Thread: My enneagram Type

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My enneagram Type

fu** test. I like people point of view. Ok, my personality is only based in enjoyment, avoiding 'complex' emotional situation like fighting with my gf. I like to read, understand things because my curiosity is awesome high. In fact, Im feeling somhow nerd reading this kind of thing and I don't try to make comment of this things to people (just close people know about socionics). I like functual information, I have a very fast walking and avoid to look around when I'm outside only caring about my thought. I learn things really fast, that's why I feel frustrated when I don't clearly understand. My feelings are very explosive, sometimes I like a lot an activity but later this same activity lose my interest. But I like to think, I guess I think a lot. I collect functional information but my emotion/instict/intuition decide. My biggest problems is that I sometimes don't understand things, sometimes I cannot see the entire image, the global view of my problems/doubt/whatever.

I like feeling that I'm doing something, feeling useful somehow (to myself or just for someone). I really enjoy doing new things, starting projects. Sometimes when I'm in doubt, doing things to clear my mind (for example, playing Wow, walking, view tv, and sometimes, meeting with friends) really helps me to retake my doubt and problems. I'm very introverted with strange people, but when I meet really nice people (nice people = people that I found interest to formalize a friendship) I try to spend my time with him. With close people, I'm wild, sometimes very crazy.

I like to changes too. I said that I like new things before, but challenge attract to me too. Maybe my competitive spirit really sucks (that's way I like RPG and stuff like that) but when I'm in a good ambient I can be very efficient (in work and house). I like to integrate things in my life just to make something different and special to myself. When I realize that this things that I integrate (music, videogames, life-style, whatever) are really particular and special, Ill share it with my close friends. I don't know how much longer this integration-things endure, but I enjoy it for a while.

People sometimes have problems to read me, undestand my logical points. I guess that is because I have a very theorical and particular way of think. I don't ussually speak about my emotion, but when I do sometimes I dramatize a lot my problems.

Any question are welcome. Let me see your anwser (Ezra, aka-kitsune, joy and so)

Creepy-bg

ESL much?

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    ESL much?
    ESL??
    What is that enneagram type??? JAHAAHA

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, my english sucks. maybe I could answer much better with some question.

Creepy-bg

(English as a Second Language)

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:39 pm Post subject:

Creepy-bg

I don't do enneagrams... otherwise I might be able to help. Sorry

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problems there. You make me feel
    I hate you for that.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:39 pm Post subject:

Creepy-bg

No problems there. You make me feel
    I hate you for that.
    (I'm an asshole )

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bionicgoat (nice name btw)
    Would you give then a socionics type for what I 'try' to describe about myself?

Creepy-bg

it's hard with the language barrier (at least for me) but I still think SEI for some reason. I like you, you're good people... therefor most likely alpha! :wink:

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, the problem is my english. But I improved a little (consider my first "what is my type" around december).

Creepy-bg

yes it has improved, alot!

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks BionicG
    I wish some people could understand my ESL and can give me their opinion. Its a bit sad to know that people couldn't answer because of that.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 hours has passed and no one answer!

ok... i quit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your english isn't that bad. i say this only as a TOEFL test rater/ESL teacher who deals with speakers much less intelligible than you on a daily basis. seems like most of the language transfer from spanish to english and vice versa is beneficial, so i cannot blame you for doing this. just use a dictionary more often instead of trusting your intuition on some of the cognates. i do this constantly with spanish and have said some stupid things as a result, but being corrected does wonders. maybe look more into subject-verb agreement & work on punctuation. i don't know if you're writing posts quickly and thus not paying attention to little details. i write posts pretty quickly in spanish sometimes and make mistakes. it's good to do it fast, but not if it sacrifices your accuracy. you're getting some excellent practice right now, reading english language forums.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    your english isn't that bad. i say this only as a TOEFL test rater/ESL teacher who deals with speakers much less intelligible than you on a daily basis. seems like most of the language transfer from spanish to english and vice versa is beneficial, so i cannot blame you for doing this. just use a dictionary more often instead of trusting your intuition on some of the cognates. i do this constantly with spanish and have said some stupid things as a result, but being corrected does wonders. maybe look more into subject-verb agreement & work on punctuation. i don't know if you're writing posts quickly and thus not paying attention to little details. i write posts pretty quickly in spanish sometimes and make mistakes. it's good to do it fast, but not if it sacrifices your accuracy. you're getting some excellent practice right now, reading english language forums.
    Tienes toda la razón.
    I know that reading english's forums help me to improve my english. I mean, this is really interesting to me, other foreign people could just read all what you write here and leave without care/understand anything but no, I'm here, almost all day I read the forum, trying to comunicate with all, learning about myself and developing my english too. Perphaps I should use more 'translator', I avoid to use them because sometimes doesn't translate what I truly want to say (and yeah, I'm speaking about google translator).
    Anyway, you're right there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

diccionarios.com pero cuesta! i wouldn't use any dictionaries without examples of the words put into context haha.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a very interesting character, normal. You seem to be a mix of geekiness and competitiveness, a bit like me actually.

