View Poll Results: Which type is most intense?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTp

5 15.63%
  • ENFp

2 6.25%
  • ESTp

2 6.25%
  • ESFp

1 3.13%
  • ENTj

4 12.50%
  • ENFj

4 12.50%
  • ESTj

1 3.13%
  • ESFj

1 3.13%
  • INTp

0 0%
  • INFp

3 9.38%
  • ISTp

5 15.63%
  • ISFp

0 0%
  • INTj

1 3.13%
  • INFj

0 0%
  • ISTj

2 6.25%
  • ISFj

1 3.13%

Thread: Which type is most intense?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which type is most intense?

Now I know that there are different ways a person can be intense and whatnot... but overall, which type do you think is most intense?

ENTp gets a very enthusiastic vote from me.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intense?

::Votes ENFj::
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably due to this board, when I think intense, I think ENTP.

ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on your definition of intense.

ESTps are physically intense.
    ENTps are crazy-ideas-exploding intense.
    Most of the F types seem touchy-feely intense to me.
    I've heard INTjs described as intense. *shrug*
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Intense?

::Votes ENFj::
    I'll say the opposite... EIEs are the most extensive, whereas I think the SLI is the most intensive. ILE doesn't get much support from me, actually... they can be pushy sometimes, but not really intensive.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=extensive

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=intense
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp. I drive myself crazy.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Rocky, you're probabl right on that one, at least in how you described ENFjs(extensive.)
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because of the different ways one can be intense I feel i can't pick one. Here's my vote

INTj, ENTp, ENFj, ESTp, INFp

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

ENFJ

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If by intense you mean "explosive" then I would say ENFj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child
    I casted my vote for ENFj...they're not just toucht-feely intense. Socially they are intense regardless of the mood atmosphere. They're intense in a lot of other ways that I sure can't beat and I can't see many other types beating.

ENTps do not seem intense to me. My one aquiantance(INFj intuitive subtype) accurately described this one ENTp I'm friends with as simply "easily carried away" in regards to his very...erm...inventive ideas(instead of saying psychotic ideas).
    I agree, ENFJ (EIE) is the most intense. Ive known quite a few and they all are mecurial and dramatic on the oldams personality styles. They often have strong contientious traits too which are diametrically apposed to the other two styles providing and intense inner drama that they have confided in me about. They say " I wish I was more easy going and happy go lucky like you". I wish I could get stuff done like they can

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, my mom is an ENFj and I'm a lot more intense than she is. Perhaps I'm just intense and it is not type related?
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you _sure_ she's ENFj?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She doesn't fit into any other type.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes people present themselves differently to their children than they do to other adults. Ask your father. Also people tend to mellow as they get older. They learn not to be so reactive. If you sat down and had a long talk with your mom she might tell you some stories of how she was as a young lady that would help you see her in a different light. Or maybe she's just a mellow enfj and always was one. Thats a possibility too

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah, my mom's an open book
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess not every ENFj is fit-out to be a fiery fuhrer. :/

Creepy-pokeball

Perhaps stereotyping types based on anecdotal evidence is not the best of ideas...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Perhaps stereotyping types based on anecdotal evidence is not the best of ideas...
    True. I call em like I see em. None of the enfjs I know would qualify for anything like a ******. They are too nice.

Topaz

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Perhaps stereotyping types based on anecdotal evidence is not the best of ideas..."

Perhaps you merely need to lighten up?

Creepy-pokeball

Why? These are the type of things internalized and then acted/reacted upon. I see no reason to not be serious about subjects like this in comparison to playing a fun game of drunken Scrabble with my buds. Why does it matter which temperament preference is "X"? It doesn't. It is too broad of an implication and socially limiting (less options= Less choice=less power) to the temperament that the implication sticks to without considering the actual individual. In reverse, this could even make an ass out of the one with these implied preconceptions when the one being implied about reacts negatively.

So yeah, this is a serious subject matter as it also deals with people, social construct and ethics. This is not BIO 101 where you see the froggies gonadadoohickies and label them. It isnt absolute like that unless of course one is implying that it is okay to limit another to a role. No thanks to that. I will not be cast into a role based on someone else's anecdotal evidence of someone else and I do not think anyone here should be as well. It's embarrassing to everyone involved in that act to be honest.

The thing that I find most interesting is that I have seen complaints about this forum being too social (which I expected because we require it--extroverts and introverts alike in varying degrees) yet it is okay to support Socionics temperament (or personality, whatever the title is) theory in extremely simple social ways such as random anecdote but it is apparently not okay to be serious. I would hope that if one is serious about these subject matters that it would be okay to use more serious means to support or critique a theory. I see a total double standard here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not a serious subject matter; psychology and sociology, especially when discussed by amateurs whom hold no influence in fields other than academic ones, is far from a serious subject matter.

Creepy-pokeball

Then choose one. It seems that someone is going to get maligned for going in either direction. And what about one who isnt an amateur? And what is wrong with an amateur that is educated? Hell, you could do more than half of this with philosophical approach. Are you saying that someone that is getting paid as a professional in those fields (as an immediate example, I will be in 2 years) hold more weight that someone equally intelligent and knowledgable? Philosophical fallacy btw (Fallacy: Special Pleading "assertion that comprehension is not possible because they lack official qualification").

But why does the direction matter anyhow? I would hope that anyone that wants to learn would be intelligent about it anyhow. I see no reason why being serious is not okay in this light. To quote a Ni/TE from another forum about theory and learning and getting serious into the subject matter, "But it's fun!" I so agree with her. It is. But being illogical or unethical about it is not fun. It only begs the question of, "Why am I here?" Also, it doesnt aid socionics in credibility. That begs another question of, "Why is Xperson here?"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Hell, you could do more than half of this with philosophical approach. Are you saying that someone that is getting paid as a professional in those fields (as an immediate example, I will be in 2 years) hold more weight that someone equally intelligent and knowledgable? Philosophical fallacy btw (Fallacy: Special Pleading "assertion that comprehension is not possible because they lack official qualification")."

In terms of how much they can affect society, yes they do hold more weight.

"I see no reason why being serious is not okay in this light."

I never said being serious wasn't okay, I just said lighten up and learn to take jokes as jokes.

Creepy-pokeball

My first reply wasnt even to you if that is what you are referring to. I was replying about the overall danger this line of reasoning presents which is internalizing sterotypes from temperament via anedotal evidence.

"Temperament X is the most Y thus all of Temperament X is always Y" It sounds silly but one would be amazed at what is internalized as true.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the sense of unstable and emotionally explosive - ENFj.
    Intense in the sense of purposeful, dedicated - ISFj and ISTj.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

To me, there are no intense types. There are intense people though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have seen people to turn internally intense like an EII (thanks to me). I have my externally tense moments but I have lows as well. You can count more on intense Ejs than Eps.
    When I'm on I have so little touch on my Si it is insane. ESTp pupil wants to put me on medicine or chain me on chair or something. I just don't know exactly but lots of aggressor like behaviour gets triggered.

Alphas and deltas tend to like my Ne overdrive.
    And we have a model (jumps up, gesticulates and swallows his own tongue):
    I think it relates to your base function. If you value it gets registered positively and if you HATE it gets registered negatively. In case of ignoring and demonstrating it gets registered as neutral at first.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Beta Extrovert sx/so reactive triad

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

... and 684, 854, 683 ....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that ENFps can get quite intense, atleast the one that I knew or I may have mistyped her. She would get super intense when she was passionate about something and it was kinda uncomfortable intensity- atleast for me because it was like -- i don't know how to put it... held together by very little