of promises they don't fulfill on. Sometimes they are lying to get people to like them or think they are cool, or most of the time they just don't think through the actual consequences of the promises they make. They just want to get the ball rolling. Once they actually have to face doing what they said they would they can become avoidant.

The not being able to get things going and just coming up with fun ideas is more a product of Ne I would say though. Se's more likely just change their attention to something else and no longer want to do the first thing. If they want to get something going they normally can.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    That sounds like Ne to me.
    Me too. Fantasizing about ideas with no plans to actually make them come about in reality.
    I don't sense that it's fantasizing, though, not in that sense. More like very sincere suggestion "in the moment" that sounds really fun at the time, but ends up relegated to the bin of all the other fun suggestions once that moment has passed. My impressions of say, an ESFp who gets these ideas, but ends up with more immediate options later on.

Certainly, it's not a "promise" which I think implies intention to carry through. On the contrary, I know -valuing types who are very hesitant to commit to anything too far in the future, probably because they aren't really sure they'll want to do X when the time comes actually around (what if they want to do Y then?).

But I know whereof the kind of idea-generation that never goes anywhere...

Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do that too, though. Something will sound good, and I'll sincerely want to do it, so I'll say we should, but then as time goes on something else will distract me or whatever and it just won't happen.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I do that too, though. Something will sound good, and I'll sincerely want to do it, so I'll say we should, but then as time goes on something else will distract me or whatever and it just won't happen.
    My thinking was that this phenomenon was related to a lack of "awareness of time", which I understood was primarily associated with PoLR . I'm still not sure how presents, but I did know an ENTj who was extremely guilty of this -- great, wonderful, fabulous ideas that would never coalesce into anything substantial. He was very blithe about it.

Basically, I just usually find it rather dismaying. I instantly fall in love with those ideas!! And I want to be a part of them when they are acted upon! (But I hate being the "reminder".) I'm fundamentally a follower; I don't want the mantle of leader. :wink:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it doesn't have as much to do with functions as it does J or P- a P person says we shud do this! and needs the J person to put it into action. it can work for any P type really
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    it doesn't have as much to do with functions as it does J or P- a P person says we shud do this! and needs the J person to put it into action. it can work for any P type really
    In that case, I guess IEI and SEE are just two Ps in a pod, then... :wink:
    (I ever so clever!)

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irrationality, especially EP (because it is both impulsive and static).
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I do that
    ESTjs don't do that. (I do it to an ESTj friend of mine and it drives her nuts.)

You're damn right it does.....

and consider polr of ESTj
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.