I'd say 5w4, 5w6, 6w5, and MAYBE 8w9 are all possibilities. Have a read up on them all from various sites. It depends - do you reckon you're in your head more or are you governed by your appetites and the like?

Creepy-bg

Thanks BionicG
    I wish some people could understand my ESL and can give me their opinion. Its a bit sad to know that people couldn't answer because of that.
    I didn't mean that you can't be understood... not at all. It's just the way you phrase stuff is a bit awkward sometimes and takes once or twice to read. I've never read one of your posts and been like "WTF is this guy saying???!?!?!"

don't worry about it

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    do you reckon you're in your head more or are you governed by your appetites and the like?
    It's a bit difficult to answer. I just can't simply recognize if I do something because my curiosity and appetite wants me to do or it is just my head. But I would prefer thinking that it is my head, I dont want to think that I am a type without brains in the head.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks BionicG
    I didn't mean that you can't be understood... not at all. It's just the way you phrase stuff is a bit awkward sometimes and takes once or twice to read. I've never read one of your posts and been like "WTF is this guy saying???!?!?!"

don't worry about it
    That's great. You remember me to my INTx friend a bit. But, of course you are different from him.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I'd say 5w4, 5w6, 6w5, and MAYBE 8w9 are all possibilities. Have a read up on them all from various sites.
    Of all the types that you gave to me, which I believe is the most possible are 5w4 or 6w5 cp. Because:

-I don't want to feel that I'm useless or incompetent. That's why in real life, 'sometimes' I'm looked as a very serious person. Some people have said to me that I try always to have the right reason (I say to them that they are only possibilities). There's other times, when I'm with people who are more 'cool' than me, I try to be reclusive and more serious. If I try to stand out, I try to be different someone, to having different thought and even, try to take the antagonism of the conversation (so many 'try' right?). In other forums (this is not the case), I attempt to prove to be even more 'intellectual' (which is sometimes very bad because people have problems with my point of view).
    -Another thing to take, I'm very weak in fight.I mean, yeah Im competitive but fighting with stranger (physically and verbally) really stress me up. I like to argue, but when one (strange) person have serious problems with my behavior, I feel very bad. So, I tend to look for nice people.

What I said is very personal, I don't know if I'm glad to appear someone else for my fear of being ignored, useless or whatever. The answer of why I do such things, I still don't know it. Could it be because I always have an idealized-self, lack of intimacy, or just because I were/weren't valued as a person (when i was a child).

I don't believe that I'm 3 btw. 3 are very achieve-materialist person (for my own particular view). I don't seek my knowledge for something important.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check this link out:

http://www.geocities.com/lifexplore/chwings.htm

And this:

Misidentifying Fives and Sixes

Fives and Sixes are both Thinking types and, when educated, can both be quite intellectual. It is far more common for Sixes to mistype as Fives, but for some easily understood reasons. Of the two types, Sixes tend to be more linear and analytical in their thinking because they are interested in troubleshooting, in prediction, and in establishing methods that can be repeated. Thus, contrary to popular belief, the world of academia and higher education is more the realm of Sixes than of Fives. Academia teaches students to work with advisors and mentors, to cite sources and back up arguments with quotes from authorities, to follow proper procedures in papers and theses, and so forth–all type Six values.

Fives are much more non-linear in their thinking. They are interested in finding out where established theories break down and in developing iconoclastic ideas that shake up structures and established methods. Fives are, generally speaking, bolder than Sixes in their positions and creativity, but also far less practical. Fives feel that they can only trust their own minds to come to conclusions–they believe that everyone else is likely to be less well-informed. Sixes get frantic trying to find something to trust precisely because they do not trust their own minds to come to meaningful conclusions. The difference between them can be seen in the difference between Umberto Eco ( a Five) and Tom Clancy (a Six), or Peter Gabriel (a Five) and Bruce Springsteen (a Six).

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the description of 5w4, but not in the view of art. But I appreciate beauty and originality. 6 are very paranoid. I'm not that type. Even If they are not, they tend to suspect of people and don't do that either. I'm very scientific but not in the way the link said.
    So, 5w4 is the best type. What do you think?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's perfectly compatible with ILI. But you know yourself best. Does it fit? Better than 5w6 even?

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i know myself but i don't know my enneagram

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So look at the types. You said 5w4 fits. I'm asking you if there are any other possibilities, so that we can eliminate these possibilities to find your true type.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're right. Still these 2 possibilities (5w4 - 5w6) could be my enneagram type. Thanks Ezra.